Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turok or Blade 2?

Default Turok or Blade 2?

I dont know which game to get

let me hear your thoughts about these two games?
    DenniZ
    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/images/hank/burnut.jpg

Well, the only game I've played is Turok thus far. I'm on chapter 5 and loving it.
    -Radar

From the score on IGN, Blade did not get the greatest review (5.2). But who's to trust IGN?

Just look at my sig, and if you don't have any of these games, go out and get one of them or all of them!!
    Hidden Content
    Turok: Evolution kicks serious ass!!!
    Hidden Content
    So does Enclave!!!!!
    Hidden Content

Turok Baby Turok!!

I got it yesterday and am on chapter three, its getting awesome the graphics are killer the A.I. is getting good the wepons are getting better , the dinosaurs are getting bigger and meaner the enivirments are FILLED with wild life many differnt kinds of animals also , from many time periods , Chimps,Babbons, Sifka monkeys, Alligators , frogs ,parrots eagles, T-rexs, Diplodocus ,and a bunch of other dinosaurs, plus the Flying levels Kicks ass with Dogfights and strafing runs on ground troops , it's awesome and IM ONLY ON CHAPTER 3!!!

My only complaint is I whish there were more ontrol options but if you ever played golden eye with the solitaire setting there is one simuliar and the other are like Halo Default I guess, I dunno I play Legacy Inverted
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Can't wait to get this game, I'm going to have my parents pick it up for my birthday on September 8th...

Get what you want, but these are two completlly different games.

The Frew-its of the Devil

DON'T GET BLADE II, It is REALLY bad... And I mean REALLY Freakin bad... like worse than Kabuki Warriors!!!!!!!!
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

i get it, buy turok and not blade 2.
    anyway i really liked the movie blade 2..
    to bad the game doesnt live up to it..
    tnx guys!!!!
    DenniZ
    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/images/hank/burnut.jpg

I'd go with Turok. It's an awesome game.

Thumbs up

I'd have to agree, Turok is one kickass game.

Originally posted by DenniZz81
    to bad the game doesnt live up to it..
    They never do.... they never do.....

Nas

just saw blade 2 last night........LOVED the movie! but the game sux...get Turok!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

My younger brother rented Turok last weekend and I had a chance to get a glimpse of it... Well, that glimpse turned into a 3 hour glimpse! I had a blast! The only reason it wasn't longer was because I had to get home and get to bed so I could work the next day! I'll probably pick this one up.

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    My younger brother rented Turok last weekend and I had a chance to get a glimpse of it... Well, that glimpse turned into a 3 hour glimpse! I had a blast! The only reason it wasn't longer was because I had to get home and get to bed so I could work the next day! I'll probably pick this one up.
    I'll raise a glass to that If you want to kill vampires, pick up buffy. I had a lot more fun with that game

Default niether

rent them first! look for sega gt or dtr too

Exactly, renting kicks @ss! Only exceptions are Halo and Morrowind.
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

DONT GET EATHER!
    Get THE THING!!!
    AwEsOmE Game!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

Originally posted by DOOM
    DONT GET EATHER!
    Get THE THING!!!
    AwEsOmE Game!

I will get The Thing next, but I want the controls the same as Halo. If the game is like the movie, it should be fun.

quote from ign.com review
    n the end, I wanted more from Turok. There were lots of little things I liked, but they never lasted or weren't used enough. And there's just too much that annoys me (some of those textures are terrible upclose and then at other times look great, for example). This is a definite rental, but probably not the best choice to buy sight unseen

Closing on our thoughts here, we think Turok can best be summed up a slightly above average first-person shooter that is home to a number of flaws. Hardcore Turok fans will no doubt find the experience nostalgic and enjoyable, but for many, Evolution will feel ho-hum and even tedious at points. We think that if Acclaim Austin had several more months to polish out the gameplay, it could have definitely been a must-play and even worthy purchase. However, as the final version released to the market stands, it just isn't cutting-edge or polished enough to be considered as such. That isn't to say that Evolution is a bad experience, though. It has its fill of thrilling moments and monster boss battles, but in the scope of things, that will not be enough to appease more demanding gamers.

Thread Information