Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man this Splinter Cell demo rules!!

Default Man this Splinter Cell demo rules!!

Fantastic gameplay in this game, even from the small bit of the game I've been able to play.

I preordered the game and in canada you get a free demo disk.

You start out at night in a courtyard of a police station. of course they put you right behind a gate where you can see the RIDICULOUS real-time lighting.

I then picked up a pop can and threw it at a light, knocking it out. Man, it's a little dark out here now, so I switch on my nightvision goggles (amazing black and white pencil effect that rules). There's a staircase going down and a door. Deciding to check the rest of my gadgets I pull out my handy "snake cam". i throw it under the door and notice a guard pretty close.

whip open the door and take him out with a silenced pistol shot to the head. right now i'm thinking "this game is amazing!"

you head upstairs and have to do a few other things like killing people, picking up and using a medkit, picking a lock, knocking out a camera, etc.

there are a couple parts where you walk through curtains and it has to be one of the best graphic effects ever, they are flawlessly done and move very realistically.

i tried sneaking up on a guy and taking him hostake, it's really neat too. if you get tired of him you just hit trigger again to knock him out with a pistol whip.

Sound is amazing. You pick up a body and hear him grunt and get a little short of breath. I have a good surround sound setup and had fun listening to a radio from all angles, I stood in one place and spun around a bit, hearing the radio come from all sides of my surround sound. voice acting is very good, he has a tough sound, but cool.

split jump is pretty neat too, although I didn't use it to get the jump on anyone yet.

You can also hang on pipes, crouch, peek around corners, open the door stealthily.

overall after one level of play, i'd say the game is going to sell a LOT of copies, and i personally can't wait.

-jarvis
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    Learn to swim...
    -Tool

That's it, I want that game now!!

A proud day for Xbox. and many more to come.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

they have it at EB and i played it there today and yesterday (cause they didnt get ƒucking goddamm Deathrow in yet!) and the lighting effects are insane. Controls are easy, but I didnt notice if the Y axis was inverted the first time i played it...but it was today...this isnt a flight simulator, wtf?

Anyway, i went down the stairs and did a jump split between 2 walls in a hallway and shot some dude in the head...it was fun.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    they have it at EB and i played it there today and yesterday (cause they didnt get ƒucking goddamm Deathrow in yet!) and the lighting effects are insane. Controls are easy, but I didnt notice if the Y axis was inverted the first time i played it...but it was today...this isnt a flight simulator, wtf?

Anyway, i went down the stairs and did a jump split between 2 walls in a hallway and shot some dude in the head...it was fun.
    my disk had normal Y axis. it's customizable perhaps.

-jarvis
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    Learn to swim...
    -Tool

Originally posted by Jarvis

my disk had normal Y axis. it's customizable perhaps.

-jarvis

Yes, thats what i was thinking, but I did not check the start menu, i was just messing around...kind of weird how the glass in that one room does not break...

I cant wait to get this demo! How are the framerates?

Originally posted by hook-worm J
    I cant wait to get this demo! How are the framerates?
    no slowdown from what i played...but hardly anything was going on.

my fav part was near the end.....I went upstairs and crept behind that guy at the desk(in the dark room) and grabbed him....then his friend stood up and tried to shoot me but was shooting his friend so I just shot him in the head....lol I love this game it's so damn fun...I love making everything dark and then throwing a pop can and then they check it out and I side stepped one of the guys when he came and grabbed him from behind it was awesome
    GOTY, imho
    beats the hell out of mgs2 but where did u do the split jump? in the beginning with all of those fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling and the prisoner guy behind bars screaming "no dont kill meeeee" or where?

Originally posted by Ulchie
    my fav part was near the end.....I went upstairs and crept behind that guy at the desk(in the dark room) and grabbed him....then his friend stood up and tried to shoot me but was shooting his friend so I just shot him in the head....lol I love this game it's so damn fun...I love making everything dark and then throwing a pop can and then they check it out and I side stepped one of the guys when he came and grabbed him from behind it was awesome
    GOTY, imho
    beats the hell out of mgs2 but where did u do the split jump? in the beginning with all of those fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling and the prisoner guy behind bars screaming "no dont kill meeeee" or where?
    last staircase. if you try it too high up you'll just end up grabbing the pipe. start like halfway down the stairs.

-jarvis
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    Learn to swim...
    -Tool

Default wow

WOW. This sounds amazing, i simply cannot wait for this game. By the way, is there a solid release date yet?
    I'm the ill type, stab myself in the head with a steel spike. I don't want to die a normal death, I want to be killed twice. Stop my blood flow til my veins clot, I need a pain shot, and a shot and a shot of plain scotch. Purple haze and acid raindrops.

This game sounds amazing.....

I hope it is all that they say it's going to be and more.

Thanks, Jarvis! I can't wait to get this game!

Are you afraid? So am I! XBX_Junior_XBX's Avatar

Wondering where did you get the demo? What magazine?

Originally posted by XBX_Junior_XBX
    Wondering where did you get the demo? What magazine?
    got it free from EB. if you preorder splinter cell in canada EB stores you get the demo free.

-jarvis
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
    Learn to swim...
    -Tool

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

Default Throwing the can

Okay, yall are going to think I'm stupid, but I can't figure out how to throw the can. When i try to throw it, it just drops from my hand.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

go into target mode (press X)
    then pull the right trigger
    :P
    Hidden Content
    add, confirm, corrections, PM me

I have the demo too guys. Flippin' incredable! MAN OH MAN!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FULL VERSION!!! I'm almost goin nutz.......no joke....

"That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

lol I had the same prob for like 2 min and then I realized.....i pressed x and then aimed....lol that's how I knock out lights all the time.....I love it in the first hallway that ur in(after u go through the door)
    I do that thing.....u know up on the walls....one foot on each wall holding me up...and then the gaurd comes by, and I drop down and hit him on the head
    it's so damn fun....must buy, maybe even GOTY, either this or mechassault anyways.

nah
    unless this game gets more press, GTA Vice city will be game of the year (according to sales, ALL SOLD OUT according to the news), and Sony and Rockstar are rolling around in money, laughing at all their little lemmings...

Hidden Content
    add, confirm, corrections, PM me

Thread Information