Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE THING Is FrEaKiNg Awesome On XBOX!!!

Smile THE THING Is FrEaKiNg Awesome On XBOX!!!

I Have Played All Versions & The XBOX Version Is Best By Far!!!
    I HIGHLY Recomend This Game... I Have Been Playing For Five Hours Straight!!!
    GET THIS GAME NOW!!!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

Default Re: THE THING Is FrEaKiNg Awesome On XBOX!!!

Originally posted by DOOM
    I Have Played All Versions & The XBOX Version Is Best By Far!!!
    I HIGHLY Recomend This Game... I Have Been Playing For Five Hours Straight!!!
    GET THIS GAME NOW!!!
    Did you play the PC version?? Do you think that since I don't have an HDTV I should try the PC b4 the Xbox? I'm expecting a non-fanboy answer since its from you Doom.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

It has No Dolby Digital Support and that sucks!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Doom please tell me how the game plays, and some interesting aspects in the game that set it apart from other games.

Currently I am playing Dead to Rights which in my mind one of the best action games ever.

What makes this game the one that i should shell out another 52.49?

thanks
    -Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Originally posted by Knight
    ah really? that blows i was gonna pick up this game, but if it doesnt have DD then i will reconsider it..are you sure it doesn't have it? thanx
    Got boom box?

I returned the Think the same day I got it. The graphics in it aren't very good and the whole game is lacking appeal. It's repetitive and too down right boring.
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

Originally posted by Mercury
    I returned the Think the same day I got it. The graphics in it aren't very good and the whole game is lacking appeal. It's repetitive and too down right boring.
    How far did you get through it though? It gets rather exciting after the first two levels (as they are mainly tutorial boards). You start encountering more enemies, more types of enemies and your teammates become much more spastic.

Originally posted by pounder

ah really? that blows i was gonna pick up this game, but if it doesnt have DD then i will reconsider it..are you sure it doesn't have it? thanx
    Yup No DD suport!!
    I have a set for DD and it does not support it!! 2 Channel Sound only!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

The first 2 levels are kinda slow, but after that, it starts to rock and the whole fear/trust system starts to take effect. The action gets pretty fast and furious as Things start to attack when you least expect it. The game has a lot of unique features like the fact that the coldness outside can kill you. You have to keep going back inside or you'll die!

The developers worked on this game with the master of horror himself, John Carpenter, who directed the movie. Alot of the elements in the game are from the movie. Do your self a favor, and watch the movie. I watched it right before I played the game for the first time, and the similarities are right on.

With a unique fear/trust system, fast Max Payne-style action, and Silent Hill survival horror ambience and plot, The Thing is the perfect blend of 3 game genres and can appeal to alot of different players.

Yup No DD suport!!
    I have a set for DD and it does not support it!! 2 Channel Sound only!!
    well then I probably won't end up getting it..man you spend all this money on the equipment and then they do this crap to ya..well maybe it won't be so bad with 5 channel stereo..have to rent it first..thanx
    Got boom box?

what i wanna know is, is the game actually scary? does it like freak you out sometimes? I was looking forward to this game ever since i saw the trailer in OXM Demo Disc #1

What?? Are you SURE? I just don't believe that The Thing would be the first Xbox game NOT in Dolby Digital.

You Guy's Are NuTz!
    Buy this Game NOW!!!
    The Game Freaking Rocks!!!
    You Dont Get It, Youll Miss Out!!
    A Definite KEEPER!!!

Registered User MageOfTheMatrix's Avatar

Why would you not get a game just because it doesn't have DD? What matters most is the gameplay and then the graphics. What did you do before the xbox came along with 5.1 sound?

By the way, I rented The Thing DVD earlier this year and they actually added surround sound to this 20 year old movie!

I'm up to the 3rd level and I think the game is great so far. I think that you need to see the movie to trully understand the surroundings and the mood, which are done very well in the game.

I can't wait for my teammates to start turning into aliens.

Originally posted by MageOfTheMatrix
    Why would you not get a game just because it doesn't have DD? What matters most is the gameplay and then the graphics. What did you do before the xbox came along with 5.1 sound?

By the way, I rented The Thing DVD earlier this year and they actually added surround sound to this 20 year old movie!

I'm up to the 3rd level and I think the game is great so far. I think that you need to see the movie to trully understand the surroundings and the mood, which are done very well in the game.

I can't wait for my teammates to start turning into aliens.
    im sorry but when it comes to blowing 100 canadian on a game..this makes it or breaks it..i mean come on..your going to chreap out on the DD? 3/4 of my gaming experience is sound..i love it..if the game doesnt have it then I'll be sitting there playing it always *****ing about how it lacks DD5.1..I have the equipment, and prefer to use it to thge full extent..DTR and enclave are both games I would like to get, and both have DD5.1..so why would I settle for a game that doesn't have it? truth be had..i won't..i bought the xbox over the ps2 because of DD5.1, and i intend on using it.
    Got boom box?

Originally posted by pounder

im sorry but when it comes to blowing 100 canadian on a game..this makes it or breaks it..i mean come on..your going to chreap out on the DD? 3/4 of my gaming experience is sound..i love it..if the game doesnt have it then I'll be sitting there playing it always *****ing about how it lacks DD5.1..I have the equipment, and prefer to use it to thge full extent..DTR and enclave are both games I would like to get, and both have DD5.1..so why would I settle for a game that doesn't have it? truth be had..i won't..i bought the xbox over the ps2 because of DD5.1, and i intend on using it.
    Dude, The Sound Is Awesome In This Game, Dont Be A Tard!
    You Would Miss Out On A Awesome Just Because Of No DD?
    What Kind Of Spoiled Brat Gamer Are You!
    I Cant Keep The Game On My Shelves At My Shop,
    Sells Like Crazy!
    BUY THIS GAME!!!
    The Thing RuLeS!

Doom I have read three of your posts on how this game rocks. WHY DOES IT ROCK?

WHAT MAKES ME WANT TO SPEND 52.49 ON IT?

It just seems like you are avoiding my question.

Pounder, DTR is an awesome game, it's a must have for all action fans. I am on chapter 8 a little more than 1/2 through and the game just gets better and better.

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

borka105: I agree with DOOM, The Thing does rock. Look around for a review, I did a short one yesterday on this board.

The game has a lot of unique qualities about it. It's scary; it has a good amount of action(I'm only on the 3rd or 4th level); squad based team gameplay; great mood setting sound and music; the evironment effects your heath, causing you to have to go back inside often or you'll freeze to death.

Rent it.

If you like Max Payne, you'll like it - it has similar gameplay, control, action and environment interactivity.

If you like Silent Hill, you'll like it - has the same horror survival theme and atmosphere as SH.

If you like Half-Life, you probably like it - it has similar enemies, high-tech labs, and similar gameplay.

I can't think of any more games to compare it to.

Bottom line:
    A squad based action/survival horror sci-fi game set in a hostile environment that can kill you if you are not careful. Your team can kill you, each other or themselves if you do not carefully manage them and lead them through the mission. Unique Trust/Fear system, cool graphics, good sound, great environment effects and lots of atmosphere.

Originally posted by DOOM

Dude, The Sound Is Awesome In This Game, Dont Be A Tard!
    You Would Miss Out On A Awesome Just Because Of No DD?
    What Kind Of Spoiled Brat Gamer Are You!
    I Cant Keep The Game On My Shelves At My Shop,
    Sells Like Crazy!
    BUY THIS GAME!!!
    The Thing RuLeS!
    lol spoiled brat..man the game probably does rock and thats why i'll rent it first..but I'm taking a stand against game manufacturers..if they think they can cut corners and still sell me a game their wrong..I mainly bought the xbox for the DD5.1 sound..if you aren't enjoying this feature then I would have to say you are the brat gamer..
    Got boom box?

ya it is, i just bought it!!!!!!!!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Owned And Operated by Yours Truely

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Thread Information