Thread: Which new 3-D fighter do you think will be the best?

Default Which new 3-D fighter do you think will be the best?

Barbarian
    X-Men: Next Dimension
    Kakuto Chojin
    Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
    Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus
    UFC Tapout 2
    Soul Calibur 2
    PrideFC
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Ps2)
    Capcom's newly-announced 3-D collection fighter
    Dead Or Alive 4
    Virtua Fighter: Evolution (Xbox)
    Fighting Vipers weapons-based fighter
    Spike Out X-treme (arena mode, if it's there)
    Fighter Maker 2 (Ps2)

Out of all these I'd expect DOA4 to be the best, but that is just my personal opinion. You know after 4 tries they ought to be able to get it right.
    Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
    - Parkinson's Law

Several of those will be good. I'd like more info on the new Capcom game and the rumoured Fighting Vipers game. Hopefully Rare will make a new improved Killer Instinct.

New new? As in nonsequel? Kakuto Chojin.
    Overall? Soul Calibur 2. Sequel to one of the best fighting games ever. One of the best games ever period.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

Best Original - TaoFeng
    Best Sequel - Mortal Kombat Deadly Aliiance

Boon and Tobias will always make great fighting games, if they are on a team or not. Another game that I am excited about is Kakuto Chojin, which seems a lot like Toa Feng from what I hear, and Soul Calibur 2. I have never played SC1, but I hear it was great, so a sequel for Xbox must be great, right?

Games that I won't even think of? DOA4, Barbarian, and VF4. DOA is awlays terrible with no good story mode, Barbarian looks terrible graphics wise, and VF just dones't do it for me.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

twoToma, I have one question to ask you. Are you sick or something? Now first of all, I agree that games like Kakuto chojin and soul calibur 2 will be great. But I totally disagree on your comments about vf4 and doa4. First of all, I think the doa series is the best that I've seen in a fighting game. It's the only fighting game I've played that feels like actual 3d. Most fighting games I've played either have ring outs, or the players are inside cages or fences, something like that. And I find it silly that you hate DOA because of the story mode, when the game has far more things that easily compensate for the short story mode. And Doa does have a good story mode. Also, why do you hate Vf4? Is it because it's too difficult for you? I love the vf series and can't wait to get it for the xbox if there's an xbox version coming up. Some people really hate vf because they feel that the game is too difficult for them. Is that your reason? And one more thing, I noticed in your games hated list that you had Jsrf. Come on, man. That game is awesome. Do you hate it because you find grinding on the rails difficult? Or do you hate it because you feel like the game is trying to copy off tony hawk or some other stupid extreme skate boarding or biking game? Now, I apologize if you felt insulted by what I said, but I can't see why you hate the games I mentioned. Oh well, everyone has their own opinions.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Originally posted by Brutal Grace
    Several of those will be good.
    Like Brutal Grace said Several of those games will be good. I have good hopes for Soul Calibur 2, Dead Or Alive 4, Kakuto Chojin, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.

Exclamation

Hmm...

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance-- rebirth of a legend
    Kakuto Chojin-- finally, a new fighting series...
    Soul Calibur 2-- sequel to one of the greatest fighters ever
    Dead or Alive 4-- if Tecmo uses a new combat system
    Virtua Fighter 4.1-- heavily rumored for Xbox
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Kakutou Chojin
    DOA Code: Cronus

One of them for sure.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Soul calibur 2, and marvel vs. capcom 2 and the rumored 3. I love capcom fighting games.

overall thoough.......soul calibur 2......hands down.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Cool

I say Fighting Vipers , 3rd time lucky
    Last edited by mmichael0; 10-17-2002 at 02:00 PM.
    Nothing in life is free, even free Speech comes at a cost.
    We have to hear words we may not like, statements we do not agree with or/& do not wish to hear.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Soul Calibur 2 will be the best by far.

Thread Information