Thread: Instant plus with the price drop...

Default Instant plus with the price drop...

Well out of my group of 7 gamers that i play with, there were 3 PS2 followers sticking to there guns.

Needless to say i got messages on my machine this evening informing me of there new XBOX purchase.

I'll say it agian yall'

COME THE HOLLIDAYS THIS SYSTEM IS GOING TO BE A MUST HAVE

I can't wait for xbox live just to cap it all off.

VIVA LA BOX!!

xbAWOL

now that there is a price drop, im telling everyone with ps2 or gamecube to get an xbox!! i told like everyone at school.....just doing my part for the best system in the world!!!!!

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

We must preach more!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

ms rules, how long did it take for ps2 to price drop??? lol and MS drops their xbox after how long?? lmfao this is grrrreat

xbox is the owner of video games

so i went to cd warehouse tonight to get no doubt rock steady used (they didn't have it) and i asked the dude if they had xbox games. and he was like "DID YOU HEAR WHAT THEY DID?!!?!?!?!" all hyper like. and i said "yeah, you mean the price drop to 199?" and he said yeah. so i was like oh hell yeah, thats killer. and he was like... oh... is it better than the ps2 ??? (i guess he had a ps2 and seemed interrested in a xbox since the price drop) and i said oh man, its not even close! it blows it away dude. and we shot the sheit for a few and he was saying how everyone thinks the gamecube sucks and blah blah bla (heh). so then i go into EB to try and see if i could get dungeon seige used (didn't have it used ) but while i was looking there were about 3 different people that came in and were asking about the xbox and the new controller etc.. sounds like they were all gonna buy one to. i couldn't find a used copy of dungeon seige so i went to best buy (broke down and bought both rock steady and dungeon seige new) and they had a ps2 and a xbox sitting next to each other on a table and some kind of rebate from msn with purchase of one of the to systems !!?? but anyways the xbox was 79.99 after $200.00 rebate with remote, and ps2 was 89.99 with remote after rebate. weird sheit! and umm yep xbox was 10.00 cheaper.

the end.
    Last edited by OEM Alien; 05-15-2002 at 09:50 PM.
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein = THE BEST GAME EVER!

Hidden Content

Took sony 18 months for a PS2 price cut...
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

I was in Wal MArt the exact moment they were marking down the consoles. They were also marking down Nintendo controllers I think....
    Its all about the games.

Lol, thats a funny news story

(puts on his news reporter hat)

This just in! Microsoft and Sony have drastically slashed the prices on their next-gen video game consoles! Not to be left in the dust, Nintendo sprang into action moments later by cutting the costs on their... controllers...

(takes off hat)

Originally posted by sinizuh
    Took sony 18 months for a PS2 price cut...
    MS cut the price because they HAD to, not because they wanted to. Sony had the same motivations. The timing was not a coincidence.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Personally, I believe that Sony cut the price of the PS2 because they feel threatened by the XBox.

Of course they felt threatened. Xbox is PS2's main competitor (at least in the US). Especially with the add-ons coming out they couldn't afford to be charging $100 more per console.

Kind of wish I had waited, but I think the extra time playing cancels out the $100 I would have saved.

Originally posted by Maximus
    Personally, I believe that Sony cut the price of the PS2 because they feel threatened by the XBox.
    Of course they felt threatened. The only arguement they had against the xbox is they have a bigger game library, and that is trivial considering the quality of a lot of the games. That, and the xbox price drop was immanent to begin with. So why not drop the price and try to milk a little extra out of the cosole sales before the xbox takes over completely?

ms is doing all the right things so far, now let's just hope online play is as good as we hope it to be and CHEAP!

I know this reaks of FanBoyism, but i gotta go with Max, Sony jumped the gun to keep the perception of MS "Having" to cut there price.

I do beleive that Sony is threatened by Xbox, and they should.

MS did the right thing, your competitor is selling for $300, you put out a better system for the same price.
    Your competitor drops, to force the "value" issue, MS follows suite.

What does Sony do now?? Who's really winning the battle here, think about it.

I'm glad MS hasn't said too much about XBOX live, Sony says it's launching soon, but according to some PS2 owners, it doesn't really sound that appealing, as opposed to braoudband, Hard Drive, and the right games right out of the gate.

Let's face it, if your a PS2 fan you interpret this in a different way, only time and software will tell.

as stated in the interview you linked to in a different thread, highlite, ms announced their price drop a few weeks ago, at which time sony said they had no need and no intention of following suit.

of course, sony would not have stated at that point that they were going to do the same...it would have seemed reactionary. by waiting a couple of weeks, they were counting on the average joe forgetting that they had said they would not drop their price...and they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those darn kids! doodily do...doodily do...doodily do...
    Hidden Content
    props (not propellers) to thecovenant for the sig

i still cant beleive the price drop
    ps2 price drop: 18 months after launch
    xbox price drop: like 6 months after launch!

and m$ was already loosing 100 on every system...
    hehe
    hoora!

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Thread Information