Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Wrestling Entertainment Raw 2 announced for Xbox

Talking World Wrestling Entertainment Raw 2 announced for Xbox

THQ has announced that World Wrestling Entertainment Raw 2 (working title) is in development for the Xbox and that Anchor--the development house that worked on the first game--is the developer for the game. World Wrestling Entertainment Raw 2 will feature 45 wrestlers, including Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the nWo, The Rock, The Undertaker, Rob Van Dam, DDP, and Ric Flair. The game will also have multiple match types ranging from triple threat, fatal four-way, and battle royal, to king of the ring and TLC (tables, ladders, and chairs) matches. During certain matches, players can go to backstage areas where they can continue to fight their opponents.
    A number of improvements have been made over the original game. The gameplay and control scheme have been tweaked, and the create-a-superstar mode has been updated. Also, players will be able to rip music tracks to the Xbox hard drive, which they can use in creating an entrance for a superstar. Raw 2 will also let up to four players compete in a multiplayer season mode.

World Wrestling Entertainment Raw 2 is currently scheduled for release in the first half of 2003. We'll have more on the game as it becomes available.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...865617,00.html

cool.
    i think they figured out where they made their problems in the first one and fix up on it.
    the graphics look nicer... if those are in fact the xbox screeenshots. but they got the faces nicer.

i will probabl pick this one up.

Of course those are Xbox Screenshots, What else would they be?

There Early screens though

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

great thread piccolo...i'm confident that this series will progress and become a classic such as thq's n64 line.

btw...MUSIC RIPPING!!!

well early screenshots arent always accurate... they can be pizelated and overmade.

wait till the later screens come out. I haven't seen the faces this nice on any console yet.

WWE Raw 2 will be a lot better than the first one. Meaning better gameplay and match types.

PLEASE THQ add HITC!!!!!! That's my fav type of match.

BTW: HHH vs Y2J in a HITC this Sunday on PPV all of you wrestling fans.

Back to Raw 2, nWo will be in it, but Hall won't. And one of my favorites RVD is in.

Hope they don't F it up again....definatly not going to pre-purchase this *****! Listen THQ get your acts together! Lets take our time on this one and release a quality game! You mess up this time you will probably see some other developer pick up your slack!.

the rock stoned?
    Last edited by Shaggy; 05-15-2002 at 06:04 PM.

ill just rent this game. i made the mistake of buying raw. they STILL dont have a royal rumble mode? god, when will these people learn? wrestling games are ALL ABOUT royal rumble modes! im not gonna believe anything until i see it. before RAW came out, i think they were saying that u could go backstage, but guess what, U CANT! lol

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

This is pretty cool news for the XBox.

I just had a thought...I think they should add the option of fighting in the audience...maybe even grabbing people and throwing them at your opponent and stuff Yes, I'm in a sick and twisted mood at the moment

So much for fighting in the crowds. Where's the all the match types? Thhe only thing new is TLC. Oh well. They have a whole year.

Thumbs up

It sounds like it should be a much improved game just by reading the very early plans for it. I hope they kinda fix the vreate a guy some, because it was pretty loame on RAW, but it should be pretty cool using my own tunes for entrance music.

I wish it was coming out sooner myself. Sounds like it is possibly a year away still un-fortunately.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Screenshots are awesome!
    Loved the first one, will love the sequal
    Fanboys Suck
    Hidden Content

So much for fighting in the crowds. Where's the all the match types? Thhe only thing new is TLC. Oh well. They have a whole year.

Lets lay down bets.. will they follow through this time? they better.

I used to post here a lot.

Cool!!!! But wasn't most of the stuff in Raw2 suppose to be in RAW in the first place? eg the backstage fighting.
    trojan

I got first raw it's ok nothing special second sounds much better

i am so happy with those screens just look at stacy!this is the way raw should of been from the start!
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Originally posted by tech
    Cool!!!! But wasn't most of the stuff in Raw2 suppose to be in RAW in the first place? eg the backstage fighting.
    Yes. I hope that they have been working on this all along.

blood!!?

Thread Information