Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vice City--what's the big deal?

davidx

Sleeping Vice City--what's the big deal?

What's the big deal about Vice City?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it's just another version in the GTA series.

What are the major differences? More vehicles? The ability to enter buildings? Is it as ridiculously (sp) hard as the pt. 3?

Then again, who cares. I don't even own a PS2...yet!!!

Xman D

Banned

motorcycles, walking in buildings is a big deal.

Are you afraid? So am I! XBX_Junior_XBX's Avatar

what, hum, are you insane?? This game is just awesome. This is the best game of the world. Just play the game and you will see how this new sequel is different from the first one!!! : P

I would rather play a level in splinter and accomplish an awesome goal, then walk around cluelessly in gta with a flamethrower and burn things.

Doesn't really appeal as "cool" to me.

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Originally posted by borka105
    I would rather play a level in splinter and accomplish an awesome goal, then walk around cluelessly in gta with a flamethrower and burn things.

Doesn't really appeal as "cool" to me.

-Borka105
    Hey are you getting Mech Assault??

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

I dunno. The bottom line was I had $500, and I could have easily bought a ps2 and several games, or a gamecube and several games, but I chose the xbox because of the games it has.

GTA must have something that makes million and millions of people buy it, but it doesn't appeal to me.

that's all
    -Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

The Heavenly Addict!!!

I thought part 3 was hard as hell. I had vice city in my hand last night and put it back. I don't have time for long, hard games. If thet had a code to unlock all missions and cities I would buy it in a minute.

I played it last night. The game is fun and I would buy it if it was on my console...but I have one HUGE MAJOR gripe about this game.

BTW the only reason this game is so 'cool' is because of the hype. The graphics are not the best, the animations are all right but are kinda off...and the story line builds but never really feel fluid.

Anyway like I said its a great game and I would buy it because I've enjoyed the series since day 1 but what bugs me about this is when you run around in GTA Vice City it looks like you're stoned while playing the game.

The camera is very wishy washy and the graphics on screen smear like there is no tomorrow. I couldn't believe how smeared the graphics are. I've noticed PS2 uses a lot of this smear/trails effect...but in this game its just unforgiving!

Great game...but lose the friggin smear thing!
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

I read somewhere that you can turn off the anti-aliasing (smearing). I don't know if this is true though. Usually options like that are reserved for PC games, and not consoles.

Originally posted by Woocifer
    I played it last night. The game is fun and I would buy it if it was on my console...but I have one HUGE MAJOR gripe about this game.

BTW the only reason this game is so 'cool' is because of the hype. The graphics are not the best, the animations are all right but are kinda off...and the story line builds but never really feel fluid.

Anyway like I said its a great game and I would buy it because I've enjoyed the series since day 1 but what bugs me about this is when you run around in GTA Vice City it looks like you're stoned while playing the game.

The camera is very wishy washy and the graphics on screen smear like there is no tomorrow. I couldn't believe how smeared the graphics are. I've noticed PS2 uses a lot of this smear/trails effect...but in this game its just unforgiving!

Great game...but lose the friggin smear thing!
    Did you know that the graphics on the pc version of GTA3 are alot better then Vice City, just wait for the pc version if you like this game!?

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

What about people in GTA: Vice City ? When i'm going to my friend's house, then he show me the big hit (GTA 3), it's cool but what is just weird, is about the people in city. There are all the same !! What i'm talking about is when you cross a corner, don't be surprise if you see 2 old mans exactly the SAME. You can also see up to 4 clones at time. So what about in GTA: Vice City ? I'm wondering if they make something like Morrowind... (unique character each one)
    Back into the world of gaming.

davidx

Good point Shadow. If all the citizens in the city look the same, that's soooh weak.

Morrowind had great unique characters, MAFIA (coming to Xbox soon!) has different-looking people all over the city, so why doesn't Vice (or does it)?

I'll wait the 8 months 'till it comes to PC. Argh.

X

Default GTA:VC=Most OVERRATED GAME EVER!

First off, I've been an avid fan of the GTA series since Pt. 1 and GTA3 and VC csme as a disappointment to me...why you ask? because the combat BLOWS! Gimmie a break! You shoot one gang member and the rest of them just stand there like nothing happened. It moves very choppy. Missions are ho hum repeats over and over again...the graphics are horrible, the soundtrack is crappy, I don't see what's so great about this one...
    Xbox Games I Own...

Halo, Capcom vs. SnK EO , Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Crazy Taxi 3, Buffy, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Hitman 2

Games I'm playing most...
    Unreal Championship - LIVE is addictive
    Quake 3 Arena - (pc) play about 5 mins less per day than UC
    Hitman 2

Add me to your frends list if you play Unreal on LIVE, I sold Ghost Recon cause it was simply a hype machine to match SOCOM, instead I opted for something for more ORIGINAL...the first online fighting game EVER in the USA!

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

i thought this game was pretty damn good... me and my friend might be trading ps2 for xbox for like a week or something cuz i liked vice city so much....

NOW... the graphics are not that great and the animation ESPECIALLY the running is kind of bad.... but the game is just fun... all the slow mo cams when u take jumps on a bike or in a car is just plain cool... and the missions are pretty fun.....

one thing that was wicked when i was playing was i was driving in the middle of the street and jumped out of my car and an oncoming car nailed me and sent me launching into the river... it was soooo cool and hilarious... i dunno this game is just fun... i would buy it if i had a ps2.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

the trails and things of that nature is labeled "blur" in the display prefrences...u can turn it on and off.

yes their are MANY things about this game that could be fixed.
    grahix,clipping. etc etc..

but the game is fun as hell.
    and the soundtrack is probably the best to date in any game.
    (no i'm not a fan of 80's music) but i do wish the kept the scarface tracks from gta3.

and as for it being hard.
    yea..it sho the hell is.
    thats fine by me. i don't really want a cake walk.

Default Just another way of lookin at it

Its a easy way to get 5+ million dollars but look at it like this.

If this game was on the Xbox, Xbox could have just done what they did with DOA3 and came out with a updater and gave you new cars and a new place. i mean the diffence between this game and the 3rd one is just a couple little things. i think its just pathic on PS2's part that they didn't help out and come up with more crap for it

Default Just goes to show

This game is kind of confusing

why would they put out a game with car and weapon updates

Just goes to show if this title was on the XBOX they wouldn't of had to make a new game (Then again it is a easy way to make millions). all they would have to do is exacty what they did with DOA3 just come out with a update for it on a demo disk or something. They should have atleast had it multiplayer or something add some spice into this game...... the franchise won't last long if they keep realeasing the same game over and over again

davidx

Thumbs down hate to say this but...

You guys are sooh right. I finally played GTA VC and realize how over-rated the game is.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a PS2 hater. I was actually gonna spend the cash and get a PS2 just for this game. I really fell victim to all the hype.

The game's fun and all but my MAJOR beefs with the game are that it's GRAPHICS BLOW. GTA3 for PC looks sooooooh much better. If Vice City was on Xbox, it'd be a different story. Even when you go into buildings, the graphics just plain suck.

I was super-disapointed with the game after only an 1 hour of play. Yeah it's fun, but my PC and XBox have set a personal standard for graphics and gameplay.

I'm fine waiting the 8 months until this game comes out for PC. Until then I'll play the killer titles we have coming out THIS MONTH!!!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Game developers dont know what gamers want in video games...

I want to be able to walk down a street and kill 30 people, then get in a car and drive over 25 more and race down the street...I dont want to do a stupid linear mission...

The Heavenly Addict!!!

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    Game developers dont know what gamers want in video games...

I want to be able to walk down a street and kill 30 people, then get in a car and drive over 25 more and race down the street...I dont want to do a stupid linear mission...

Actually in Vice City, you can do that

Thread Information