Thread: WWE Raw 2 Confirmation List

Smile WWE Raw 2 Confirmation List

WWE Raw 2 Confirmation List

WWE RAW 2
    Release: March 2003
    Publishers: THQ
    Developer: Anchor
    Number of Players: 1-4

Roster: ( All Wrestlers May Not Be In the Game, This Is Just A List That May Be Included )

Albert
    Batista
    Big Show
    Big Valbowski
    Billy Gunn
    Billy Kidman
    Booker T
    Bradshaw
    Brock Lesner
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Chavo Guerrero
    Chris Benoit
    Chris Jericho
    Christian
    Christopher Nowhinski
    Chuck Palumbo
    D'Lo Brown
    Eddie Guerrero
    Edge
    Eric Bishof
    Faarooq
    Hardcore Holly
    Hollywood Hulk Hogan
    Hurricane
    Jeff Hardy
    John Cena
    Kane
    Kevin Nash
    Kurt Angle
    Lane Storm
    Lita
    Mark Henry
    Matt Hardy
    Maven
    Nidia
    Paul Heyman
    Randy Orton
    Raven
    Reverand D-Von
    Rey Mysterio
    Ric Flair
    Rico
    Rikishi
    Rock
    Rob Van Dam
    Rhyno
    Shane McMahon
    Shawn Michaels
    Shawn Staciack
    Spike Dudley
    Stacy Keibler
    Stephanie McMahon
    Test
    Tajiri
    Tommy Dreamer
    Triple H
    Trish Stratus
    Undertaker
    Vince McMahon
    William Regal
    X-Pac
    More To Be Confirmed.......

Matches:

Singles
    Tag
    Tornado
    Triple Threat
    Fatal Four-Way
    Handicap (2 on 1 and 3 on 1)
    Battle Royal
    King of the Ring
    TLC
    Hell in a Cell ( Full-Sized)
    Cage
    Table
    Ladder
    Royal Rumble
    Hardcore
    Last Man Standing
    2 out of 3 Falls
    Iron Man
    Special Guest Referee
    Multiplayer Season Mode

Features:

New Buttons/Controls/Camera Angles

The gameplay and control scheme have been tweaked.

Authentic Entrances

The way the wrestlers walk will also be corrected and fixed.

The New Arenas

Confirmed Sets: RAW, SmackDown, Royal Rumble, WrestleMania X8, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, Survivor Series

Referee

Options

Create-a-SuperStar

Create-An-Arena

Use songs from Xbox hard drive for entrance themes

Misc. Features

Up to 4 players can compete in a multiplayer season mode

There are backstage areas

Multiple Costumes

Everything will be "WWE"

www.wweraw2.com

I can't wait for this game! I am going to rent it of course first, but I hope they fix the stuff..and this game will be really good!!
    Last edited by Xbox Owner; 07-29-2002 at 05:43 PM.

This is a wicked thread! Nice!! I can't wait... after the somewhat disappointing Raw 1.

It's lookin VERY sweet. to bad no online play

i dont really like wrestling but that game sounds the best but you have to know this theres going to be an even better wwe game out there in like 3 months
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

it sounds like its gonna be an awesome game. but ill rent it first. they like promised most of that stuff for the first raw game, but it was never on it. so, its gonna be a definite rental, and maybe ill buy it if its really good. i hope i can trade in my RAW for RAW 2. lol

Tha's alot of wrestlers.....Anyways, I hate WWF games. They suck. Whenever you buy the first ver., the second ver. will be out.....Then after the second ver., the third ver. will be out.....Then after the third ver., the fourth ver. will be out....Just like Final Fantasies....
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

Default can't wait

Rent? wats that? i put my full faith in this title and plan to buy, BUY it the day it comes out. athough the first was a tad dissapointing i still loved it. someone broke it ne one donate a copy ne how i cannot wait until this comes out.

Originally posted by cityson
    Tha's alot of wrestlers.....Anyways, I hate WWF games. They suck. Whenever you buy the first ver., the second ver. will be out.....Then after the second ver., the third ver. will be out.....Then after the third ver., the fourth ver. will be out....Just like Final Fantasies....
    First of all, it's no different than your standard sports title. Every year they release a new Madden that has a few updates from last year. Bottom Line: you don't have to buy every wrestling sequel (every other one will do). Second, Final Fantasies are legitimate sequels. New story, new engine . . . new pretty much everything.

Now, as for myself, I too will probably rent this before I consider buying it. I was seriously burned by the unbelievable, infinitesimile horrendousness of the first game. Yes, I know that the first outing of a wrestling game is supposed to be an engine test, and that it wasn't supposed to be fully decked out. BUT GOOD LORD, MAN!!! There was nothing about that game that I could deem nothing about that game as salvageable. I want to believe that WWF (yeah, I'm not gonna say WWE; whatever court sided with the World Wildlife Fund was out of it's f**king mind) RAW 2 is going to be the best wrestling game ever. But fool me twice . . .

Anyways, my analysis of the features list . . .

Roster: ( All Wrestlers May Not Be In the Game, This Is Just A List That May Be Included )
    Wow, that's up-to-date. Rey Mysterio just made his debut last week. Nice. I see that Stone Cold has been left out. Surprising to see that he's been banished from the game as well. Oh well.

Matches:

Singles
    Tag
    Tornado
    Triple Threat
    Fatal Four-Way
    Handicap (2 on 1 and 3 on 1)
    Battle Royal
    King of the Ring
    TLC
    Hell in a Cell (Full-Sized)
    Cage
    Table
    Ladder
    Royal Rumble
    Hardcore
    Last Man Standing
    2 out of 3 Falls
    Iron Man
    Special Guest Referee
    Multiplayer Season Mode
    Very nice. I find myself perplexed at the lack of an I Quit match (why didn't those every catch on?), but that's forgiveable. TLC (tell me something, if a Ladder match is no DQ, then technically aren't Tables and Chairs legal in every Ladder match?), Hell in a Cell (I don't quite understand the "full-sized" part, but what the Hell), and Last Man Standing are all good for the "ultra violence." Royal Rumbles were sorely missed in the last installment. But I don't like Handcap Matches. They just seem to be included to make the one player mode insanely difficult? Does anybody play this match with their friends?
    Still. Good assortment of matches.

Features:

New Buttons/Controls/Camera Angles

The gameplay and control scheme have been tweaked
    Here's hopin'.

Referee
    You know, when I think how long Earl Hebner has been refereeing, I think it's about damned time he got included in a game.

Options
    This is a feature?

Everything will be "WWE"
    I f**king hate Pandas.

Online play isn't necessary. However, I what I would like to see is the ability to download "extras." New costumes and, specifically, new music. Wouldn't it be cool if you could download the themes of yesteryear? The music of the Ultimate Warrior, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Bret Hart?

I notice a lack of commentators, too. But it my opinion that's for the better. If you actually listen to the announcers, most of the time they're not talking about the action in the ring, but rather what's been going on behind the scenes.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

where in the blue hell is Terri....they didnt put her in Raw1 and why dont they put her in games....i want terri!!!!
    and why is it still hollywood hulk hogan....isnt he red and yellow.....The Hulkster???
    Hidden Content

Default Sceptical

I would be very sceptical about this title. It seems to be getting the hype the first release got, and we were so let down. This will definately be a "try before you buy".

Originally posted by goldberg
    where in the blue hell is Terri....they didnt put her in Raw1 and why dont they put her in games....i want terri!!!!
    and why is it still hollywood hulk hogan....isnt he red and yellow.....The Hulkster???
    Well, Terri's just an interviewer. They didn't have Michael Cole last year either. They may have them this year as secret characters. But if not, it isn't that big a loss, is it? I mean, Terri . . . she's kind of puny.

Hogan went back to yellow and red, but kept the Hollywood moniker and music. That was WCW's mistake; they tried to bring Hogan back as the old Hulkster. It made me just want to grab one of them and shake them and scream, "You idiots! You made him the greatest heel in f**king history! You can't turn him back like this and expect it to float!" The way the WWF turned him back was much neater (as in "neat-and-tidy"). It was more due to the fact that fans accepted him en masse.

By the way, is anybody else having trouble logging into the forums at the RAW 2 site? I registered, but they're not letting me log in.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

I'll rent it first, I rented Raw 1 a while ago and it was ok but the lack of features killed it.

Talking Oo! Oo!

From the RAW 2 site:
    The crowd for WWE Raw 2 will be 3-D, unlike the first Raw with its 2-D crowd. The crowd will also be more realistic, by chanting, flashing their cameras, and having different possitions. There is also a rumor that the crowd might even tap your shoulders or reach out to you.
    Hella-Sweet!
    Hidden Content

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Hmm...

Well like most peeps said, Raw 1 was very dissapointing with its sad ass gameplay and boring list of moves and matches, after all the stuff that we got promised and then about a month before its release we hear its all been scapped, hopefully this time around all that stuff is included in the game, hopefully they get rid of that foolish ass Grapple/Reversal system, No mercy is a better game than RAW 1(gameplay wise/grapple and reversals) i hope they take a few notes from that old-school grappler. And as Piccolo said, too bad there is no Online play. I hope THQ doesnt find away to screw this one up all over agian.

Untill next time...

first of all...i visited the site that you gave a link to...which was www.wweraw2.com

anyway, i looked at their modes compared to what xboxowner had down...it didn't even have HALF of what your wrote down...no royal rumble, no last man standing, no guest ref, etc....and also the roster in that site has even LESS chars to choose from....i don't know where you got your info, but you really got my hopes up...and now, i dont know what to think
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Very nice. I find myself perplexed at the lack of an I Quit match (why didn't those every catch on?), but that's forgiveable. TLC (tell me something, if a Ladder match is no DQ, then technically aren't Tables and Chairs legal in every Ladder match?), Hell in a Cell (I don't quite understand the "full-sized" part, but what the Hell), and Last Man Standing are all good for the "ultra violence." Royal Rumbles were sorely missed in the last installment. But I don't like Handcap Matches. They just seem to be included to make the one player mode insanely difficult? Does anybody play this match with their friends?
    Still. Good assortment of matches.
    The WWF or WWE has a special way of thinking when it comes to matches.

Technically a normal ladder match could have Tables and chairs but the creative folks at the WWE found a way to market it to be it's own match. It makes about as much sense as the "hardcore" ladder match they had at SummerSlam last year. I mean if a match has no rules to begin with what exactly does a hardcore match do to it?

A full size HIAc makes a bit more sense if you play wrestling games than what you see on TV. It's rather simple SmackDown 2 and SmackDown 3 had HIAc matches but the ring was covered by the cell on all 4 sides which isn't accurate. Now compare it to the HIAc match in WM x8 which had a huge cell which was lined on the outside of the ring with room in between it and the ring. That is a full size cell.

You only play handicap matches with your friends if you are extremely talented and need something to boast about. I used to do that a lot. Nothing better than winning a 2 on 1 match and rubbing it in their face.

i'm gonna miss stone cold...damn!
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

Thread Information