Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Last GTA Post, Our Final Hope

Default The Last GTA Post, Our Final Hope

I was really upset by the fact that Sony reportedly signed the GTA series to an exclusive deal until 2004, when PS3 is reportedly going to begin production. I took it upon myself to check the source, and I found a few things. SCEA announced the "deal" at E3, but there has been no press release yet. So for all intents and purposes, it is not "official". I checked over at Take2 Games, and they too have not put out a press release announcing the agreement. They have announced that GTA:VC will be a PS2 exclusive, but they have not said anything about an agreement with Sony to keep GTA exclusive until 2004. Also, they have never officially cancelled GTA3, which was announced in February of 2001 and planned for a release this month.
    Another important fact I came across was taht SCEA also spread a rumor at E3 that Metal Gear Solid Substance was to be a PS2 exclusive, but that was quickly shrugged off by the people that got to see Xbox demos and Konami's official announcement.
    Sony announces one false rumor against the Xbox, then announces another deal that is yet to be confirmed by either party. The only thing that is set in stone is that GTA:VC will not be available on Xbox, but nothing has been said of GTA3 or any furter versions.
    Lastly, I had some problems with my Xbox, so I called 18004MYXBOX, and to kill some time, I asked a rep about GTA3 coming to the Box. He told me it has been in development for over a year and has not officially been cancelled yet. He says that the Xbox team is not sure if the SCEA deal with Rockstar is true, but that he personally hopes it's not (of course). He says even if the rumor is true, GTA3 for Xbox will become a legal battle if Rockstar cancels it, because they have a contract calling for GTA3, Serious Sam, 4x4 Evo, Conflict: Desert Storm, State of Emergency, and Max Payne to come to the box. Also he says they are working on bringing Max Payne 2 to Xbox as an exclusive.
    Of course I may be a dillusional GTA and Xbox fanatic clinging to my last hope, but everything that I have reported is true, so take it for what it's worth.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Its too late, your holding on to the last peice of string, and if you let go you will drop 234 ft into the grand canyon!! And eventuly die!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

interesting .who really knows!an i know microsoft will be ****ed if rockstar does cancel a game they had planned
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

*pulls pants down and craps on yet the 3rd gta thread today"

I don't really care anymore. GTA3 can stay with the PS2, quite frankly it got old real quick.

i hope GTA will come out for xbox. iv been long waiting for this game. i dont care what anyone else says and i believe that htis guy is right and it might come out later int he year. thats what i think and hope anyway.

I can live with or without it. You would think some other company would want to make a game kinda like GTA3 if Rockstar won't. If you look at all the real sucessfulll exlusive's, and usually a rip off of the title is made by someone else. Might not be called GTA, but it would not suprise me to see a game a lot like it with a different name come out.

I dont see why GTA is a big deal i mean its a cool game but its not that good.
    Hidden Content

Be Good or Evil.Live young to old.

Thx for the sig. VeNoMiZa

Originally posted by khaos2005
    I don't really care anymore. GTA3 can stay with the PS2, quite frankly it got old real quick.
    True, true.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

lets be truthful

if we were still getting this game it would still be something we had against PS2.....now we(well some of you) are just shoving it off like it is the past...when you know if we were getting it you would have probably bought it too.....

Sleeping

If see another GTA thread I'm gonna barf!

Get it for the pc, play it, and move on.

It was an interesting read, but I just don't get why some think this game is so great. I borrowed it from my friend for my PS2 and got tired of the game after a month or so. If you haven't played the game by now, where the hell have you been? This game is in the past in my books...
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

Originally posted by Xtopia
    If see another GTA thread I'm gonna barf!
    Yeah! Forget the fact that this thread adds a new perspective and provides new information! I hate threads like this!
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

Originally posted by X-Ray

Yeah! Forget the fact that this thread adds a new perspective and provides new information! I hate threads like this!

Exscuse me for expressing my general attitude towards GTA threads.:o

Sell you xbox and buy a PS2, if you like GTA so much.. gosh i'm damn sick of these threads
    XBOX MSSC
    Hidden Content
    I'm back...for now...

Why not just get it on the PC? It is better there anyway.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Why not just get it on the PC? It is better there anyway.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Xtopia

Exscuse me for expressing my general attitude towards GTA threads.:o
    No one's disturbed by your general attitude toward GTA threads--just the fact that you seem anxious to flame anyone who starts a GTA thread regardless of their content. Did anyone force you to read the thread? No. This is proven by the fact that you didn't read anything more than the subject line and because GTA was in it you flamed a guy. If, on the other hand, you had read the post you might have learned something about the possibility of a top-selling game coming to X-Box. But I guess one-sentence "flames" will get you post count up faster won't they?
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

Originally posted by X-Ray

No one's disturbed by your general attitude toward GTA threads--just the fact that you seem anxious to flame anyone who starts a GTA thread regardless of their content. Did anyone force you to read the thread? No. This is proven by the fact that you didn't read anything more than the subject line and because GTA was in it you flamed a guy. If, on the other hand, you had read the post you might have learned something about the possibility of a top-selling game coming to X-Box. But I guess one-sentence "flames" will get you post count up faster won't they?

Are you blind!?! I never even flaimed the guy! Man, calm down!

Thread Information