Poll: What is the best fighting series ever?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Fighter Ever

Question Best Fighter Ever

My pick is Mortal Kombat. I'm a huge sports sim fan (Sega Sports), and I'm a stickler for detail in sports games, but I think fighting games should have an arcade style to them.

DOA has great graphics, but is not fun to play at all, it's just a button masher. It also has vitrually no story mode.

Soul Caliber is very fun, but I could never get into the storylines. The graphics are also pretty weak, compare to other games. Weapons is an original feature, but I never really realized what the hype was about.

VF has potential to be a great game, from the best developer in the business, SEGA. The only weakness is taht it can turn into a button masher. A bit of strategy would do it justice.

Tekken is a great game on all levels, but can be played as a button masher like many of the others. The combos are on par with MK, and the various styles are fun to learn, but I give MK the nod because of the story modes.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

RadRider

All fighters blow, but DOA3 is the best of the pile.

I'll have to say that I do love all of these series (each one has some better qualities then the other) but that MK has been there since I started playing and it has always been amusing. I do miss Killer Instinct and was hoping that it would be coming back out , but for now, it's just gonna have to be MK

VF series is a button masher? Dude obviously needs to do some research. VF series is without question the deepest fighting franchise ever created.

If you want mashers try including Tekken series & DOA3.

As for greatest fighting game ever? Soul Calibur on Dreamcast.
    For greatest series? Virtua Fighter. VF2 was a classic, and this is the series that started it all... 3D style!

1) Mortal Kombat
    2) VF
    3) Sould Caliber

MK, I've been with MK since Childhood years,and the title for MK now kix Azz(Deadly Alliance Very )The icing for MK is you could kill that SOB who tried to test you in yo Fighting Skillz .

Tekken is pretty fun the only other one I'm into.Never got into Soul Calibur.
    ~1ne~
    Life Under The Sun(Chapter I:Ecclesiastes)
    Hidden Content

A big thanks goes out to the one and only awesome sigmaker GokuX

How can anyone pick MK over Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter. MK has to be the worst series out of all of these. My pick would be Soul Calibur but how come theres no Street Fighter on the poll?

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking This is what I think

1)DOA3
    2) Sould Caliber
    3) Mortal Kombat

DOA has to be the worst series. DOA2 was good. Never played the first but DOA3 was a MAJOR LET DOWN! Though graphically amazing, it had no depth at all. MK1 and MK2 were good, but the series collapsed after that. I never enjoyed any of the Virtua Fighter games. Soul Caliber was defintely a fun game on Dreamcast. Tekken is also a fun series.

My Verdict: Tekken and Soul Caliber.

Signing off...
    Hidden Content

My-sig-is-too-big...My sig...is TOO BIG!

1) Mortal Kombat fo sheezy, that game is so classic, especially the first and second ones, and the third one
    2) Street Fighter
    3) Tekken

What a joke!

You dont have Streetfighter 2 on your poll. Give me a break. It practically revolutionized the fighting genre.
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

Exclamation

Here are the best games in order....
    [list=1][*]Soul Caliber[*]Tekken[*]Dead or Alive[/list=1]
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"...Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
    Revelation 1:17

1. Soul Calibur
    2. Dead or Alive
    3. Tekken

Super Street Fighter II for the Sega Genesis. It was a dramatic improvement upon a revulutionary game. I think that Super Street Fighter II, or just Street fighter II, really MADE the fighting genre.
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

Default Re: Best Fighter Ever

Originally posted by tWoTOMA
    My pick is Mortal Kombat. I'm a huge sports sim fan (Sega Sports), and I'm a stickler for detail in sports games, but I think fighting games should have an arcade style to them.

DOA has great graphics, but is not fun to play at all, it's just a button masher. It also has vitrually no story mode.

Soul Caliber is very fun, but I could never get into the storylines. The graphics are also pretty weak, compare to other games. Weapons is an original feature, but I never really realized what the hype was about.

VF has potential to be a great game, from the best developer in the business, SEGA. The only weakness is taht it can turn into a button masher. A bit of strategy would do it justice.

Tekken is a great game on all levels, but can be played as a button masher like many of the others. The combos are on par with MK, and the various styles are fun to learn, but I give MK the nod because of the story modes.
    Duhhhh Wake Up Buddy!!!!! STREET FIGHTER IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

How do you make a poll, I'm redoin' this one.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Soul Calibur is cool because you can fight with weapons. Mortal Kombat is a little out-dated. DOA3 has a great reversal system that dosent allow you to just beat on people, but stop them from beating on you, and its fairly easy to get the hang of. Tekken is fun but a bit shallow.

DOA gets my vote. Heck, DOA3 gets my vote. All the previous doa games werent anything special.

Nightmare on Soul Calibur rules!!!!

~ SpartanSniper
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"...Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
    Revelation 1:17

SOOOOUL CALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont think soul calibur is the best than you should pick one of the following

a) i never played it (understandable)

b) Im a tool, street fighter ownz! (why yes i do stop and stare when i see pretty flashing colors)

c) DOA series a button mashing game! No way! (Uhh derrr, press the buttons, uhh derrrr, back and block, uhh derrr press the buttons)

d) MK is the best cause i still think im in 5th grade, and blood is cool! (Hahahahahahaahha! He chopped his head off, ive never seen that before!)

e) Im a sega fan boy, So Virtua Fighter rules! (Hi my names ninja scroll)

Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 06-07-2002 at 08:50 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX
    SOOOOUL CALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont think soul calibur is the best than you should pick one of the following

a) i never played it (understandable)

b) Im a tool, street fighter ownz! (why yes i do stop and stare when i see pretty flashing colors)

c) DOA series a button mashing game! No way! (Uhh derrr, press the buttons, uhh derrrr, back and block, uhh derrr press the buttons)

d) MK is the best cause i still think im in 5th grade, and blood is cool! (Hahahahahahaahha! He chopped his head off, ive never seen that before!)

e) Im a sega fan boy, So Virtua Fighter rules! (Hi my names ninja scroll)

I honestly think doa3 is better then soul caliber.....now that dosn't mean I am not going to pick up SC....it just means I think doa3 is better....and here is why

1. anyone can pick up the game and be somewhat decent(soul caliber you cannot) that is good because most of my friends don't sit down and play a game at my house until they master it.

2. Granted it can be considered a button masher for beginners like you jaxx, but if you button mash, I have mastered reversals, so the second you try a move, you are dead!

3. its got hot chicks

4. DOA3 moves (although not as extensive as SC) are more logical and somewhat easier to do!

5. Because I said so!

so this is what I think I know you don't agree but thats to bad. I do love the SC and will pick it up, but I am much more anticipating doa4!

Thread Information