Thread: GC price cut (again)

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default GC price cut (again)

Gamecube might cut the price yet again, look here:

http://msn.vnunet.com/News/1132154
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

good that means that I will probably be able to pick one of these fisher price doorstops for around $75 used!

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Originally posted by Shaggy
    good that means that I will probably be able to pick one of these fisher price doorstops for around $75 used!
    Its good new for all of us.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

i think i need a good foot rest. might be a bit on the expensive side and i'd need 2 cause they each would only hold one of my feet

I feel bad for the good ol' Cube. Its had to rigorisly compete with the Xbox and PS2 for quite some time now.

I guess the price cut is both good and bad, because they would be able to sell more console. The bad part is that people would rather spent $200 on an XBox or PS2 rather than $100 for the Gamecube.
    "You know me, Marge. I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals flaaaaaming!"

~FloBuzz~

sweet!
    i mite pick one of these up then...
    hehe...or ill just wait for a 3rd price drop!

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Good good, I would definately rather have a gamecube than a ps2. I already went through the ps2 experience.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

and to think i almost picked this up today at Sam's Club for 200bucks with SSB

Nintendo to slash GameCube price again
    By Chris Lee in Melbourne [28-05-2002]

But financials to reflect a tough time for game console giant
    Nintendo is expected to cut the price of its GameCube yet again this year.
    The move may come despite what has so far been a tough year for the game console giant, whose financial results are due out on Thursday.

Facing stiff competition in the games console arena from Sony's PlayStation2 and Microsoft's Xbox, Nintendo recently cut the US price of its GameCube console by a third to $149, leaving both its competitors still standing at $199.

But despite the fact that the price cut will have an effect on the company's profits, analysts predict that a further price cut could come this business year as competition heats up between the three major players.

"I expect Nintendo to slash the GameCube price again at the end of this year," one Japanese analyst told Reuters.

Nintendo also announced a new board last week after president Hiroshi Yamauchi retired at the age of 74 after over 50 years in charge.

$99.....that is probably just about the right price for it.

lol, that is pretty funny...$75 bucks....you couldn't even buy two games for that..hehe

I sense fear in Nintendo. Fear leads to anger, anger leads hate, hate leads to suffering... NINTENDO IS THE DARK SIDE!

jk/ I'll probably pick one of these up if they lower the price another 149 bucks!
    Official PILOT of XBA!

10k.

Originally posted by FloBuzz
    I feel bad for the good ol' Cube. Its had to rigorisly compete with the Xbox and PS2 for quite some time now.

I guess the price cut is both good and bad, because they would be able to sell more console. The bad part is that people would rather spent $200 on an XBox or PS2 rather than $100 for the Gamecube.
    I think no matter what the price....people will always pick up a Xbox or PS2 over GameCube..

Originally posted by SteelViper

I think no matter what the price....people will always pick up a Xbox or PS2 over GameCube..
    I don't know... they DID get exclusive rights to Resident Evil. LIKE I CARE! HEHE
    Official PILOT of XBA!

Frostberg

Well, it says by the end of the year...I think its pretty obvious Nintendo will cut prices before the holiday season to boost up sales...I wouldnt mind a $100 cube...especially after fall when all the good games come out for it finally

I don't know guys, M$ and Sony will probably cut their prices by the end of the year too. This is a price war!
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Honestly, I wouldn't buy a GameCube even if it was $99.99. Seriously...I will have WAY TO MUCH FUN playing Unreal Championship, Brute Force, and the slew of XBox games that are coming out that I wouldn't even have time to play the GameCube. And, besides, now that I have a Widescreen HDTV, it would look like crap on it compared to my XBox which is practically made for it!!!

Osama Says "Vote 4 Kerry" Hermes's Avatar

I have to totally agree with Maximus. A hundred dollars isn't even worth it to me. I would rather have 2 Xbox games than a cube for 100 bucks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the cube can't do surround sound, can it? I am spoiled by 5 channel audio. That is a reason I couldn't enjoy Gamecube.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

*shrug* variety is always good. dont put it down...it has some great titles coming out.

Thread Information