Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OXM has no love for XBA?!

Default OXM has no love for XBA?!

Last week I recieved my latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine (June 2002) , but I never got around to reading it until last night while peeping out da playoffs when A.I. was droppin dimes on da Celtics!

Anyways, I read the mag page for page ( well, just about ) when I got to the end of the magazine and low and behold the were plugging da hell outta TXB!
    I dont have no problems with those cats since they are supporter of the best d@mn console as we are here in da XBA's.

But it kinda bothered me I have to admit. OXM even went on the record to claiming TXB not only has the best website......but the "best Xbox forum on the net"!
    In all respects to TXB, they may have 10's of thousands more members than we do,but does that make them better?
    Hell naw!

I actually visited them a couple times and saw nothing out of the ordinary topics in their forums! Their homepage is very attrative and set of nicely with cool graphics, but come on.
    Give XBA some props too OXM! Yeah, XBA made their page a couple issues ago, but be fair.

I know by reading my issue late this topic "may" have been brought up, but I have not came across anything.

For the record, im not jealous of them. I actually will congrates them, but I just want our hard working staff to get their shine too.
    Ya feel me?

Durden-XBA

Ninja, we need more participants like you on this site... Spread the word and preach straight from your XBox bible!

I think what the mag was talkin' about with regard to their forums is that they have OFFICIAL game forums where the game developers actually come in and talk with 'us' commoners about their assorted projects.

Would any of you be interested in something like that here? Or is there really any reason for us to improve on the BEST DAMN FORUMS PERIOD? Remember, XBA is the place to be!

-The more members we recrute here, the better the stuff we can do for the users!!! Also remember if there is some news that y'all think is worth a look *Ahem* DZ NUTZ *Ahem* email it to a news editor here, and you'll get credit on the front page for the contribution! Please nothing too out there tho! Anyways, take care and enjoy yourselves! (I'm going back to sleep =) )

yeah dude i know what ya mean. . .i got that issue too it's like this website is the neglected step child of the Xbox
    best forums at TXB though???. . . . . i dunno about that one

besides the only reason that OXM plugs them is cauz they teamed up and TXB has a list of all the people who are sending i pictures for the Elite points. . . . IMO most of the challenges suck and really dont make u elite at gaming i mean beating halo on legendaty is but stackin 15 master chifs or filling a base with vechils. . .com'n!?!?!? thats just stupid
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

this place is the better fourm the only advantage i see for txb would be the people and i think the get to talk to game developers some times
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

yeah we had a thread about this a few days ago. I dont know what the problem wit OXM... didnt they team up with xboxaddict? Forget them... we dont need a magazine because we got XBA to give us the lowdown

Originally posted by Durden-XBA
    Ninja, we need more participants like you on this site... Spread the word and preach straight from your XBox bible!

I think what the mag was talkin' about with regard to their forums is that they have OFFICIAL game forums where the game developers actually come in and talk with 'us' commoners about their assorted projects.

Would any of you be interested in something like that here? Or is there really any reason for us to improve on the BEST DAMN FORUMS PERIOD? Remember, XBA is the place to be!

-The more members we recrute here, the better the stuff we can do for the users!!! Also remember if there is some news that y'all think is worth a look *Ahem* DZ NUTZ *Ahem* email it to a news editor here, and you'll get credit on the front page for the contribution! Please nothing too out there tho! Anyways, take care and enjoy yourselves! (I'm going back to sleep =) )
    Durden-XBA, thanks for the props bro, but we have several other... how should I say.... leaders by example?

As far as implementing more forums, ect, ect. I say the more the marrier! Really, I think the XBA-Staff could have conference call or something and figure out says to improve not only the forum but the site as a whole.
    Re-freshing the homepage could be a start?
    Anyone else with idea?
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 05-02-2002 at 09:56 AM.

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

Default whaaaa

whhhhaaaaaaaa xbox addict rules!!!! lets all send a letter saying that they should put stuff about xbox addict since it is the BEST xbox site on the net! WHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

I was one of the first to get the Mag and then I read and posted on this very topic,,,,,,Then that night the whole thing just dissappeared, So I searched and not even my posts on the thread I made was there. I asked Mec and he didnt know so ,,,,,,I like that you have reposted this,,,,,,,but watch out the hobgoblins may come for your thread as well. I think that OXM said something nice about XBA in a issue awhile back? But I dont like the "Best site on the net junk either" They have more peps thats all. I like the quick responses here. And the people are nice ,,,,well most of them. There is that one guy w/all the band aids on him,,,the one trying to play like he's a ninja, he's always cutting into somebodys post with his not so funny humor sword. Or his I am incapable of logic ninja stars. Well other than him and atleast two others this site rocks.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Default JK

hehe

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

I've brought this topic up in a different way and it magically disappeared.

As far as forums go, these are the best.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

hey guys..i remeber this topic/thread awhile back
    personally..i'm not to worried aobut it...they oviously (oxm) struck a deal with TXB and they need to plug it since oxm readers can now check out their gaming points for pulling off those challenges.

we all know who has the best forums and thats all that matters...
    btw..durden..thanx for the compliment...i've never really thought about emailing the mods of this site all the new news i find and post...maybe i will someday...but its more important for me to get my fellow xba comrades the breaking news then to get credit on the homepage.
    rock on XBA...rock on

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
    I've brought this topic up in a different way and it magically disappeared.

As far as forums go, these are the best.
    I dont understand why you and dznutz say you both posted simular topics like this but hery fell off da forum pages!

Maybe the topic needed da infamous XBA role model, hero, & Icon-Ninja Jubei's seal of approval as thread maker!
    Duno, but how do you all feel about the lack of OXM recognizing our hard working XBA-staff members?

Originally posted by Brevity
    But I dont like the "Best site on the net junk either" They have more peps thats all. I like the quick responses here. And the people are nice ,,,,well most of them. There is that one guy w/all the band aids on him,,,the one trying to play like he's a ninja, he's always cutting into somebodys post with his not so funny humor sword. Or his I am incapable of logic ninja stars. Well other than him and atleast two others this site rocks.
    I wanna laugh, but your joke on me is kinda confusing brevity!
    btw, we need some more of your humor with da stick people again.
    Maybe that will brighten up da topic at hand.
    Remember da Ninja/Jjax/waximus stick dudes? lol!

The ninja and his master. I think ninja is the guy that is to the far left at intro,,,,,working w/the master. Max is the guy in the crowd or is that JJax?

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

lol @ the stick theatre....

btw ninja....i didn't say i made those threads...i'd said i remember seeing em.

JJax/Ninja ? says " hay Max had a kid maybe its my turn to get back into the sattle?" "I think I will try some of those new Viagre's or what ever the hell there called" Pic from that night.

Originally posted by Brevity
    JJax/Ninja ? says " hay Max had a kid maybe its my turn to get back into the sattle?" "I think I will try some of those new Viagre's or what ever the hell there called" Pic from that night.
    LMAO!! dats mos def not me brevity! I dont see no Ninja Jr,'s in da near future bro! Straight chillin right now for me playa.

That seems to be more like Jjax's ass cause you know he's aways talkin about getting high, smokin, drink, and da purlpe pills!

i agree
    i think that xba is way better than txb
    we had the naki contest first
    and we give away way more shit then them!

xba rules!

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Originally posted by E-Xbox
    i agree
    i think that xba is way better than txb
    we had the naki contest first
    and we give away way more shit then them!

xba rules!

peace

Speaking of da Naki Case Contest, I have still yet to recieve mine. I emailed the respective people and no answers.

Oh well, I can always leave here and join TeamXbox.com

j/k ...... for now

xbAWOL

we should email oxm and make them reconize oxm!!! i think txb has like 21,000 members and we have over 7,000...so do u think we are the second biggest xbox site in terms of members??

Thread Information