Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft talking too much smack

Default Microsoft talking too much smack

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...865558,00.html

Oh man....that article about Microsoft
    cutting the price of XBOX made me laugh.

If you havent read it, go do it now so you know what I'm
    talking about.

Basically, its supposed to be Microsoft talking about
    slashing the price.....but all they do in the article is
    talk smack about Nintendo and Sony!

They had the nerve to call Nintendo "the little guy"!

Actually, they called Nintendo the "little guy", and Sony
    the "middleweight guy"....and referred to themselves as the
    "heavyweight"!!!!

Well, if thats the case, someone should tell the
    heavyweight that they're losing the fight.

I mean, I like Xbox alot...its a great system, but
    stupid statments like that are just retarted.

It seems like they're referring to themselves as being
    superior to NINTENDO and SONY just because they're focusing
    alot on online stuff......probably not the wisest move.

I think Microsoft are gonna find out that focusing on
    online games isnt gonna get them anywhere.

They called Nintendo's online plan..."feeble", but it
    actually may be the best out of all 3.

Then they go on to say something like, "well, Nintendo says
    thier taking online seriously, but this is a joke"...or
    some other rubbish like that.....when in fact....
    NINTENDO HAS ALWAYS SAID ONLINE IS NOT THIER FOCUS!

This is like the 3rd time recently that I've read articles
    with peole from Microsoft where they try to make it sound
    like NINTENDO and Sony are inferior to them.

Yea....that must be why you guys tried to BUY
    NINTENDO...because they are crap.

What will they say next week at E3....when everybody is at
    Nintendo's both being blown away by Metroid:Prime, Mario,
    Zelda, Star Fox, and whatnot?

ANYWAY, I just thought that statement from Microsoft was
    the stupidest thing I've heard since, well, the last
    statment they made.

That's pretty funny.

Seems to me ur the only stupid one here... They were talking about their online status. Nintendo is leaving it up to the developers = Lightweight. Sony just getting started = Middleweight. Xbox just about to launch = Heavyweight. Its just an analagy.

ohh may i be the first!!!

http://users.pandora.be/p0p0/youare.swf
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!,,,,,. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hidden Content

It's a good competition im in a bad mood right now so if i say somthing fresh sorry.lol. which im not though.And remember to understand what you read it helps out alot.;p

Your mamma talks too much smack.
    Last edited by shpankey; 05-15-2002 at 05:51 PM.
    26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matthew 16:26 NIV

Your mamma talks too much smack
    lol good one

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Originally posted by shpankey
    Your mamma talks too much smack.
    heheh
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Originally posted by Fixxer
    Seems to me ur the only stupid one here... They were talking about their online status. Nintendo is leaving it up to the developers = Lightweight. Sony just getting started = Middleweight. Xbox just about to launch = Heavyweight. Its just an analagy.
    Ummmmm no you = teh st00pid n00b

They are talking about VALUE not online plans. They say how xbox is much more of a value than GC or PS2, then start ranting about how crappy the competition's online plan is.

Xbox sheep, loyal to the end.

Sony did the same stuff with the PSO when it was the little guy and now Sony is slipping a little bit and MS plans on taking advantage of their weaknesses just as Sony did with Nintendo. BTW I bet you are one of those guys that use to hate the Xbox and now you like it? Am I right?
    I don't have a signature yet.

You've got a lightweight, a middleweight, and a heavyweight in the ring right now--with the little guy being Nintendo. Their online announcement could not have been more feeble. It's a cop-out to just announce a component and a game. If you're taking online seriously, you need to enter with a little more force than that

I think Sony is obviously the middleweight. They've got more power than the little guy. They've announced some games (for online) but don't seem to have a clear direction yet

Value yes, but seems to me they are talking about online alot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox sheep, loyal to the end
    Your the biggest sheep here. I'm not taking time outta my day to go post **** on other consoles boards, your dedication is commendable
    Last edited by Fixxer; 05-15-2002 at 06:04 PM.

I can never understand why people who hate a system have so much time to go and post on forums related to that system. Makes no sense at all.

Originally posted by Devil May Cry

Ummmmm no you = teh st00pid n00b

They are talking about VALUE not online plans. They say how xbox is much more of a value than GC or PS2, then start ranting about how crappy the competition's online plan is.

Xbox sheep, loyal to the end.
    DevilMayCry, I think Microsoft is right on with their comments. The reason I say that is because Nintendo seems determined to keep gaming in the dark ages(ie , no online play). Yes, they have bowed a bit to the fact that gamers, as a result of experiencing it with Dreamcast, want online gaming, but everyone knows that if they had their way, we'd NEVER have it. Sony, your personal fave, has made , IMO, possibly the worst mistake possible by making their adaptor an addon. To me, this shows greed on the part of Sony. Microsoft knew that addons don't usually sell well, so they created their console with an adaptor standard. Peace.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I completely agree with the article. It's not ignorant, it's the bold face truth.

Microsoft was, indeed, referring to the on-line plans. Read the context, Devil May Cry. Read left to right, that always helps

Microsoft had their on-line plan ready even before they put in the first screw in the XBox console. They have put together a very thorough plan delivering what will be true to what "next generation" gaming is all about. On-line is the future, and Microsoft saw that from inception.

Basically, Sony and Nintendo are following in XBox's footsteps. Nintendo is definately the light weight in that they are not going to put a lot of concentration with on-line gaming...I truly believe it will be to it's dispair. Metroid Prime? Bah! You can't compare that to Halo.

Sony is defianetely the middleweight. They have much stronger plans for on-line gaming in comparison to Nintendo. But, it still falls far short of what Microsoft is doing. The fact that Sony has mentioned *some* games put them in a stronger status compared to Nintendo which hasn't even hinted towards some games.

One thing is for sure, Microsoft knows networking. It's going to be jaw dropping and probably take console gaming to the next level leaving Sony and, especially Nintendo, in perverbial dust.

I'm sorry, Devil May Cry, but, I had to laugh my ass off when you stated the list of Nintendo games that Microsoft will allegedly have to worry about...lol....

I doubt that Zelda, who appears to be in Pampers in this new version, will even come remotely close to Unreal Championship and a 32 man deathmatch!!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!

too much arrogance is never a good thing. Online does not guarantee success.....especially not in this volatile market.
    Its all about the games.

Originally posted by Innotech
    too much arrogance is never a good thing. Online does not guarantee success.....especially not in this volatile market.
    It doesn't matter what you think, because I am way better than you are. And your mom. and your dog. Don't talk to me, you will detract from my awesomeness.

All the game companies at one time or another have talked smack about each other. So what's the big deal exactly?

Sleeping Talk 5hit Is All Good 2 Me

Yeah everyone talks smack, so I don’t really give a 5hit about that, it’s part of the fun.
    Anyway concerning the guy being quoted, and in no way I’m referring to X-Box, so keep that in mind. He does sound like an arrogant little 81+(#, and he’s first sentence is total bull5hit.

“We want to make the Xbox more accessible to more people," Hufford said. "That's why we're dropping the price. $199 is the sweet spot for a lot of gamers. It's about making it more accessible to more people”

Give me a ****1n break. You droped the price of the X-Box to compete JACK not to be a nice @55 to the gamers. Honestly do you guys think Microsoft would have droped the price of the X-Box if they didn’t think Sony was Dropping the price of PlayStation2, HELL NO (if you think so go ahead and smack yourself). But it’s typical Company Rep talk, I honestly don’t expect him to say “we did it cause we knew Sony was Dropping PlayStation2’s price to 200 smackers, and know if we didn’t we will be in deep 5hit”. Haha more accessible my @55…

Reading the stuff this guy said, he does sound like he’s full of himself. But to all who has a problem with his statement, get over it. All this big companies like to talk smack non of them are saints. They will say anything that will sound like music to our ears and make them look good, “That's why we're dropping the price. $199 is the sweet spot for a lot of gamers. It's about making it more accessible to more people”. Just be a little cynical, don’t believe all the crap they feed you.

Hidden Content
    :o Wherever Whenever FOREVER-Bakero

It's standard business practice to present the facts in your own favor.

The only reason Sony and Nintendo have ANY online plans is because MS has that magical little Ethernet port. Console gamers worldwide, regardless of their platform, should praise the XBOX for driving the industry forward.

Errm wasent it sony who in a rush dropped there prices after finding out MS had been planning a drop for weeks?

Seems its sony who **** themselves here not MS.

And he is right the online options from sony and nintendo are pretty much a joke.

Thread Information