Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is morrowind the greatest rpg ever or what?

Default is morrowind the greatest rpg ever or what?

i think morrowind is probably the best rpg ever. what do u think?

Its a great game. I don't think I will spend as much time on this one as I did Ultima Online, but it is a fantastic game. This is a must buy

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy Morrowind. I haven't even seen the game in action, but, I am intrigued by it's premise. I can't honestly say that I have ever played a *true* full fledged RPG...I can't think of one... My question: Is Morrowind a good game to get initiated into the RPG genre?

Osama Says "Vote 4 Kerry" Hermes's Avatar

Originally posted by Maximus
    I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy Morrowind. I haven't even seen the game in action, but, I am intrigued by it's premise. I can't honestly say that I have ever played a *true* full fledged RPG...I can't think of one... My question: Is Morrowind a good game to get initiated into the RPG genre?
    This is my first RPG that I have ever owned and I must say that I love this game. Being an action and FPS fan, I must say that the combat of Morrowind reaallyy ****es me off sometimes but I understand why it is the way it is. When I swing a big azz two handed claymore, I expect to knock some mutha down and kill him like nothing. But I understand that since I have no blade skillz, I will never make contact. Man, this ****es me off sometimes. I know, though, that sooner or later I will be kicking butt. And It keeps me playing. Some people could understandabley hate this game though, and as much as I love it, I would say rent it first.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Morrowind is the only real rpg on a console today. Other games like Ultima 8 and other non-linear games are other great rpg's as well. Ultima Online is a massive multiplayer rpg, which kicks major áss by the way. I used to play UO all day long, every day last summer.

So if you like being trapped in the game, forced to do things at certain times...then play all those wanna-be rpg's on PoS2...but if you want to go about your business and kill townsfolk, steal their stuff and sell it, then go ahead. Morrowind never ends. There is not way to end the game. You just keep playing forever. After you figure out what your doing, then it's a real fun game. You can seriously play it for hours on end every single day and still not get bored. The game itself is amazingly huge, and with the sheer number of spells and weapons and armor and everything, you can fool around with each and find out what one your best with.
    Last edited by EHWfedPres; 06-10-2002 at 10:37 AM.

Best RPG ever? I doubt it.

Try playing " Skies Of Arcadia" and then you will know what the greatest RPG ever is like.
    It's on Dreamcast, but Sega said they will be porting it to all console except for Xbox,.. what's up wit dat?
    Hope they change their minds.

I love the damn game!

Theres so much to do. I can just lay there and zone out for a few hours and just get lost in the world. Its amazing how everyone who plays it will get a different experience. We got 3 xboxs at my pad and all 3 of us are all of doing different things. Right now im a level 3 Dark elf custom class "ELITE" My major skills are long blades, Med armor, marksman and some other stuff. Right now my guy looks cool as hell to, I stole this really expensive orgre mask '35 armor rating' (Genma onimusha ogre mask) and this cool ass heavy armor and a nice long blade that poisons I have 0 bounty on my head and im a swordsman for the fighters guild. My last mission i had to go bust up these theives outside the mines of Caldera. God i love this game!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX
    I love the damn game!

Theres so much to do. I can just lay there and zone out for a few hours and just get lost in the world. Its amazing how everyone who plays it will get a different experience. We got 3 xboxs at my pad and all 3 of us are all of doing different things. Right now im a level 3 Dark elf custom class "ELITE" My major skills are long blades, Med armor, marksman and some other stuff. Right now my guy looks cool as hell to, I stole this really expensive orgre mask '35 armor rating' (Genma onimusha ogre mask) and this cool ass heavy armor and a nice long blade that poisons I have 0 bounty on my head and im a swordsman for the fighters guild. My last mission i had to go bust up these theives outside the mines of Caldera. God i love this game!
    If my nephew Jjax says he loves this game then I will have to give it a second thought....hhmmmm,....just bought KiddyCube & RE, and now waiting for WMX8 to come in mail at work...hhmm... what's a Ninja to do with game time?

hey JJax no bounty . . . . u eighter play the good guy in Morrwond that u dont play here on the boards or u dont get caught for the wrong doings that u partake in . . . im guessing the latter . . .

anyway . . the game is great, the greatest, possibly but i havnet played enough RPGs to make that decision . . . . but ill tell yeah, u could really get lost in this game. i was lost in the menu screan making potions and trying to get my alchemy up for an hour or so last night . . . . .
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

yeah morrowind is awesome and it's almost to overwhelming to handle there so much to see and do and i'm just trying to get stronger so i can really start to explore the world and see what it really holds
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

Morrowind as of right now is the king of all rpgs to date. This is a non-linear game and needs to be mastered; you must become familiar with the world and the species that inhabit this world. This is not ff, grandia, or skies of arcadia, these are traditional turn base combat and linear game play. Morrowind is the big boy toy. Where else in an rpg can you contemplate an assassin on a leader of a certain village or country? From conversations with NPC leads me to believe this goal can be considered, what are the gains? Who knows? It’s this that makes morrowind a class of it’s own. I love this game, and recommend it to anyone with major patience for good things to come.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 06-10-2002 at 01:43 PM.

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

in my opinion morrowind is one of the best games i've played, the variety that can choose from means alot of replay value....

also the graphics and sound are stellar, but not to be overlooked is the immersion, u feel connected and lose yourself in the game

this to me represents a great game
    gone but not forgotten.....

AHHHH!!! I must have zoned out or something don't yell at me but I have never heard of Morrowind until today...... Don't hurt me

I got some questions does Xboxaddict have some screenshots from the game, can i buy it in best buy, circuit city, or targer at this moment.

And have you guys ever played the RPG Arcanum? From the way you are describing Morrowind it sounds a lot like Arcanum. But I could be totally off. One more thing is there a way to turn off Turn Base Combat and switch it to Real Time Combat?

acually alec u would be turning off real time combat and turning on turn based cauz morrowind is a real time combat RPG . . .
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

ok.....i have a few questions about this game hea!!!

on the PC version i have heard there were several bugs throughout the game.......is this the same for the Xbox?

I am broke at the moment so until i get some money i wont be buying Morrowind.....anyway it is next on my list if a few things have been fixed from the PC version. Never seen this game in action soo......who knows, i didnt know what to think with Shenmue when i bought it.....AND I LOVE THAT GAME!!!

yuppers...GIMMAH!!

Skies of Arcadia is a piece of **** compared to Morrowind.

Morrowind is THE BEST rgp that has come out in a very long time. It has everything you want in an rpg and it can last a very long time. No one gets short changed with this baby. It's the best and I have lost myself in this great game.
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

Okay I have played MW for about 50 hours now (my wife is ****ed off) and I have to say this is a truly epic RPG. I read some of the reviews where people said once you reach 30-35th level you are godlike. After 50hrs (no exaggeration) I am just now 11th level and can barely hold my own against some characters. So at this rate only 100 more hours of gameplay I will be a bada** mofo. I love this game and truly believe that it is one of the greatest RPG's ever.
    God was my co-pilot but but we crashed in the mountains and I was forced to eat him.

THE DEVILS BRIGADE
    "infensus incursus"
    www.devilsbrigadepage.tk

I am tired of writing a crapload about this game so now i will just say it is the best rpg ever go buy it and the prophecies book now!

I haven't enjoyed any RPG's since the Quest For Glory series... and Morrowind is bigger and more immersive than all five of them put together! It's easily the best game I've ever played. Period.

Granted, I had never heard of Arena or Daggerfall, but I'm not a big PC gamer.

Definetely my fave RPG since...well...mmm....Fallout 1 & 2 But nothing's ever gonna beat those bad boys (PLEASE bring out Fallout 3)....in short, Morrowind rocks
    Hidden Content

What the world, needs now, is love, sweet love!

Thread Information