Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sign This Gamespot Petition.

Default Sign This Gamespot Petition.

Please watch the launguage when you leave a remark because I want them to know mature people are signing this petition. This is my petition and trust me when I say they will be getting this!

Splinter Cells 8.6 and Steel Battalions 7.3 were the last draw. Those are ridiculous scores compared to other reviewers, they are way too inconsistant and this time they have gone too far.

http://www.petitiononline.com/broc33/petition.html
    Last edited by Xaminor; 11-26-2002 at 12:29 AM.
    I don't have a signature yet.

Dude, take your pathetic stuff elsewhere.

For once I actually agree with the majority over at TXB, which is that this is crap. A review is an OPINION not a fact. You don't like their reviews, don't read them. It's that simple.

No thanks
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by carlbme
    Dude, take your pathetic stuff elsewhere.

For once I actually agree with the majority over at TXB, which is that this is crap. A review is an OPINION not a fact. You don't like their reviews, don't read them. It's that simple.
    You don't agree with anything. The majority of the people that have visited the thread over there have signed a few others (like you) haven't signed and gave a post just like yours.

Although you guys at least deserve an explanation of why I am doing this, so don't get mad, because I just want them to change the way they are reviewing and this is why.

What I plan on doing is Writing up a long complaint to GS about the way they are doing their scoring and I have gathered up literally hundreds of reviews of games such as the Xbox version of Rocky, Splinter Cell, Steel Battalion, Shenmue (on the DC, they gave it a 7.8 and yes Sega use to be the victim to them), and I am researching several others. I am completely committed to this, and my letter to them, and their response will be posted in this thread.

My ultimate goal is to get them to change the way they are reviewing games because it is making Xbox games look bad. They should review Xbox games as a game in general and not what they feel the system can accomplish.

In one hand they will give a great PS2 game that is fun but nothing technically immpressive a great score and in another hand they will give a great game on the Xbox that isn't even possible on the PS2 a lower score than that great PS2 game. The buggy Vice City compared to Splinter Cell for instance, and sure we realize that they score games depending on the system, but others don't realize this and it makes people think that GTA 3.1 is a better game than Splinter Cell which in turn misleads people.

It would be like them saying that a Honda Accord is a 10 and not mention anything of its class and then give a Lamborghini Diablo an 8 because the competition for the Lamborghini is more stiff.

Now think about that last sentence and keep in mind that the PS2 and Xbox are actually both comparable in price and are actually in competition with one another.

I basically want them to review games based on how good of a game it is overall, not just a good Xbox game. When they give Vice City almost a perfect score and then give Splinter Cell an 8.6 it misleads people to believe that Vice City isn't leagues above Splinter Cell and this just isn't true, especially technically, as a matter of fact it isn't even close technically and if you think about it Vice City is just a rehash with several bugs. If you don't beleive me about the bugs Read Tech TV's Extended Play and if you don't believe them watch the show, because they actually show the bugs and these bugs are the reason it got a 4 out of 5 followed by MGS 2: Substances and Splinter Cells 5 out of 5's.

They are inconsistant
    No big deal, I don't hate them, or anything, and I don't want people giving bad remarks to them when they sign the petition. I just want to let them know how I and others feel and maybe they will change it.

Look they aren't bad reviewers and I gaurentee you they would be the first to admitt SC is at least as good as Vice City but after reading the reviews of both games you wouldn't know this. They basically review games depending on the system so it makes it seem as if VC is leagues ahead of SC which just isn't true.

Sorry you don't agree, don't sign. No one is forcing you to sign or even read my posts for that matter.
    Last edited by Xaminor; 11-23-2002 at 01:24 AM.

I signed it.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

We can't do anything..It's there site.

OMG. What do you people do?! Look @ a score and don't read why they think that? Well, than you deserve to hate them. You guys just go by a score and think they are wrong without LOOKING FOR THE FLAWS! @ least one guy said dont listen to them if you dont want 2... Anyways, whoever signs the pention has a serious problem...

Dude until you have played Steel Battalion and then read that they gave the game (I believe) a 4 in replay value, you would know it was bs too.

Just for the record/

Steel Batallion Average = 96.25% Gamespot Review = 73.00%
    Splinter Cell Average = 97.71% Gamespot Review = 86.00%

MaxPain

Xaminor I agree that their review scores are pretty sad.. And I don't think your overdoing it having a petition... Although I don't think it will accomplish much... good luck..

yeah its BS but signing a petition.... you have a better chance of turning a PS2 fanboy into an xbox fanboy than you do changing the way that gamespot reveiws. trying to change how gamespot reveiws with that petition its worthless, i dont like the reveiws but do you think they care what other people think, its a reveiw aka an opinion play the game and if you like it great dont worry about the reveiws.
    Last edited by xboxmaster2002; 11-23-2002 at 12:39 AM.

Wow, "this is crap, that is crap. How much more useless can that thing be. Oh my god I cannot believe that guy did that, what a loser, this is retarded. You are a dumbass."

I personally think you people have a problem. Why would you hate someone so much as to flame them for making a petition for what they believe is right. This is North America. He has a right to do this just as much as Gamespot has the right to be retarded.

Worst of all is that you all agree with his opinion. However, you still bash him. What kind of nonsensical crap is that? You need to think a little more before you post. I would try not being so negative for starters.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I thought the exact same thing as Carlbme until your second post where you explain why the petition Xaminor. I've now signed...
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Thanks guys.

ou have a better chance of turning a PS2 fanboy into an xbox fanboy than you do changing the way that gamespot reveiws
    I have actually done this

Keep in mind people that this is nothing new.

They use to do the same thing with Sega. A PSX would come out and be God's gift to gamers and then Shenmue comes out to the Dreamcast and they give it a 7.8

This is the same game that the developers had as a candidate for Game of the Year and all they can do is complain about the "tedius" gameplay.

They gave Sonic CD like a 5 in replay value, another game that got rave reviews so this is nothing new, MS has taken Sega's place in the videogame industry, that is all there is to it.

I mean this is getting to the point of ludicrous.

Originally posted by Xaminor
    Thanks guys.

I have actually done this
    yeah but can you do it to a whole site?

i dont read reviews, but i totally agree with what your trying to do. for Splinter Cell to get an 8.6 is crazy. hope its a success Xaminor.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Going to bed now, get that petitioned signed.

their rating system is bs, there review stated that it would be better if you didn't have to do things over and over to figure it out, well this may be true to a point it's also part of the gameplay you know trying things diffrent ways and name me a tom clancy game were you didn't have to try things over and over to get it right.
    i don't go to that site anymore and if you ask me that's the best petition there is
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I only read reviews to see what the game is like before i buy it...but scores mean nothing. Some idiot's opinion is no more important than mine or my mother's or anyone else's...but most people dont realize that. They see a game get a bad score and then they dont want to buy it. They see a game get a great score and then think about buying it. Its no secret that gamespot's review scores are extremely Ć’ucked up...

its cool your trying to get Gamespot to stop being retarded, but i dont think this Petition will accomplish anything. If Gamespot is a fanboy, then they will be a fanboy. I mean have your tried to convince a fanboy to stop being fanboyish? its nearly impossible

Thread Information