Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xbox being fixed

Thumbs up Xbox being fixed

Well, I was browsing aroung the forums on several sites and I saw that Microsoft has been fixing Xbox's for free. I called 1-800-4MYXBOX because my Xbox won't play OXM Demo Disk, gives me DDE all the time, won't play blockbuster games eventhough they are new, and has trouble loading up newer games. The lady on the phone was really nice and she said they would send me a box to put my Xbox in for they can fix it. She told me that they were fixing my Xbox for free because it was Christmas time although I bought my Xbox on 11/15/01 and had no warranty. She said they would replace my DVD drive with a new one.

The only problem is that my streak of playing Xbox every single day since 11/15/01 is about to end. The good news is I shoudn't have the same problems again.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

lol. well maybe its only that lady that would be so nice. some ppl r nicer than others
    poo!

Originally posted by destroydemons
    lol. well maybe its only that lady that would be so nice. some ppl r nicer than others
    I've been hearing that anyone who had a certain serial number were getting theirs fixed.
    Now Playing

Bummer, I remember when TheCovenant's cousin broke my PS1. The platform that actually spins and reads the CD somehow sunk. So his cousin (about 17 or 18 at the time) put a knife to it and snapped off the part that actually keeps the CD on the platform. I was ****ed for a long time when I learned that all he had to do was lift a little metal pylon that was bent down. Now the old thing only works if the platform is aligned PERFECTLY, and if I push on the broken part that hold the CD, it wont run the game. Oh well, my sister only uses it to play DDR, and she doesn't even play that anymore. AND I DO have an XBOX.

I decided to play my Xbox after the call I made to have mine repaired. My Xbox seemed to work better than it usually works. At least I'm getting my DVD drive updated. I still wonder if I'm doing the right thing, even though I get DDE once in a while and not every time,

I know what ou mean SPARTAN VI on the Playstation. I bought mine around launch and had problems with the CD skipping a year later. I had to put the system on a cold, flat surface to work. I bought a new one 2 years after and still have it working perfectly today.
    Now Playing

Default Re: Xbox being fixed

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    Well, I was browsing aroung the forums on several sites and I saw that Microsoft has been fixing Xbox's for free. I called 1-800-4MYXBOX because my Xbox won't play OXM Demo Disk, gives me DDE all the time, won't play blockbuster games eventhough they are new, and has trouble loading up newer games. The lady on the phone was really nice and she said they would send me a box to put my Xbox in for they can fix it. She told me that they were fixing my Xbox for free because it was Christmas time although I bought my Xbox on 11/15/01 and had no warranty. She said they would replace my DVD drive with a new one.

The only problem is that my streak of playing Xbox every single day since 11/15/01 is about to end. The good news is I shoudn't have the same problems again.
    Was your XBox made in Maxico?

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Default Re: Re: Xbox being fixed

Originally posted by Knight

Was your XBox made in Maxico?
    Yes it was. Manufactured on 10/31/01. Was there something wrong with the Mexico systems?
    Now Playing

Default Re: Re: Re: Xbox being fixed

Yes it was. Manufactured on 10/31/01. Was there something wrong with the Mexico systems?
    Don't know, But my XBox is one of the few E. Europe ones they had on sale!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Xbox being fixed

Originally posted by Knight

Don't know, But my XBox is one of the few E. Europe ones they had on sale!
    I have a few friend with one from Hungary. I just hope they send my Xbox back and tell me there is no problem with it.
    Now Playing

Default Re: Xbox being fixed

The only problem is that my streak of playing Xbox every single day since 11/15/01 is about to end. )
    whoa. that is too crazy.

these MS ppl are too nice

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

Bought mine at Bestbuy by IPFW, was made in Hungary.

so far no probs. other then the occasional freeze...which has only happened once.

Default Re: Re: Re: Xbox being fixed

No. Not greater probability than with any of the other Xboxes at any other plant. If you hear otherwise it's not true. PS IMO you should get your Xbox repaired free. If I was offered that deal and didn't send it in I would regret it later.

Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
    Bought mine at Bestbuy by IPFW, was made in Hungary.

so far no probs. other then the occasional freeze...which has only happened once.
    I'm at that best buy just about every week. Most of the ones made in Hungary worked good, but my friend who has one is louder than mine for some reason. I sent mine in mainly because I constantly hear the system make a stop and go sound while loading. If it does it too long, I get a Dirty Disc Error on the game. I'm wodering if an updated DVD drive will do the trick.
    Now Playing

Pelican had to buy me a new xbox cause one of their controllers fried my Xbox...they did though, and paid for s&h...

How long to they expect it to take? Because I'm thinking of sending mine in...I have a back up too

Originally posted by casper
    How long to they expect it to take? Because I'm thinking of sending mine in...I have a back up too
    They said 12 days at the longest.

My Xbox is really working well right now, except for OXM demo disk. I'm debating if I should not send mine in anymore.
    Now Playing

the rumors are true! im on the phone right now getting my old XBOX repaired for free! now ill have 2 working XBOXs!

I used to post here a lot.

Well I played my Xbox today and I got one DDE on Pac-Man World 2 and three on Dynasty Warriors III. The system froze on me after I finished the mission. Blinx didn't give me any problems though.

I guess my Xbox does need a new DVD drive. I just have that feeling they're going to send my old one back and say there was nothing wrong with it.

I'm really going to miss my Xbox. Guess I'll be playing my Sega Saturn when it's gone.
    Last edited by Cloud Strife; 12-14-2002 at 05:28 PM.
    Now Playing

im kinda dissapointed that so many xbox's are messing up, i never had problems with my ps1 or n64. i think my ps1 MIGHT have frozen once when i was playing crash bandicoot, but other than that it ran great, now this next generation console freezes too often for my liking. kinda lame if you ask me, but atleast they are doing something about it.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

ya this is good news because my xbox freezes like a biiitch on the new games...

Thread Information