I recently purchsed my Xbox from a Best Buy store near my house. Couldn't love it more.

When I bought it, though, I went through what seemed to be quite a questionable process. Upon arriving at the register, they pushed their sham of a 2 year product replacement plan on me as they always do. I respectfully declined as I always do. The cashier then goes on to inform me that MS provides "Absolutely No " warranty on the Xbox console. He also said that Best Buy only offers a 60 day warranty on it. I was sure that he was just using scare tactics to try to get me to buy that stupid warranty (they make outrageous money from these, and they give incentives to the employees to sell more). So, I wonder what the real warranty is. Anyway, he looked around, and in a low voice he said "I Really think you need to get the warranty. Tell you what, I'll take $20 off the price of the two games you're getting, and sell you the warranty for $40. That way, you're basically getting it for free." I said, sure, go ahead. So I have my two year warranty, should statistics fail me and my Xbox break. A friend of mine was told the same initial things at the Best Buy he went to, but when he asked them to do the same thing they did for me they scoffed at him.

Seems either Best Buy is trying to make a ton of money off people buying the warranties by giving consumers false information, or M$ is really not offering a warranty. Anyone know?