Thread: Any hope about Thief III ??

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Default Any hope about Thief III ??

Are we getting Thief III (Xbox) ?? The website (www.thief3.com) still display the coming soon message. Anyone got something about this sneak title ??
    Back into the world of gaming.

I don't think they made any announcements at E3. That means it probably won't be out in 2002.

I imagine they were going to use the same graphics engine as Thief 2 and then decided it couldn't compete against Splinter Cell. They will probably spend the rest of 2002 porting the game to a modern graphics engine and we'll see the title 1Q2003 at the earliest.

Yes, I have great hope that this title will see the light of day...eventually. The Thief franchise has a unique and distinguished history. The genre is compelling. It must not die.

I hope it comes to the xbox since I LOVE the thief games. They are on my top 3 of all time. I don't think I will get it for the xbox since I find the controls in these kinda games annoying= 2 sticks for movement. The precision can soon go out the window. And In heavy action talk about panic. That's why I wont buy, for instance, Hitman 2 for the xbox (I have it for the pc) since it uses similar control as I believe Thief III will. The mouse and keyboard are the best for these kinda FPS games.
    But I still hope the publish it for the xbox only to boost the number of titles available
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:
    Halo 2 | Deus Ex 2 | DOOM 3 | Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Thread Information