Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EA and ESPN deal (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by faceoff508
    This sucks. At least it will make Madden better.

How do you figure. It will be better only by compairison of; Nothing. From this day forward Madden won't need to change at all since it doesn't have any competition. They can now go back to what they were doing, rehashing older versions and calling it different, with a new sticker and cover star. EA is a disgrace to games, gamers, and life itself. They should rot in the ground.

You guys put down EA too much. I'm not buying that they will stop trying on their football games.

I think I've figured it out: People who are true football fans like Madden. Those who aren't too sure what a first down is, play NFL2K5. That has to be it.

Its hard to see, what will happen.. Ea do bring innovative things to the tables at times...

We will have to wait and see what happens... And it better be good!
    Hidden Content Tune&bg=8" quality="high"width="400"height="160"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content style="font-family: Impact">Dz

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0Mercy
    You guys put down EA too much. I'm not buying that they will stop trying on their football games.

I think I've figured it out: People who are true football fans like Madden. Those who aren't too sure what a first down is, play NFL2K5. That has to be it.
    Apparently you failed to notice that they stopped trying some time ago.

As far as true football fans liking Madden? Sure, plenty do. The majority of which just haven't played ESPN.
    RIP Dave

Someone has to stop them =/
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Merging this thread was done poorly. The first post gives no link, context, or explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepers
    Merging this thread was done poorly. The first post gives no link, context, or explanation.
    Neither do any of the posts that were made in either thread that was merged. So......
    RIP Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Duke-XBA
    Neither do any of the posts that were made in either thread that was merged. So......
    Well that's just great for everybody.

You mean where multiple audibles in Madden makes the opposing team 'exhausted' so that you can convert first downs with ease??/?/1/1

Or where the game FORCES you to punt on fourth downs?!?!?1/1?

If the game was ANY good you could shut down 4th down attempts to convert with relative ease, but since it isn't, Madden FORCES you to punt in order to attempt to keep the game realistic. In short, their engine is dated and in need of an overhaul, not cosmetic either(although that needs help also).

If you like Madden better than ESPN...great, but don't make foolish comments.
    Last edited by CRAYMAN; 01-18-2005 at 11:28 AM.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

This crap EA is pulling might be 'good business' in a very basic sense, but it's really overly aggressive IMO. If I was a sports fan, I'd be outraged. As a gamer, I am simply for the fact that if EA keeps on like this unchecked, they could really hurt the industry. Their games are crap, and they're all about the bottom line.

I hope they all burn.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Quote Originally Posted by Peepers
    So it's my fault people don't know how to post? Thanks

I edited the thread due to people's lack of knowledge on how to post an informative thread.

Yea, that must be it, cuz lord knows, I'm not a football fan at all - but have for some reason always stuck with the Sega series since the days of the DC. As well as bieng involved in Fantasy Football for the last 5 years of my life - I hate the sport.

Caspowned!!

This is MY HOME

Casper owned you, Xer0.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoko
    Casper owned you, Xer0.
    Actually, I thought I did a better job on Peepers, but who am I to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAYMAN
    You mean where multiple audibles in Madden makes the opposing team 'exhausted' so that you can convert first downs with ease??/?/1/1

Or where the game FORCES you to punt on fourth downs?!?!?1/1?

If the game was ANY good you could shut down 4th down attempts to convert with relative ease, but since it isn't, Madden FORCES you to punt in order to attempt to keep the game realistic. In short, their engine is dated and in need of an overhaul, not cosmetic either(although that needs help also).
    Yes, EA made a mistake with this. Easy fix: turn fatigue off. Who needs fatigue, anyway?

The game doesn't force you to punt on first downs. If you are playing online, and you are playing a "fairplay" game, you must punt unless you're in certain situations. This is to stop people from going for it on 4th down in unrealistic situations.

Shutting down 4th down conversions is no easier than they are in real life. I guess you just suck at the game and therefore, can't stop it.

Get your information right next time. It sounds like you don't have much of any valid arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper-XBA
    Yea, that must be it, cuz lord knows, I'm not a football fan at all - but have for some reason always stuck with the Sega series since the days of the DC. As well as bieng involved in Fantasy Football for the last 5 years of my life - I hate the sport.
    Basically my comment implied that I will never figure out why everyone like 2K5 better. I mean, don't get me wrong, there are some things that are very cool about the game, such as the presentation and a few other things. It must be the graphics, or something.

The fact that you can break tackles so easily it about retarded. Tap the 'A' button as fast as you can and you can evade the tackle! It's bull****. Doesn't really matter what difficulty it's on. That's just one thing I don't care about in the game. Just the feel and flow of the game messes me up.

I owned a DC and was quite loyal to the 2K series, owning all of the 2K's up to 2K3. I HATED Madden before this time. Then I gave Madden a try, and liked it better.

I guess it's kind of weird - I can never tell which game someone will like better. It's kind of a toss-up in that one person may think it's a great game where the other thinks its not that great.

I think it's a good game, I just think Madden has a better feel to it. That's probably the main reason why I prefer Madden of 2K5.

You know, everyone has already put the nail in the coffin for Sega Sports, but you know what I see..I see a future of football games without the licensing that will still kick the heck out of Madden. I see Tecmo Football on the horizon! I mean come on, Sega can still make a great football game and just not have the NFL License. They could make up really cool names like Buster Brown, Mighty Joe Punter, Crazy Legs McKenzie and still make a excellent game. Make it more of a arcade type of game. Let EA have the simulation games and just go after the acarde market. That's what I would do, I mean yes simulation games are cool, but a arcade game with hard hits and blood and gore now that's real time football to me! Bring on the Mortal Kombat of football games. Make a game where you can do martial arts moves on the other players to break tackles. Have a game where you have weapons aka guns, swords, rpg's and be able to use them as you run plays. Now that would be a kicking game. I don't see this as a end to Sega's sports titles at all..I see it as a new beginning in their sports titles. Bring on the Pain!

DAMN'T! Now I'm really mad I didn't run down those (I think it was) 9 EA employees last month at the red light. Damn't! They cannot possibly keep doing this can they? They have to be breaking some law or something in the video game industry right?

Yes, EA made a mistake with this. Easy fix: turn fatigue off. Who needs fatigue, anyway?

The game doesn't force you to punt on first downs. If you are playing online, and you are playing a "fairplay" game, you must punt unless you're in certain situations. This is to stop people from going for it on 4th down in unrealistic situations.

Shutting down 4th down conversions is no easier than they are in real life. I guess you just suck at the game and therefore, can't stop it.

Get your information right next time. It sounds like you don't have much of any valid arguments.
    (Oops! You really stepped in it this time!)

WHO NEEDS FATIGUE???!?!?!? How about ANYONE that wants a realistic simulation of FOOTBALL!!!!

If it's sooo easy to shut down 4th and 30 in MAdden....why take out the option of players to attempt it??? I'll tell you why they take it out. It's a lot easier for EA to remove the option than to go through the trouble of FIXING the problem. Their football engine is dated and in need of an overhaul.
    It looks like maybe you don't have "much of any valid arguments".
    Last edited by CRAYMAN; 01-20-2005 at 01:02 PM.

this is terrible. nfl 2k5 was more realistic and just overall a much better game than than ea version....same with their basketball games, imo. like someone else said, ea just rehashes last years game with a couple new "features" and throws a 50 dollar price tag on it.

sega > ea sports....by a long shot.
    Last edited by Soundscape1; 01-20-2005 at 02:10 PM.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Rhiannon-XBA
    uhhmmm no, my curtains and rug started sending me hieroglyphic messages.

Thread Information