Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: halo 2

Default halo 2

i know a halo 2 will be made but i dont know the name, like how halo is cmpat evolved but whats halo two gonna be compat evolved... EVEN MORE!!! cuz that would just be homosexual.

thye just announced it not to long ago. they dont have a name yet and right now the codename is just halo next. the next oxm will have some info on it. im not even sure if bungie started developing halo next yet. i heard some rumors of people calling it return to the ring but i think thats a name some dood made up.

Alien

I've also heard that "Halo Next" as it's being it's being called has a launch date scheduled for the holiday season of 2002. I'm not sure if it's true but I got that info from a pretty reliable source.

_-BrOwN ZaNeY-_

if bungie just started developing it or even if they ddnt it wouldnt be out holiday 2002. maybe holiday 2003 but not holiday 2002.

Originally posted by Tkf5000
    if bungie just started developing it or even if they ddnt it wouldnt be out holiday 2002. maybe holiday 2003 but not holiday 2002.
    yeah they could...the hard stuff was aready figured out (physics, enviroment, etc.). All they need to do is add some more textures, a couple races, vechicles, weapons, new multiplayer maps and think of a continuing story and bamm! halo2

Default Re: halo 2

Originally posted by bo_bo
    i know a halo 2 will be made but i dont know the name, like how halo is cmpat evolved but whats halo two gonna be compat evolved... EVEN MORE!!! cuz that would just be homosexual.
    I have an idea....you should get this game. It will be way better than halo two:cmpat evolved:

Originally posted by Shaggy

yeah they could...the hard stuff was aready figured out (physics, enviroment, etc.). All they need to do is add some more textures, a couple races, vechicles, weapons, new multiplayer maps and think of a continuing story and bamm! halo2
    yea thye could make halo 2 out of everything they have using the same engine just maybe add a few vehicles maps and weapons they could make it in a couple months.

yeah but then it would be an addon for halo and not a new game. It totally sucks ass when developers rush projects.

it will be called halo 2: compat evolved. lol

if they released it on the gameboy: Halo, compact compat evolved hah

Originally posted by ALC
    if they released it on the gameboy: Halo, compact compat evolved hah
    that's pretty funny....cheesy as all hell...but funny

They would definitely be able to get it out by holiday 2002.....and it wouldnt be rushed...they've had almost 8 months since Halo's release.....you can bet anything that Bungie didnt stop after the first Halo was made....

they made Halo and still had a lot of the ideas, engine, physics, etc. planned out for Halo2....they just had to wait to see it go gang busters before they said "ok...lets crank it out"

I'm rambling....time for my medication nurse.....

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I want they change completely the engine of Halo. I want something new about it. Maybe could beat up DOOM III (the one every 3d shooter fans must-see). So maybe i must say...take your time Bungie...and only time can make a big taste for game.
    Back into the world of gaming.

well put, because they spent how long working on halo?
    Like we saw previews in 2000 or 1999 at least!

Renegade of funk

I read at Truth and Reconciliation that they took 4 years to make Halo. A sequel couldn't take that long. The engine already exsists. Just tweak the engine, add the new characters/weapons/vehicles and maps and voila! A sequel is born. I 'll bet big bucks that they already planned the sequel and had stuff prepared for right as Halo was released. So that saved time. Just keep on programming. We'll release this part as a functioning game first....

Halo: Reborn

Who's with me.....

A CEO of id Software stated that DOOM III can be ported to the X-Box without much graphical compromise. Now with the added bonus of Cg, Halo 2 should certainly look great and perhaps even better then Doom though I won't hold my breathe. I just want to see a slightly better version of Halo. I want them to concentrate on the SP.

Halo: Reborn!?!?! Halo ain't dead!!!!
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

one thing u guys forgot is tha halo next or halo 2 is supposed to b a completley online game, yeah there may b and proly is a single player option but its proly gonna come out nxt year and xbox live should b huge and there wont b a big need for single player. but i still cant wait

Originally posted by Playya
    one thing u guys forgot is tha halo next or halo 2 is supposed to b a completley online game, yeah there may b and proly is a single player option but its proly gonna come out nxt year and xbox live should b huge and there wont b a big need for single player. but i still cant wait
    Um... what? Halo 2 will be a single player game with MP option. I think you might be refering to HALO Online which is only for XBL and won't have a SP. I only heard about HALO Online and I don't know whether it's true or not. Any confirmation on this?
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

I don't agree. Leaving out SP would cripple the Halo franchise. Not every Xboxer can afford broadband (or will get broadband for some time). I think it would be a self-hurtful move on microsoft's and Bungie's part to not have Halo2 a SP with multiplayer/online option.

Then make a seperate Halo Online to swoon the masses, etc.

damn, i said there will proly b a single player mode

damn, i said there will proly b a single player mode
    you are correct, you did stat that. I jumped the gun, so to speak.
    My opion is that it will be SP.

sorry about missreading!

Thread Information