Thread: My first OXM!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Talking My first OXM!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, dudes! I finally broke down late last April, thanks to our amazing member of XBA: DZNUTZ (the man is so damn underrated ) and subscribed to the Official XBox Magazine!

I received the one with the DOA3 booster disc, Halo Demo, Dave Mirra 2 demo, JSRF demo, etc....

I can't believe how amazing these demo discs are! I mean, whoever complains about these things have to be crazy or they have their diaper pulled up in a wedgey or something...When I was growing up, I never have seen anything as cool as this for a gaming system! Not only that, but, the actual magazine is some really good reading...I'm so damn pumped up for Brute Force, even more than ever, if that were possible!!

Well, I finally got to see what I was missing...and, if anyone doesn't have a subscription, I strongly recommend it.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

I got my first one last week! And it was very good, I love it in every way! And I have no problem with the demo disc!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

Default Re: My first OXM!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Maximus

I received the one with the DOA3 booster disc, Halo Demo, Dave Mirra 2 demo, JSRF demo, etc....

I can't believe how amazing these demo discs are!
    good to hear u like oxm, but i have a complaint about the demo discs......i have em all and thats the second demo of dave mirra and they are both of the same crappy level, and they included a halo demo, like anyone with an xbox doesn't have halo........

i just think they could get better games for the demos, the mag is top notch, always a good read while "droppin the kids off at the pool"
    gone but not forgotten.....

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Re: Re: My first OXM!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by silvertrace

good to hear u like oxm, but i have a complaint about the demo discs......i have em all and thats the second demo of dave mirra and they are both of the same crappy level, and they included a halo demo, like anyone with an xbox doesn't have halo........

i just think they could get better games for the demos, the mag is top notch, always a good read while "droppin the kids off at the pool"
    For Halo they added a new speacil ending! So thats new.. I think!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Ok damn it I am going to subscribe now! I end up buying the mag at full price anyways......

anyone got hunter yet...I hope mine is in the mailbox when I get home!

......plus it makes some great bathroom reading!

Originally posted by bryanhls
    Ok damn it I am going to subscribe now! I end up buying the mag at full price anyways......

anyone got hunter yet...I hope mine is in the mailbox when I get home!
    Dude, it's only $29.99 or something...that's pretty damn cheap...definately worth it.

I have one of those NAKI USA carry cases that I won from this bad ass website and the demo discs, with the cases, fit perfectly in the slots!

I'am waitin for my fourth issue. The only thing that sucks is the demo's have the same games on them. And a'lot of the games are crappy. But it was definately worth my 24.95 I can't complain. Late

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

good to hear ya got your first issue max. ( thats a good issue and i'd be glad my sub started with that one and not the next)..also thanx for the kind words.

as for those who whine about the demo disc...i personally in my 18plus of gaming haven't seen better..so either go into biz and make ones that embarass OXM's or stop your whining!

and someone in another commented that ...their mostly games that are already out...DUHHH if they weren't they'd be called video prieviews!! which oxm does have...did ya check out the outlaw golf preview max

i personally like playing some of these less then appealing games via demos, its gives me a chance to play titles i usually wouldn't because of my unwillingness to buy or rent them.

once again congrats on the first issue MAX

I have all the OXM's, but have only recently subscribed. I too, am very happy with OXM.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    did ya check out the outlaw golf preview max

Dude! Yes! I can't wait to get Outlaw Golf! Wooo Hooo! That game looks like it's going to rock! I cracked up when I saw the dude's name "Ice Trey" hehe

This game looks beautiful on my HDTV...it's going to be a must have...and, just like you, DZNUTZ, I've been watching Outlaw Golf from inception..can't wait!

Originally posted by Maximus

Dude! Yes! I can't wait to get Outlaw Golf! Wooo Hooo! That game looks like it's going to rock! I cracked up when I saw the dude's name "Ice Trey" hehe

This game looks beautiful on my HDTV...it's going to be a must have...and, just like you, DZNUTZ, I've been watching Outlaw Golf from inception..can't wait!

I am looking forward to outlaw golf also! I think Outlaw Golf will fill the voide in my gaming library! LoL

i loved the demo discs and one point. as time went on, i sort of grew away from the demos, mostly because they dont tell me the controls, and with the halo demo, i use different controls than the default (my friends complain cause they can't use my controls) but if i had to give the OXM discs an overall raiting (1-10)

I would give their discs a 8.9. Mostly because of the games they actually choose to put on the disc.

(PS. this is my opinion )

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

xbAWOL

congrats max, i cant with for the july one

I got my July OXM today!!

im glad you finally broke down an subscibed to oxm ,max !its a great magazine
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

I agree...I have several local buddies that have XBoxes and they don't subscribe and I'm sure they'll be pumped to check these out, too.

As I mentioned before, it's awesome that my NAKI USA carrying case that I won from XBA actually holds the demo discs, while in the cases, inside the case! Perfect!!

Thread Information