Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Hunter: The Reckoning Thread

Arrow Official Hunter: The Reckoning Thread

Post up all of your thoughts/reviews on one of the latest XBox titles, Hunter: The Reckoning, here.

But don't forget to add your own review to the site. It could help you win big

Can't wait to see this title!

I just wish it would come out already. Getting tired of waiting for it.
    "Like, he once got our dead battery goin by mixin' bird uh feces with uh spit, cause there's like acids in it, eh." -Bob McKenzie

RadRider

Personally, it looks like a Gauntlet-style hack and slash with purdy graphics. I'll have to wait for the final version before I pass final judgement on the game, but so far it looks shallow, like it'll get boring fast and have low replayability, and the controls seem sloppy. Not to mention lots of clipping I've seen in the videos. *secures himself under a plastic bubble for the oncoming thrashing from Hunter fans*

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Do you know what IGN did??

IGN gave Hunter The Reckoning an 8.7 out of 10! I htink it deserves more... I will post the review here after a few days becaus its locked right now!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

RadRider

That sounds a little high. If they rated the game that high, maybe I'll give it a try. Although, they are pretty partial to Sega games, giving some of the worst games I've ever played scores in the high 8's, sometimes 9's even. And yes, I know Hunter isn't made by Sega.

dang! u think 8.7 is high for hunter u gotta be kidding me or u dhave no taste what so ever.they should have given it a 9.9.

How the hell are they reviewing the game when it hasn't even been released? It is released on the 23rd of May, I think. Did they get advance copies???

Originally posted by Marc
    How the hell are they reviewing the game when it hasn't even been released? It is released on the 23rd of May, I think. Did they get advance copies???
    Yep..reviewers get to paly it first!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

RadRider

Before they send games off to get printed, they probably burn a few dev versions of the game and send it to all the critics with XDK's who can play it.
    And man PROUDXBOXOWNER, what the hell? I think it looks like a crappy game, therefore I think 8.7 is a high score. Regardless, 8.7 is a high score, be it a good game or a bad game. Just because you personally think that Hunter is the best game ever made, hands down, doesn't mean that it really is. Reviewers rate games based on their overall design, how well they accomplish what they set out to do, how well they compare against other games, and their appeal to different audiences. They don't just rate a game based on it's "that seems cool" factor.

They also rate it on how good the game is, includin its platform! For example if Halo came on the PS2 then it would be using 100% of the PS2's power, but if it was on the Xbox it would have a lower rating beacuse its not using the Xbox's potential!

I dont know, IGN rates pretty tuff. And also, 8.7 if you look at it isnt really that far away from a perfect score. 8.7 isnt bad, its really good. So dont let that get to you. I think the game is great and everything and im with you and shyt. But still 8.7 isnt that bad.

Its not a good score if yo consider that they gave Bloodwake an 8.4 !!

faceoff, u have an insider account? whats your username and password? lol, can u have 2 people logged onto the same account at the same time?

they gave morrowind(pc version) a 9.4

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    faceoff, u have an insider account? whats your username and password? lol, can u have 2 people logged onto the same account at the same time?
    I dont have an insider acount! I just know because it has it on the front page! When its unlocked I will post it here!

I trust IGN reviews to help decide if I should get a particular game or not. They are usually that dang accurate! ya wUrd!!

Wait a minute. I thought reckoning comes out on the 21. How do we know what it really deserves. However from what i've seen it looks pretty sick. I hope it gets as high as it deserves.
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

xbAWOL

8.7 is good for me! im getting it, it looks sweet!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I am just can hold me now. How long i need to wait for this explosive title for my next-gen console ? I know that it will be out the next week, but in many sites, there are no publishs, no ads or something related to this title. I am confused. And also Future Shop did'nt show any sign of it.
    Back into the world of gaming.

what is the release date

Thread Information