Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Xbox "honestly" win this WAR!?

Shocked Will Xbox "honestly" win this WAR!?

I dont think their is a bigger non- Sony supporter than I (being that I never owned a PSOne or PS2) am, but im worried, very worried about our beloved Xbox's possiblities of ever catching the PS2 in this current console war.
    Maybe the next gen wars when it's PS3 vs. Xbox2.
    But Sony is out classing MS in every aspect.
    They just yesterday announced the PS2 will be $199.99 as of now! All their accessories have drops as well as consideration of their current new titles dropping from a MSRP of $49.99 to $39.99!

Yeah, MS will drop their Xbox's price at E3 to match Sony.
    But dont you all feel MS is always 1 step behind Sony?
    This war will continue for another 3-4 years, but this jsut goes to show you it's not about the best system on the streets, it's about the best marketing.
    Yeah, I know, the online is right around da corner along with killer titles like Hunter: The Reckoning, Brute Force, Unreal Championship, ect.
    But it's not enough without a game plan, and MS is not game right now.
    I want Sony to fail at all cost, but sometimes you gotta just suck it up and admit our Xbox is getting pimped slapped.
    I dont know what da hell Billion Dollar Bill is up too, but he better wake up and see the Xbox needs more resources.
    And I didnt even meantion the stress & depression MS is facing in Japan.
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 05-14-2002 at 09:02 AM.

Xbox will always be one step behind PS2... there is no possible way Xbox could pass PS2 now... unless there's a defect in PS2's that cause them to explode, killing the player.
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Of course Xbox will be behind sony, about a year behind. Im suprised that MS almost beat sony to the punch with the price drop on the box in the US. Of course when the PS3 comes out I think I am purposefully going to go to PS fan sites and spam crap like "XBOX has sold sooooo many more systems than the PS3 and has a huge game library while PS3 only has 10 games! PS3 sucks!"

Why do you even care? Even if its second to PS2 in sales, you can't change the fact that its #1 hardware wise. Since MS has an incredible amount of money, I doubt we'll see the system fail. So, if its not going to fail, games are going to continue to get developed for the system.

So, to sum it all up: we have a superiour system but PS2 has a bigger game library and has been going for ~1 year more than xbox.

So.. whats the big deal? Do you want bragging rights for sales? I mean.. I couldn't give a rats ass who's first in this console war as long as I keep on getting my Project Ego's, Brute Force's and then some. But thats just me.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

M$ as a very good chance at staying in the game, M$ has to announce at e3 a large variety of interaction online games from rpgs,frag fests and sports. Introduce game hooks in every future title, a mouse and keyboard with a high-end 17inch flat panel monitor sporting the color of xbox with true vga signal. Then come out for the kill with all the high-powered games on a massive screen with dolby digital sound. This is what should have been done at last e3. This time around, at 199.00 Sony still as to convince players to buy the add-ons just to get online or to utilize the future advancments only found on xbox rigth out of the box.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 05-14-2002 at 09:56 AM.

They might not win the war, but they won the battle at my house.

nobody "wins" this war. players come (ms) and players go (sega, atari), but someone will always be fighting it. to be honest, i believe that nintendo might be in the shakiest position of all. in spite of massive game support, they have built a system that can't keep up and, in my mind, will need to redesign their system on a shorter timetable than either sony or microsoft. added to that, both ms and sony will be redeveloping their systems at the same time. that leaves nintendo with a huge jump to make in performance.

if ms and sony can both grab any of the pre-teen market as they grow their systems, that will erode nintendo's base even further. as the pre-teens become teens, they'll be less inclined to want to play mario, luigi, and the rest of those character's games.

ms has got a lot of money to throw at this, but that is not the thing that will make xbox succeed. it was the thing that got xbox off the ground. the thing that will keep xbox on the market is bill gates' unswerving desire for nothing less that total domination (i.e. windows, internet explorer, etc.).
    Hidden Content
    props (not propellers) to thecovenant for the sig

"Effective immediately, the PS2 will cost $199 in the United States, down from $299, while the first-generation PSX will sell for $49, down from $99. Prices for accessories and extra controllers will also be reduced, Sony said in a statement."

i personally dont think this is good news...this might make the mighty xbox the next dreamcast? maybe? i dont know, just trying to look at this from all angles...i just wish some big gun games would come out RIGHT NOW!!! Halo 2, Toe Jam and Earl 3, morrormind, world series baseball, hunter, bruce lee...if all those games would drop the day the price slash for the ps2 went into effect we might be in ok shape. We need some mighty guns to battle this console war now...

i think we might be screwed bill gates will only take losing money for so long, hell every compnay would only do it for so long no matter how much money they have

Originally posted by Dre
    Why do you even care? Even if its second to PS2 in sales, you can't change the fact that its #1 hardware wise. Since MS has an incredible amount of money, I doubt we'll see the system fail. So, if its not going to fail, games are going to continue to get developed for the system.

So, to sum it all up: we have a superiour system but PS2 has a bigger game library and has been going for ~1 year more than xbox.

So.. whats the big deal? Do you want bragging rights for sales? I mean.. I couldn't give a rats ass who's first in this console war as long as I keep on getting my Project Ego's, Brute Force's and then some. But thats just me.
    With you 100% Dre, nice post.

with out a doubt the xbox WONT sell as much as PS2....and in that respect sony wins, but that doesn't mean much really, as long as xbox is selling enough then developers will develop for it, many as we have already seen because their visions can't be reached on other consoles, xbox and indeed GCN were on the market to late to make that sort of impact, if a WAR is really what u wanna see, then u're gonna have to wait for the next generation.

Originally posted by Dre
    Ninja Scroll Says:
    I care because without the impressive numbers PS2 puts up Xbox will have a hard time getting the stuborn 3rd parties to join them **cough*Square*cough**. And just because MS has da money doesnt mean they will win any battles.[/B][QUOTE]

Dre

So.. whats the big deal? Do you want bragging rights for sales? I mean.. I couldn't give a rats ass who's first in this console war as long as I keep on getting my Project Ego's, Brute Force's and then some. But thats just me. [/B]
    Ninja Scroll Says:
    Actually I do want da bragging rights junior!~
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 05-14-2002 at 11:24 AM.

Originally posted by CoMATOSE
    with out a doubt the xbox WONT sell as much as PS2....and in that respect sony wins, but that doesn't mean much really, as long as xbox is selling enough then developers will develop for it, many as we have already seen because their visions can't be reached on other consoles, xbox and indeed GCN were on the market to late to make that sort of impact, if a WAR is really what u wanna see, then u're gonna have to wait for the next generation.
    How can you say for sure that it won't catch up? I don't know if you remember back in the day when genesis was released with SNES following close to a year after. I remember the same things being said. "yeah, it has a little better graphics, but not near the gaming library!!!". Well in the end it seems that nintendo creamed sega head to head with that system. And thats because nintendo got quality games on their system. If the Xbox starts pumping out must-have games in the same fashion as nintendo did with the SNES, the box will sell, and sell a lot.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

quick question ya'll

who do u think sells more cars?

honda or mercedes?

which car is better?

is either going out of buisness?

which one would u rather have?

consider yourselfs among the privliged.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    quick question ya'll

honda or mercedes?

which car is better?

well said!!
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!,,,,,. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

quick question ya'll

honda or mercedes?

which car is better?

Geez, dude...no offense, DZNUTZ, but, knowing you, you should have used a beer example...hehe..jk

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

(yea i figured cars would come across easier..for the non-drinkers out there ) but here u go max...as a famous commercial used to say "THIS ONES FOR U"

quick question ya'll

which beer do u think sells more, budwieser or guinness?

which beer is better?

is either going out of business? ( i highly doubt budwieser is..and from looking at my gut i can assure ya'll guinness isn't about to )

which one would u rather have? ( say buttwiper and i'll kill your no taste having arse!)

consider yourselfs among the privliged ( that is if u drink the allmighty Guinness of course)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

(yea i figured cars would come across easier..for the non-drinkers out there ) but here u go max...as a famous commercial used to say "THIS ONES FOR U"

quick question ya'll

which beer do u think sells more, budwieser or guinness?

which beer is better?

is either going out of business? ( i highly doubt budwieser is..and from looking at my gut i can assure ya'll guinness isn't about to )

which one would u rather have? ( say buttwiper and i'll kill your no taste having arse!)

consider yourselfs among the privliged ( that is if u drink the allmighty Guinness of course)
    hehe! NICE!!!

Unfortunately its not that easy. That analogy might fly when comparing the box to the ps1... but the ps2 and GC is a different story. Going the car route:

Gamecube would probably be the lamborghini. Everyone knows about lamborghini, they could probably sell a turd for 100 dollars if they put their name on it.

PS2 is a bit tougher. Possibly a ferarri. Still crazy popular, sells more than lamborghini but isn't quite as powerful under the hood.

XBox would be the nice MacLauren. Not a lot of people would recognize it, but it has amazing power and performance if you take the time to play with it.

Either way, I personally like all 3 consoles, though I think PS2 is on its last leg already....

I dunno what this will do to the Xbox. With the price difference it would show how much more stuff there is in an xbox. Like if PS2 came with a broadband adapter and a hard drive it would still hafta be over $200. I think we'll have to wait until E3 when dozens of awesome Xbox exclusive games are shown that people are gonna want to buy.

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    Actually I do want da bragging rights junior!~
    hehehe, Ninja Bragging rights are always good I guess!! And ya, I wouldn't mind Square being on Xbox either.. actually.. I would LOVE for Square to be on Xbox.

But what my point is, and after re-reading my post I find that it isn't all that clear, the Xbox is MS's baby. It will not go down like DC and MS will do everything in their power to make such an investment become profitable to them. They know they need exclusive games that sell consoles. I believe that they have those coming in the near future (year or so). So many titles are coming out that are Xbox exclusive that I drool about... Project Ego, Hunter: The Reckoning, Morrowind (out on pc), Star-Wars: KOTOR, Brute Force, UT, Soul Caliber 2 (not sure if this is exclusive).. I mean.. wow. And I'm sure that once E3 comes along.. there will be quite a few titles to add to my list. As of now, I think I would only have Halo as a console-seller in my game list.

So whats this all mean? Well I think KraftSLU said it best with his SNES and Genesis comparaison. Once the titles start coming out for Xbox we will see a surge in console sales. Rest assured that the life of the xbox is FAR from being in jeopardy.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information