Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GTA sony exclusive for 3 years

Default GTA sony exclusive for 3 years

Rockstar to Xbox: "No GTA for You!"
    GTA license exclusive to Sony for three years.

May 21, 2002 - Grand Theft Auto 3 and all future titles in the GTA franchise will be exclusive to PlayStation 2 until October 2004, SCEA announced today at its E3 press conference. The hugely popular "thug simulator," developed by DMA Design for Rockstar Games, was the best-selling game title across all platforms last year, and earned IGN's PS2 Game of the Year award amid dozens of other accolades. This announcement means it's curtains for the planned Xbox version of GTA3, which was to be released later this year.
    "Given the worldwide acceptance of PlayStation 2, it's natural for Take-Two to partner with Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in its respective markets," said Kelly Sumner, CEO of Take-Two Interactive (Rockstar's parent company). "We want our best-selling franchise to reach the greatest number of consumers. The penetration of PlayStation 2 globally, combined with the pervasive nature and power of the PlayStation brand, will help us achieve this objective. The fact that the PlayStation 2 will be the only home entertainment system on which one can enjoy Grand Theft Auto titles is a great statement for the platform overall."

Check back later this week for more news on the future projects coming from Rockstar Studios (as DMA is now named).

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

No problem with me here...out with the old, in with the new

Same here.. I really wanted this game initially, but I got so sick of hearing about it time and time again that now I don't really care anymore. A buddy has a PS2, I'll play that game there..
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

too bad.. but I think all the hype is over! The PS2 fanboys can just take there little GTA 3 and fuk it! We still have Medal Gear Solid Substances!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

rockstar blows goats,im gonna pass on any products they release for the xbox,i dont think one xbox owner should pick up state of emergency
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

What about GTA3 for the PC then ?

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

The only bad thing about this.. is that we might lose some fans of the Xbox! They will probbably go buy a PS2 because it has GTA3!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

This news is kinda sucky. Oh well at least i can play gta3 when it comes out for pc which will be good enough for me and besides mindless killing in games gets boring after awhile. Who needs GTA anyway we got lots of good games coming out such as project ego, counter-strike and star wars galaxies.

Originally posted by Shoua
    This news is kinda sucky. Oh well at least i can play gta3 when it comes out for pc which will be good enough for me and besides mindless killing in games gets boring after awhile. Who needs GTA anyway we got lots of good games coming out such as project ego, counter-strike and star wars galaxies.
    Exactly, dude! I watched the entire E3 video that is in one of the threads in the general forum on this site and literally every new game, whether it's on-line or not, all blow the crap out of GTA3!!

I mean, how could anyone, after watching that E3 video, even remotely compare GTA3 with games like Brute Force, Steel Battalion, Unreal Championship, and the next Halo?!

Well from what I heard:

Wreckless 2 will be just like the GTA series.

I really don't even care about GTA anymore. Only liked it for about a month, then after all this GTA crap was going around, I got sick and tired of it.

But oh well!

We have Ninja Gaiden, DOA Volleyball, Counter-Strike, Shenmue II, etc.
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired
    and i'd die again for you

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

I wanted a Gta game they are fun, but I can always play it on pc. Nothing will compare to Counter-strike. The number one online game.

i guess im gettin it for my pc now

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

k....yea it sux....gta would have rocked on the xbox..and we have many other eXcellent games that will more then satisfy our gaming urges...but lets not be lil kids and say oh well..it sux...
    serisouly gta3 is one of the BEST games ever devolped. point blank....and as i said yea it sux its a sony exclusive....but MS has its own big hitters as well...same as GC....imo its kinda good that way....exclusives make for ruff competion....tough competion results in never ending, mind blowing new technology and games.

maybe i'm biased cuz i own all three...but i've accepted the fact that their will probably always be a game exclusive to 1 system that is a killer game....i just broke down(along with my pockets) and got all of em.

now don't get me wrong now....if it was a multiplatform game that was a must have....u know dizamn well that baby is gonna be bought for my supieor xbox and not the other 2.

Default Re: GTA sony exclusive for 3 years

Originally posted by ftyards
    "We want our best-selling franchise to reach the greatest number of consumers.
    riiight, and to achieve that goal would be to release the game on multiple systems. if gta3 were released on the xbox, practically everyone would buy it. god theyre stupid. if they want the game to reace the greatest number of consumers, wouldnt it be smart to release it on the xbox? god, it just amazes me how stupid they are

Originally posted by gula
    Well from what I heard:

Wreckless 2 will be just like the GTA series.

I really don't even care about GTA anymore. Only liked it for about a month, then after all this GTA crap was going around, I got sick and tired of it.

But oh well!

We have Ninja Gaiden, DOA Volleyball, Counter-Strike, Shenmue II, etc.
    There new game will not be called Wreckless 2!!

my friend is gonna make my life a living hell now, lol. hes a ps2 fanboy, although he doesnt even own one. he says that the xbox has no good games. lol, when he hears about this, ill just die, lol, that would be the easy way out. ha. hes so retarted, he thinks that fusion frenzy is the best game on the xbox, lol. but when he sees xbox live, and all of the cool games comin out, then i can make fun of him, i hope he gets a ps2 and theres like no good games for it

If you ask me, wouldn't it be good just to purchase it for your PC?

As for XBox, there are so many BETTER games than this...Like I said before, out with the old, in with the new.

I played GTA3 on the PoS2 and I wasn't all that impressed. Yes, it's fun and has good gameplay, but, the graphics are so horrible for it. The PC version seemed to have dramatically improved that shortcoming.

Personally, I can't wait for Brute Force, Unreal Championship, Outlaw Golf, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Project Ego, the next Halo, Ninja Gaiden, and several other games that I saw on the E3 video from XBox.com...nothing got me more excited than that 55 minute video did...GTA3 never came close

Default This is a sad sad day.

Everyone is saying that it doesn't matter it is an old game and there is better. But this is really a low blow to the Xbox community. And a poor buisness decision on the part of Rockstar games. If your smart you release your game to every platform to hit EVERY gamer, not just one console. Hell GTA3 should have even been on Gamecube. And what about GTA4? Are they that blind that they can't see the Xbox kicking the PS2s ASS!! come that time?

Time will tell I guess

yea, i cant wait for online play. the ps2 owners will be crappin their pants when theyre trying to play with 56kers, lol, while the xbox owners will be enjoying 100% broadband NO LAG servers! woot woot!

if you want gore check out hunter trailer http://www.xbox.com/hunterthereckoning/default.htm

Thread Information