Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Separate fee for each game? WTF

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

Default Separate fee for each game? WTF

is it true that we will have to pay a seperate fee for each game that we play on Xbox Live?

if that that is WHACK FOO!

No man, Not like Sony or Nintendo

In XB LIVE, u can play any games that supports it without paying extra fee

But in Sony's Network and Nintendo's, U gotta pay seperatly.
    Fanboys Suck
    Hidden Content

$50 for the first year then $9-10 monthly well a least for the USA, here in the Uk no details have been released but u can expect near enough the same

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

wheew....i must have read it wrong in that arogant thread....was about to say, DAAAAAMN GINA!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

developers reserve the right to charge extra for their particular game....i'm guessing this won't be common at all...and when their is a charge for certain games..it will most likey apply to massive onlin rpgs (considering that people will play them for 8 hours at a time or more)

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    developers reserve the right to charge extra for their particular game....i'm guessing this won't be common at all...and when their is a charge for certain games..it will most likey apply to massive onlin rpgs (considering that people will play them for 8 hours at a time or more)
    any developer to do that is tight.........that'll be EA then

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    Actually I don't think that is true at all, at least not for the Xbox. Microsoft's whole big speil on this has been that you pay one fee and play ALL of the games. All of the games that do support Xbox live are required to support the communicator and all of the matchmaking services as well or they can not carry the Xbox Live logo nor be allowed on the network.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I like the first year deal, but i dont wanna pay $120 for each other year! Its such a big difference!

Xbox Communicator + 12 Months of subscription of XboxLive (no extra charges) + a FREE game (Re-Volt) = us$49.95

I dont know about the upgrade (next 12 months)

Edit: Hotshot, I WILL NOT be $120!!!! May be like 25 Dollers per additional year. I really have no idea but seeing the first year deal, i guessed it
    Last edited by tamim; 05-22-2002 at 05:23 PM.
    Fanboys Suck
    Hidden Content

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

hey lynfx...i'm almost positive that developers are allowed to charge extra at their discretion...as i said...i think this will be extremely uncommon cuz it will hinder sales performance.

also i'm willing to bet that xboxlive will be MORE , deffintaley not less, and probably not the same..for its second year compared to first.

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

i didnt know that we had to pay....

Developers are not allowed to charge anything to play that was the point of the whole xboxlive concept one network one fee I have read everything I could find about the concept and didn't see anything to the contrary. but hey I've been wrong before.
    God was my co-pilot but but we crashed in the mountains and I was forced to eat him.

THE DEVILS BRIGADE
    "infensus incursus"
    www.devilsbrigadepage.tk

Yeah I'm 99.9% positive that developers can not charge to play on Xbox Live. Maybe they can up the price of the their games but no recurring fee. Like mercsix was saying, that isn't the point of Xbox Live. Heck they have no right to charge anyway since it is Microsoft that is supplying the networks and billing, user ID's and every single part of the Xbox Live experience except the games. (minus their inhouse games of course).

Just watch the E3 video that was posted yesterday. The 55 minute one. They lay it out nice and clear there. Tomorrow I believe is dedicated to Xbox Live so we should definately hear if this is true or not but I honestly don't believe it is.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

the good thing about xbox live, is that theres only ONE server, and its microsoft, and u can bet is gonna be REALLY fast. its not like the ps2 or gc's online plan, where each company has their own server (i think), so some might be fast, and some might be slow. but with xbox, its always fast

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I think that is an amazing deal!! $50 for the XBox Communicator and for 12 months of XBox Live subscription? That will make even the most skeptical PC gamers that are normally used to playing for free all nice and giddy inside! To me, the XBox Communicator alone justifies $50, let alone a 12 month subscription included!!

Man, this is going to be the most impressive network in the world! It's going to cost Microsoft over $1 BILLION to create this thing and, arguably, Microsoft will be as large as the 3rd largest Telecom company in the world! That is just crazy!! All for their vision for XBox...this is going to be HUGE!!!!!

looks like microsoft is really determined to see the xbox succeed. they want the xbox to do good, and they will stop at nothing to do just that. they have sooo much money

err....Maximus, U forgot the free game Re-volt
    Fanboys Suck
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by tamim
    err....Maximus, U forgot the free game Re-volt
    Dude...you know, I actually heard about that...but, I never heard that from a source from Microsoft. That would be bad ass...where did you get your info? Just curious

xbox.ign.com

Originally posted by hotshot657
    I like the first year deal, but i dont wanna pay $120 for each other year! Its such a big difference!
    damn right! 50.00 ayear is coo, but 120.00 a year is A FOCKIN RIPOFF!
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein = THE BEST GAME EVER!

Hidden Content

Thread Information