Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your best Halo tactics.

Post Post your best Halo tactics.

Well, how do you handle certain situations in Halo, flanking/maneuvers and whatnot. As most of you know, Halo is more then just a FPS game, fast reflexes isnt enough, you have to be very cunning at times if you dont want you and your Marines to get fragged to hell.
    Ask me about alpacca herding!

RadRider

Hide behind rocks, use the handgun, and snipe your guts out! Oh, pack lots of grenades too.

...But post them in my thread. JJ I think we can always use more than one thread about Halo tactics--it's such a broad topic!
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

In mutliplayer battle, when ever I'm against a friend. I always take all the vehicles and make a base out of them. Ha ha ha. It's cheap, but I always win!!

Exclamation Halo Strategy

If there are a lot of aliens in a confined area, I usually keep my distance and throw fragment grenades right in the middle of them all.

From far distances I love to use the sniper. I am a crack shot sniper rifle (I'm good at hitting moving targets).

For close range combat I like using the assault rifle, the pistol, shotgon, and of course the plasma grenades (oh no! not again).

When I'm driving any vehicle, I like to try and run over as many covenant bastards as I can.

Those are just some the basic methods I use in Halo...

-The X-Factor Smack
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Well, my only advice to all of you is to stay alive and kill for the longest amount of time you're capable of.
    Hidden Content

Currently Playing: MechAssault on XBL.

Originally posted by Dilr0y
    Well, my only advice to all of you is to stay alive and kill for the longest amount of time you're capable of.
    Sound advice, but is it easier said than done?
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    In mutliplayer battle, when ever I'm against a friend. I always take all the vehicles and make a base out of them. Ha ha ha. It's cheap, but I always win!!
    That isn't a good strategy for multi-player. If you did that against me, I would just throw grenades over in your area (everyone would know right where you were).

Or I'd just stay away from your "easy to spot" base, and snipe your ass- or send a couple of rockets your way...

-The X-Factor Attack
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Same here!

my favorite ctf tactic is to get a shotgun and the camo and stand at the opposing team's base while they're running along w/my team's flag...then blasting stiffy when he's merely steps away from scoring.

my least favorite tactic is when stiffy does that to me!
    Hidden Content
    props (not propellers) to thecovenant for the sig

10k.

I like driving in a vehicle, (most of the time a ghost) with a sniper, then when I see somone, get out, hide, and kill them. Unless they see me, then I run. Cowardly yes, but I'm not too good in HALO.

ahhhh....there are few things that please me more in Halo than when I have lots of sniper rounds (or other snipers) and we can just pick em off while they respawn.

I also hate when that is done to me
    a proud member of
    Hidden Content
    The Circle of Twelve (12)

A cool tactic a friend and I use to get thru the regular missions in multi when set to a hard level:

when one of you is out of ammo, both fall back to a 'safe' zone and have the guy with ammo kill you off with a couple shots to the head with the butt of a gun. you'll respawn with ammo again. You can also do this if the other guy dies and you're almost dead so that he'll respawn and you won't lose your progress.
    Your suffering will be legendary even in hell

in capture the flag... if you are the blue team... grab a sniper rifle and keep ur pistol (also pick up the frag grenades if you dont play infinite grenades like me)... go through the portal, grab the invisibility, go to the left and go straight up to the big rock on the hill behind the enemy base (you can almost get all the way there on a camo without being spotted). wait till u guys form an attack. Throw a frag in the building to clear out a few defenders and snipe out the rest of the defenders. you can also see your base from this point so you can snipe people attacking you or taking their flag back. This has proved a great strategy in halo so far. I have been able to take out almost all of the defense completely by myself before.

bust a nut

Originally posted by The Reverend
    ahhhh....there are few things that please me more in Halo than when I have lots of sniper rounds (or other snipers) and we can just pick em off while they respawn.

I also hate when that is done to me

how do u know where someone will respawn?? do u know a pattern or something??

Default Non's Tips Of The Day

Tip 1: I have noticed alot of people use the Assualt Rifle as if they have unlimited ammo ex: Holding down the trigger (sprey and pray) until your targets are dead or until they run out of ammo. Whenever I use the the Assualt Rifle, I shoot it in burts's of full auto instead of just keeping the trigger down, this does 2 things: 1 save's lots of ammo, and gives you the oppertunity to aim, because most of the time the aliens wont stand still, they will try to evade you while your shooting at them: 2 with a bit of practice, this will teach you to be a crack shot, instead of sprey and pray all the time. You will notice that it also makes you look real proffesional like around your friends (who cares..) Hold down the trigger for about 1-2 full seconds and then release and compensate for your enemies position and then fire again, thats how they teach you to shoot a weapon in the military, it works great in Halo too.

Tactics: Buddy Buddy, thats whats I's calls it's.
    Buddy Buddy is a tactic for co-op. To do this, you will need to have one guy lead while the other stays about 30-50 feet away, what you are doing is basically playing leap frog, each of you take turns moving to a bunker/tree/rock/whatever in a leap frog like fashion. This works best when you have to flee from a fight, but it can be used as a offensive manuever. This can also open up some great flanking oppertunities.

Thats it for Non's Tips of the day, come back tomarrow for some more.
    Ask me about alpacca herding!

i tried something I heard about online last night. Its where you go up to that tower in blood gulch, you know where you have to use the ghost. Well if you do that trick where you go off the map, and go straight up, then you turn to the left, and jump out, you will be held OTM by the ghost, and you have the best sniping spot in the game... cheap but its the best. BTW I will never use this online or anything just when I have friends over and Im trying to impress them

your friends must suck suck at Halo . . . i would kill u instatlly if u tried that agaisnt me. . . come play with me at XBConnect some time and be mind-full yound padawan . . .

sorry i cant post any of my secrets here or they wouldn't be secret anymore. . . . besides when i go online to play . . . . i put in all the cheat codes . . .
    right - silver and NightCapper . . . .LoL
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Default Re: Non's Tips Of The Day

Originally posted by NonFanboy
    Tactics: Buddy Buddy, thats whats I's calls it's.
    Buddy Buddy is a tactic for co-op. To do this, you will need to have one guy lead while the other stays about 30-50 feet away, what you are doing is basically playing leap frog, each of you take turns moving to a bunker/tree/rock/whatever in a leap frog like fashion. This works best when you have to flee from a fight, but it can be used as a offensive manuever. This can also open up some great flanking oppertunities.

Thats it for Non's Tips of the day, come back tomarrow for some more.
    thats kinda lame me and my boy played it on Legendary and we play a leapfrom kinda game but we would stay closer and cover each other like i woul move to a tree look around and then he would move up the the next tree/rock/whatever and so on like u see in tactical army movies . . . we would only run away to get the other guy respawed if he died . . . didnt really take the suicide bomber aproach
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

when my friend and I went through on co-op, if one of us got really hurt in the battle the other one would melee him n the back after its over then he comes back with full health. and yes it's very cheap but easier to win

Thread Information