Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whose Got It?

Default Whose Got It?

So guys. its thursday...whose got their XBox...i dont yet, i'm waiting for Future Shope to send it to me.....

Do you guys have yours?

Getting mine today at 10 a.m. Reserved bundle at Kaybee toys. Hoooorrrraahhahaahahh!!
    ****HONDA ROCKS****

I got it! I didn't pre-order so I was worried. Went to Walmart at 11:00pm and they had already given them out at 6 and I was ****ed! So I went to K-mart and they had only 11 and I put my name into a hat. There was like 200 people there and I got one! It's great. They had crappy games only like one or two so I decided to wait. I would be up all night anyways and had to get to work today but after work I should be able to pick something up....least I got the console. It means so much more when you have to "fight" to get it rather than just walking in to get it!

-BK

Talking I got one!

Got to WalMart at 10:00 PM

(I called, they said it was a raffle.. Tried calling 1-800-Walmart like suggested in here, they said it was up to store managers)

There were maybe 100 people there, and 18 XBox's.. I had my wife and mom with me, so we had three numbers. We all got called, and gave two numbers to less fortunate people that didn't get their number called.

I bought the box, an extra controller and NFL Fever 2002. They didn't have a large selection of games, but I am very happy with Fever..
    Thanks,

Rich

Not Quite Merridian, Idaho - And YES the potatos are fine lol... no I'm not a hick, I'm a Californian who had to move here... LOL

dads letting me stay home from school until it come so i can sign for it. im gonna play a bit before i goto school though
    IusedtobeschizophrenicbutIwenttothedoctor...We'reOKnow.
    HeydontsayImcrazy!!!9outofthe10voicesinmyheadtellmeimsane...
    Bytheway,I'mdylsexic...butIfindthathiralious...soitsOK.

Hey gang. First post, but hopefully I'll become a regular poster.

The wonderful world of Walmart at midnight. I arrived at about 9:00 and to my surprise, the place was empty. That didn't last long, though.

By the time 11:30 rolled around, at least 100 people were lined up, but the only problem was that the store had only been alotted 14 consoles.

Oh well. I was first in line, so it didn't matter.

I got Halo, PGR, DoA3, Munch's Odyssey, and Nascar Thunder 2K as well.

I played last night, but unfortunately I am now at work--yes, us "old timers" are gamers as well, so I have to put off playing until 6:00 tonight. Grrrr.

Talking

Was first in line at EB Lakeland 8:00am. Started my fever with FEVER. Sorry EA I will never look back to Madden (whatever) again.

Originally posted by VAN
    --yes, us "old timers" are gamers as well, so I have to put off playing until 6:00 tonight. Grrrr.
    haha.. know what you mean... I'm 30, and the lady at the counter asked if it was for my kids. uhhh.. No! It's for me.. maybe if I am nice, I'll get Shrek for the kids, but for now it's all mine! haha
    Thanks,

Rich

Originally posted by rich.foreman

haha.. know what you mean... I'm 30, and the lady at the counter asked if it was for my kids. uhhh.. No! It's for me.. maybe if I am nice, I'll get Shrek for the kids, but for now it's all mine! haha
    Sweet! I'm not *that* old afterall. I'm soon to be 28, but I just can't kick this video game disease.

I'll look forward to your posts, Rich. I just can't relate to these younger folks anymore.

Default ..

So... I only want to know one Thing... Does it crash?

Too many rumours about it.. I dont believe any, but still, thats would be the only reason _not_ to buy this awesome console...

But only thing is that im in europe.. so Im gonna have, loong wait till XBox...

Default not that I have seen

In my limited experience (4 full games of NFL Fever 2002 last night, and about 6 full games at BestBuy and Walmart), it did not crash on me once.

I would hope this is a rumor, but I guess only time will tell..
    Thanks,

Rich

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Yes! I got mine! I'm 26, so I'm not much younger than you "old timers"

Though, I did something that I could not believe...I started waiting in line at 5:30pm on the 14th and stayed there all night until 7:00am November 15th!!! I was first in line...three other hardcore XBox "addicts" showed up at 9:00pm (which was 3 1/2 hours after me!!) and then more and more people started gathering as the hours went slowly on by.

There were only 10 XBoxes available and there was about 15 people (After several left - but people waited just in case anyone decided to leave...believe it or not, one of the people within the first 10 actually left!!!!! Probably an emergency since he speeded off in his truck). I have been awake for over 26 hours now and I am at work trying to put in 9 hours

Honestly, I don't think I will even be able to play it tonight...I'm so tired now that my adrenaline has worn off...but, rest assured! I have my XBox (Pardon if this sounds lame - about not being able to play tonight...but, it's the brutal truth...I'm pooped ....I thought I would have more energy than I actually do...I can barely keep my eyes open)

blub blub blub

Ahhh, its good to see other "old timers" like myself. I'm 32 and my boy is 5 today He can't wait to play DOA3 and fight Daddy...he'll probably win too, you know how those kids are..LOL

Talking Got it

My wife just stopped by my office to show me that she had indeed picked up my xbox. Got oddworld, PGR, and they let her swap out THPS for DOA. Only bad thing was they did not have any copies of fever and I had preordered it too. Have to wait on that one I guess.

Default Got mine, but waiting till Xmas to open it

I am a first time poster on this forum, but have been reading it for awhile.

I got my Xbox from Ebgames preorder and did not even open the box. I promised myself that it would be a Christmas present to me and the kids and it will stay locked away in the closet until then.

I got PGR, Halo, Munch, Madden, TonyHawk, and DOA3.

I can't wait till Xmas morning.

Last edited by Wolf1171; 11-15-2001 at 01:34 PM.

****** I am in the uk to, i have to wait for another like 4 months so i want to hear lotso tales of ur xboxes ok.
    XBOX RULZ
    GAMECUBE SUX
    NUFF SAID

Default Re: Got mine, but waiting till Xmas to open it

Originally posted by Wolf1171
    I promised myself that it would be a Christmas present to me and the kids and it will stay locked away in the closet until then.

I got PGR, Halo, Munch, Madden, TonyHawk, and DOA3.

I can't wait till Xmas morning.

Do you think you will last?? My wife tried that once on me but it didnt last I had to play ( not the xbox ).

I preorderd pgr and fever and neither were shipped to me. well at least I have doa3 and halo and munch so I will be happy till wed. But football would have been nice for the weekend. Maybe I will try to rent it..lol
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

The last time I tried this was with the N64 and it killed me but I just kept myself busy all the way to Xmas with work and then took that week off with vacation so I could play, play, play.

Thats what I am planning to do this time also.

I guess I am the old fart here 45 in 9 days. Started gaming 30 years ago with a game called 'Thinking Mans Football' (dice and board game) tried electric football and just about everything else in between for both FB and BB. I thought I found the pot of gold with XOR's NFL Challenge but they droped dead. Then stumbled upon *ierra's FB series. With Lorne Sundby's utilities it was all you could ask for. But when the made the jump to 3d they might as well have jumped in the crapper. So for 4 years I really tried to like, understand, put up with EA's "polished turd" called Madden(whatever)and finally figured out that EA gave a **it less about real football than *ierra did. So when MS hired Pat Cook (The leader of the FBPRO series) I figured that maybe MS was going to get it right. Fever 2000 was **** close. Fever '02 is even closer to a football gamers heaven. (Rumor has it we may see Fever '03 for both X-Box and PC as well.) If not with BB coming next summerand another year under MS's belt next years product will even be better. 2 things to add for next years version 1. Play Editor, 2. The ability to transfer stats and rosters to a PC to be able to print them out. MS can that be under next years Christmas Tree ??????????

Thanks for letting an old-fart rant. I've got the FEVER and don't want no CURE.

Cool

Well, I too am an older gamer, I guess...29.
    I just bought my xbox at the local Best Buy.
    However, the experience I had made me feel
    kinda sad for some of the hardships being endured by
    some of you folks.

Well for starters i walked into one of San Antonio's BestBuys
    at 1:00 pm today to the sight of at least ......50.....yes 50 boxes.

No rush no fuss. I got to tqlking to one of theguys. He said that store received 190 units! He also mentioned that people had been in line since 11 last night. If they only knew.
    But I do understand some people make an event out of the camping out....oh yeah it's been storming in SA since yesterday evening.....Well they didn't have HALO so as of now I just have the box to look at.

Thread Information