Thread: Anyone have Test Drive?????

THE REAL BOSS

Default Anyone have Test Drive?????

Impressions????

Im really considering getting this game!! Finally a game with some old muscle cars and the graphics and gameplay looks awesome!!!

I think that this game looks sweet. I was looking for it at Walmart, but they didn't have it. I would pick it up if i were you.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Test Drive is no doubt a buyer in my mind. The neat thing I found out about it today was that during its loading times you can play Pong. Since it is made by Atari. I am diing to buy Test Drive. So far everyday this week I've been calling Future Shop for it and so far everday it's never in. I don't care I'm gonna keep calling until it's in.

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    Test Drive is no doubt a buyer in my mind. The neat thing I found out about it today was that during its loading times you can play Pong. Since it is made by Atari. I am diing to buy Test Drive. So far everyday this week I've been calling Future Shop for it and so far everday it's never in. I don't care I'm gonna keep calling until it's in.

Yeah, the pong thing is badass. I played it yesterday at a store. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. Did you ever play those racing things in a acarde? You know, where you sit in them and push the gas and steer, and that? Well, those games kick ass, IMO, and it's just like those, with better graphics. I would recomend it, or atleast rent it, I know I am.

This is a definate rental for me.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

I played it today withmy girl at the XBox kiosk at Electronics boutique, it was ok. a little bit more realism and it'd be perfect, it really bothered me that there was no damage, all that detail and no damage? blah.

NOFB

LOL...I bought it today. Trust me...the AI will make you want to hang yourself. I WARN YOU...do not buy this game if you have a short temper, and for god's sake, don't buy this game if you have a pacemaker. If the Rubberband AI in this game was a real person, I would tie him up and then beat him with a metal pipe.
    Again, this is a WARNING...the rubberband AI will make you go crazy. WARNING, WARING, WARNING.....

Thanks for the warning Skyfinch.It may be a rental for me but the commercial nearly made me pee in my pants(Haven't done that since 9 or 10 ).
    ~1ne~
    Life Under The Sun(Chapter I:Ecclesiastes)
    Hidden Content

A big thanks goes out to the one and only awesome sigmaker GokuX

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by Skyfinch
    LOL...I bought it today. Trust me...the AI will make you want to hang yourself. I WARN YOU...do not buy this game if you have a short temper, and for god's sake, don't buy this game if you have a pacemaker. If the Rubberband AI in this game was a real person, I would tie him up and then beat him with a metal pipe.
    Again, this is a WARNING...the rubberband AI will make you go crazy. WARNING, WARING, WARNING.....
    So in your mind this game isnt a buy?

Has any Test Drive ever been a buy? They are always a racer that has no realism and always JUST miss the mark...I wish they would at least come up to the level of the NFS series...which has kinda suffered as well.

Blah.
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

I though Test Drive 6 for Dreamcast was sweet. I think that this one will dominate too.

Hidden Content

I heard the gameplay is like crusing usa, which also had rubberband AI, it was kinda annoying but if you don't suck it wasn't a problem! Does this game have the hit the gas twice to get a turbo boost like crusing usa? And can you mod you cars?

Originally posted by joenofb
    a little bit more realism and it'd be perfect, it really bothered me that there was no damage, all that detail and no damage? blah.
    No damage?!?!? What fun is flying into a wall at 150 mph then?

This game seems like a rental at best unless you are one of those elite few that thoroughly enjoy Test Drive games.

THE RUBBERBAND AI IS UNBELIEVABLE. Please, rent this game first. I cannot enjoy this game at all becuase of the rubberband AI.

The game suxxx.IMO....ahw man it just plain sux......it's bland and boring.Nothing new to see here.
    Rent it first .......
    The rubber banding AI didnt bother me 2 badly....it's just the rest of the game.I guess i have been spoiled by RSC and pgr.
    And once again the drag racing element is cheeze,i guess i have done the real thing for 2 long up on the local hill.

Thread Information