Thread: Rented and Returned

Default Rented and Returned

Went out and rented Morrowwind and Burnout and they are back at the store ready for the next idiot to rent because i returned them as soon as i could. tell me what you think about other games that i should try now, just rented max payne and 007 which are both ok. any good games coming out or out now?

Amped, PGR, Halo (of course) Hunter: The Reckoning, Munch's Oddysee, DoA3, Rallisport...those are my top picks.

oy... if you loved Burnout, you should REALLY love Test Drive

(btw, i thought burnout was awesome)
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Morrowind is not hyped. Its a great game. I realize that you will either Love it or Hate it though. I don't think this game can be judged off a rental though. At first I can see why you might think it sux but after about 20 hours I am having nothing but great fun with it. I can respect that you don't like it but I don't think you gave this game the time it requires to really get a feel for it.

maybe i didnt give it enough time but if a game cant catch your interest in the first hour then how can you continue to play

I have to admit when I first played morrowind, I hated it. I thought it was complicated(I never played any rpg's) and very big. But now I love it. It really is an awesome game with so much replay value, you could play it for years. A rental don't do it justice.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

My top picks:

Halo, Rallisport Challenge, Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Hunter: The Reckoning, and Outlaw Golf. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which of these to play

Originally posted by Motoko S9
    BigJim, beware of everyone else on the boards coming in and flaming you because of your opinion on Morrowind. They all have a serious case of the hype right now.
    Yeah... I gave my opinions about MORROWIND and HUNTER the first week they came out (more like the first day or so) and everyone got ****ed at me because I thought they both SUCKED! Now that more people have come into the realisation that Morrowind sucks and Hunter isn't as great as it is set out to be, I don't hear anyone apologizing for their mistaken comments.

I still think Morrowind and Hunter are great. However, I've played nothing but Outlaw Golf since Saturday.

Registered User halocombat4ever's Avatar

what is morrowind neway??
    Hidden Content

prepare to die!!!!

Member on the run

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    My top picks:

Halo, Rallisport Challenge, Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Hunter: The Reckoning, and Outlaw Golf. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which of these to play
    I still remember when Azurik was one of your favorite games man! You talked me into that game.

Either way, BigJim, if Morrowind isn't your cup of tea, then I would have to agree with Maximus above...Rallisport if you like offroad racing and Outlaw Golf if you like golf and laughing your ass off!

Azurik is a lot of fun but it isn't as open-ended as Morrowind.

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    Yeah... I gave my opinions about MORROWIND and HUNTER the first week they came out (more like the first day or so) and everyone got ****ed at me because I thought they both SUCKED! Now that more people have come into the realisation that Morrowind sucks and Hunter isn't as great as it is set out to be, I don't hear anyone apologizing for their mistaken comments.
    IMO Hunter still kicks serious ass...and I still play it once in a while....including a quick run though of max payne now and then!
    Right now I am finishing my season in wsb!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Let me guess...you started Morrowind, didnt know what you were doing, and took it out after 2 minutes.

PLAY THE GAME NEXT TIME! After you understand it, you will love it.

Default time spent

alright so i admit that i didnt give it that much time about an hour but if something doesnt catch your attention after that time what makes u want to waste more time. someone tell me other than it is great why morrowind is so fun, bc im playin max payne and i think it is a good game and it got me interested immediately, while bond is so so o the single player mode but multi is a blast.

Default Re: Rented and Returned

Originally posted by BigJim
    Went out and rented Morrowwind and Burnout and they are back at the store ready for the next idiot to rent because i returned them as soon as i could. tell me what you think about other games that i should try now, just rented max payne and 007 which are both ok. any good games coming out or out now?
    Hey BigJim I'm with you mate I had Morrowind and Burnout and I took them back the next day, got a refund on Burnout and lost a lot of cash on Morrowind as I got it as an import, silly, silly me

Default Re: Re: Rented and Returned

Originally posted by Afro Aura

Hey BigJim I'm with you mate I had Morrowind and Burnout and I took them back the next day, got a refund on Burnout and lost a lot of cash on Morrowind as I got it as an import, silly, silly me
    how did u get a refund i want one!

Default Re: Re: Re: Rented and Returned

Originally posted by BigJim

how did u get a refund i want one!
    LOL well... I got my Burnout (PAL) at HMV now with them if you don't like it you can bring it back with no questions asked, Morrowind (US) no luck there as I had the game as an import at bloody £60 by mail order now don't laugh I got myself £16 LOL which I think is about the right price, the company I sold it to will sell the game at £24, oh-well these things happen

ok, here's my experiences. I bought Hunter after hearing all the people saying it was so awesome. I didnt like it, I told people on the board I didnt like it. Next I rented Burnout. Game sucked... only rented it because it was garenteed(sp?) in stock but it wasnt in and I got a raincheck. Then I decided to wait for less hyped reviews of Morrowind because I didnt want it to turn into another hunter. Moseid(sp?) into the RPG forums and Dre talked me into it. I went out and bought it. After about 3 hours of gameplay I was hooked. I am now a level 11 Dark Elf. So I guess it is just your taste... I also liked JSRF even though a lot of people hated it

Default I rented Morrowind to

This game stunk , plain and simple I dont even consider it an xbox game, everything stinks about it, graphics especially.

Thread Information