Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSO bundled with xbox live?!?!

Default PSO bundled with xbox live?!?!

Hey all, just read the front page that says MS is bundling phantasy star with the XBoxLive starter kit... Does that mean they are dropping that racing game? or is MS going to offer a selection of starter kits? Thought maybe someone had some more news on it..

i interpreted it the same way at first... but PSO is a sega game... so i very much doubt it

I don't see it anywhere.. what r u talking about?

oh... frontpage of xboxaddict.com
    i thought it was xbox.com

anyways... i think this is only in japan. I do believe its happening. MS need to pull a big stunt like this in order tog et more sales.

Yeah i was reading this, its only for japan and the get its for 56 yen is it. and correct me if im wrong, u get revolt

Also this page seemed to take forever to load
    Last edited by CodeMonkey; 06-11-2002 at 08:02 PM.

It sounds like that's exactlly what they are planning. If so this will catapolt XBOX forward in Japan.

Phantasy Star Online was an amazing game and an even more amazing on-line experience that Japan loved.

In my opinion, if not for Sega Net being defunct basically, PSO was reason enough to buy a DC.

My only wish would be that they do the same thing in the states. We can only hope.

oh my god, highlite... your sig is 5 times longer than your message... and your message is double spaced!

Originally posted by KraftSLU
    oh my god, highlite... your sig is 5 times longer than your message... and your message is double spaced!
    lol. No one can complain about my sig, it is very small in size, and has a quote that will lighten your gloomy day everytime you read it.

Anyway, back to the topic. I have never played PSO so I have no real opinion on it. But, I have heard it is a great game. As most have said, it will most likely be PSO in Japan, and Revolt in the USA, though I would like to see PSO in America. I also think a great idea would be to have a selection of starter kits (like Plewis said) so that a fan of every genre (racing, action, RPG, etc.) has a game to start with, so people won't be turned off by the packaged game.

Also, is there any confirmed figures on the price yet? Is it $50 a year, or $10 a month?

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

i would much rather have PSO than some racing game, but it would probably be way more popular in Japan than here.

Originally posted by Gortholomew
    i would much rather have PSO than some racing game, but it would probably be way more popular in Japan than here.
    I'd go for PSO too. Even if I could run a 30 car indy heat... I wouldn't care. Racing isn't my thing and I would rather have some other game bundled with my set.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by professor_frink
    Also, is there any confirmed figures on the price yet? Is it $50 a year, or $10 a month?
    Hey, buddy....for a single payment of $49.99 you get: 1. The XBox Communicator, 2. The game: Revolt, and 3. A total of 12 months of unlimited access to XBox Live! As for what happens after the first year is yet to be known, yet determined even by Microsoft.

This deal will even make the most skeptical PC gamers that are used to playing on-line for free smile with glee!!!
    Last edited by Maximus; 06-12-2002 at 01:01 AM.

who knows... we might get PSO AND Revolt because they said the starter pack would come with a bunch of games... but the only one annouced was revolt... and revolt is a fun game.
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by sinizuh
    who knows... we might get PSO AND Revolt because they said the starter pack would come with a bunch of games... but the only one annouced was revolt... and revolt is a fun game.
    that is a good point sinizuh, they never finalized and said "this is what the package is"

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by sinizuh
    Good point....I guess we'll see what happens...and, I totally agree that Revolt is a fun game! I was a fan of the game the very moment I realized I was driving my RC car through a neighborhood with curbs and all

Arrow

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Good point....I guess we'll see what happens...and, I totally agree that Revolt is a fun game! I was a fan of the game the very moment I realized I was driving my RC car through a neighborhood with curbs and all
    Revolt...a fun game? I have never played it...what console is it for?
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Originally posted by highlite23
    It sounds like that's exactlly what they are planning. If so this will catapolt XBOX forward in Japan.

Phantasy Star Online was an amazing game and an even more amazing on-line experience that Japan loved.

In my opinion, if not for Sega Net being defunct basically, PSO was reason enough to buy a DC.

My only wish would be that they do the same thing in the states. We can only hope.
    PSO was an awesome game
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"...Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
    Revelation 1:17

Default bull man, bull!

this is bs. just cuz the Xbox ain't doing so good in japan but is doing even better in America, they should release PSO in japan only and leave America with a retarded game that never even came out? doesn't make no sense, ****.

Default Re: bull man, bull!

Originally posted by mosaicOFdelrium
    this is bs. just cuz the Xbox ain't doing so good in japan but is doing even better in America, they should release PSO in japan only and leave America with a retarded game that never even came out? doesn't make no sense, ****.
    Japan loves RPGs. MS knows this and sees a weakness in Sony and Nintendo's online strategies. If they can provide the ultimate online experience and a kick-@ss game in Japan it will sell a lot of consoles.

RPGs don't have as broad of an appeal in North America. Racing games appease the masses. Personally, I would rather have PSO, too, but I'm also willing to buy it later. I don't think we're being ripped-off at $50 for a year of service plus the starter bundle.

I know that there is a form of Revolt for Dreamcast. I also think that there might be some form on the PSONE.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Originally posted by KraftSLU
    Just trying to be informative Kraft, If a mod tells me to shorten it i will.
    Nice sig by the way...Notice no double spacings were harmed in this message.

Thread Information