Thread: Further proof of Xbox price drop?

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Further proof of Xbox price drop?

An alleged advertisement could further support reports that an Xbox price drop is imminent in the US.

An alleged scan of a Wal*Mart advertisement that has been circulating online may lend additional credence to Reuter's recent report that an Xbox price drop is imminent in the US. The advertisement was purportedly set to run in Sunday papers on May 26th, but is said to have leaked early. The ad marks the system's price as $199.94--down from its current price point of $299.96.
    Representatives at Wal*Mart were not available at press time to confirm or deny the advertisement's validity. Microsoft officials offered no comment. We'll have more on this story as it develops.

From Gamespot
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The price is very likely to drop. I think it's a good move

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Here is the ad:

I also think it's a good move...for $199.99, it's a damn steal. Hell for 299 it thought I was lucky
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

good move, but ide bee kinda mad cuz i paid 299 for mine

seems kinda early to me. . . especially since the damn thing cost 400 to make!!
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
    seems kinda early to me. . . especially since the damn thing cost 400 to make!!
    I agree. I know MS has boatloads of money. However, they are already losing a ton on the console. Obviously, a pricecut would mean they would be losing even more. Hopefully, they will see a surge in volume to make up for it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by SkoalMint

I agree. I know MS has boatloads of money. However, they are already losing a ton on the console. Obviously, a pricecut would mean they would be losing even more. Hopefully, they will see a surge in volume to make up for it.
    Well, one thing is for sure, Microsoft makes a lot of return on the games. It only takes about $3 to stamp out a game disc, however, they sell for about $50

Microsoft is concerned with making money, thats for sure... but you have to remember, they are thinking ahead. WAY ahead. I don't think it will bother them if they lose a bunch of money on the box, as the more money they lose the more people will think 'hey MS is awesome, cheaps system and great games!'. Then up goes their fan base, they sell more consoles, then they start integrating consoles with their .net initiative. Microsoft is a marketing machine and they are probably concerned with things that most people haven't even considered. Im betting how much they make with the box is the last thing on their list of concernes.

Registered User MageOfTheMatrix's Avatar

NOT YET!!! I hope this doesn't go out into the media.

--Drops everything and rushes to sell PS2 on ebay--

The Xbox doesn't cost $400 to make.

With the current price of hardware and analysts thoughts the Xbox costs rougly $230-$270 to make.

Registered User MageOfTheMatrix's Avatar

Originally posted by MageOfTheMatrix
    NOT YET!!! I hope this doesn't go out into the media.

--Drops everything and rushes to sell PS2 on ebay--
    Done.

Originally posted by DeathKnightMaF
    The Xbox doesn't cost $400 to make.

With the current price of hardware and analysts thoughts the Xbox costs rougly $230-$270 to make.
    Some of these financial papers have it as low a 200. I don't think it ever cost four bills. Not with an real production, ie half a million.

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Hmm...

I also think that its a good move, because the more XBOXs in households the greater the effect that XBOX Live will have. So basically Microsft is look into their lil' crystal ball and they see their idiea of XBOX expansion imminent.

Untill next time...

Thread Information