Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baldur's gate is a must for RPG fans

Thumbs up Baldur's gate is a must for RPG fans

Review here.
    I got it last night, and playted it for several hours with a friend and love it, and since its only the 2nd RPG for the Xbox, its a must. I really like the top down hack~slash fest.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

some quick Q's about this game. If anyone can answer them, I'd appreciate it.

1) how many hours of gameplay?
    2) 2 player co-op on XBOX ??
    3) how does it compare to Diablo (as far as gameplay)
    4) level up is similar to a Diable type game, or similar to Baldur's Gate for PC?

Thanks!

I'm getting this in about a half an hour, looks good I just hope it's longer than the PS2 version. I don't know how I'm gonna find time to play this though seeing as Deathrow is consuming all of my time.

Originally posted by symposiumx
    some quick Q's about this game. If anyone can answer them, I'd appreciate it.

1) how many hours of gameplay?
    2) 2 player co-op on XBOX ??
    3) how does it compare to Diablo (as far as gameplay)
    4) level up is similar to a Diable type game, or similar to Baldur's Gate for PC?

Thanks!
    1) Dont know and cant find,,,,goood Q. I beat games fast most of the time, so I will get back to you.
    2)yes 2 player and if I may say its better that way.
    3)Well theres the rub-Its kind of like it in that its a top down H&S but the inventory and leveling up are dif. Its b/c of the use of new D&D rules. So its little things like your inventory it weigth not just the size of a box. And the archer sucks its to hard to aim in BG but in D I am always the archer.
    3) Its a little of both but more of DG for PC. And again I feal that it has been dumd down a bit.

But the game is still a great buy.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Default Quick question

I got this game yesterday, played it for a few hours, a very good game I might add. Anyways I can't figure out how to use recall potions!! I go to the inventory menu, highlight the potion, try to equip it and nothing happens....Is this a glitch or is it just my game?

Originally posted by Brevity

1) Dont know and cant find,,,,goood Q. I beat games fast most of the time, so I will get back to you.
    2)yes 2 player and if I may say its better that way.
    3)Well theres the rub-Its kind of like it in that its a top down H&S but the inventory and leveling up are dif. Its b/c of the use of new D&D rules. So its little things like your inventory it weigth not just the size of a box. And the archer sucks its to hard to aim in BG but in D I am always the archer.
    3) Its a little of both but more of DG for PC. And again I feal that it has been dumd down a bit.

But the game is still a great buy.
    Thank you for helping me out with those Q's.
    I agree, playing 2 player on these games is where the REAL fun is at! Nothing like running for your life frantically trying to help your partner get away from some huge mob of undead or some such travesty.
    I don't mind a little more simplistic gameplay for Baldur's on the console. Especially with 2-player I think the complexities of the PC versions of Baldur's Gate would be a little tricky and/or create a much slower game.

Default Re: Quick question

Originally posted by studepaber
    I got this game yesterday, played it for a few hours, a very good game I might add. Anyways I can't figure out how to use recall potions!! I go to the inventory menu, highlight the potion, try to equip it and nothing happens....Is this a glitch or is it just my game?

Press Start its an option there.

Thank you for helping me out with those Q's.
    I agree, playing 2 player on these games is where the REAL fun is at! Nothing like running for your life frantically trying to help your partner get away from some huge mob of undead or some such travesty.
    I don't mind a little more simplistic gameplay for Baldur's on the console. Especially with 2-player I think the complexities of the PC versions of Baldur's Gate would be a little tricky and/or create a much slower game.
    Ya and in 2P we found a glitch..When me friend would get on top of boxs to avoid hits the bad guys would try to get him and leave me to give them an axe enima from brom behind. You would think they would turn around but htey dont, easy kills on bog badies.

Ya and in 2P we found a glitch..When me friend would get on top of boxs to avoid hits the bad guys would try to get him and leave me to give them an axe enima from brom behind. You would think they would turn around but htey dont, easy kills on bog badies.
    maybe bog badies just have a fetish for axe enimas? hahaha

maybe bog badies just have a fetish for axe enimas? hahaha
    lol

so there is a female mage and a male fighter? oh yeah...and a suckie archer?

what about a cleric? or is healing take place in the form of potions?

so there is a female mage and a male fighter? oh yeah...and a suckie archer?

what about a cleric? or is healing take place in the form of potions?
    Ya know kidding I want the archer but I want him to be a fighter. I am the dwarf now, he looks like GIMLY--sp? from LOTR..lol

Ya know kidding I want the archer but I want him to be a fighter. I am the dwarf now, he looks like GIMLY--sp? from LOTR..lol
    you mean the main angry dwarf dude from the movie?

so healing is just by potions?
    I think i'll go buy this game today after work. and maybe pick up another game also. Maybe hitman 2. I want that game. And commandos 2 (but i think i'll trade to xboxstop for that one)

Gimli, the stout-hearted axe-man who comes to represent the Khazad, the dwarves of Middle-earth, played by John Rhys-Davies.

Gimli, the stout-hearted axe-man who comes to represent the Khazad, the dwarves of Middle-earth, played by John Rhys-Davies.
    Ya thats the one and no healing is also a internal ability in Gimli.

Ya thats the one and no healing is also a internal ability in Gimli.
    so is it like Baldur's on the PC (where you hit a pause, go into the menu, ect) or is it like diablo (with hotkeys/quick select)

ITs like Diablo and you can assign every button your self. I made the whole thing like HALO.

ITs like Diablo and you can assign every button your self. I made the whole thing like HALO.
    Very cool. I'm sold...I'm buying it in 3 hours.
    If i end not not liking it, I'll just have to beat your @ss!! LOL

seriously though, thank you for all the information!

Youll love it. Tell me though.

Youll love it. Tell me though.
    I'll let ya know monday. This weekend is devoted to playing games and getting laid

Thread Information