Thread: Steel Battalion Question

Default Steel Battalion Question

Is this game out yet? Cause I'm die'n to play it

Hell yeh man.

yea...im hoping that i get some money today for x-mas....maybe $200 so i can go out and buy steel batallion tomorrow...hehe

one can only wish.....

This might sound stupid to some of you but why does it cost 200 dollars I know it has the 40 button contoller, but thats still alot.

Renegade of funk

Nobody has this game. I've been looking. Best Buy and Circuit City here don't have it yet.

Why can't you get this game without the damn controller? Also, how come you can't play it with just the normal Xbox controller?

The game has been discontinued until January. Basically, if you didn't pre-order it or you have a retailer who ordered more than 1, your S.O.L until the new year.

But it will be available at that point, at Game Stop you need to drop a $50 deposite for it to be ordered for you.

Default !!Q

I apparently am one of the last to get this game before they all ran out, and I must say, it is like no other. It's not perfect, what is?, but there is no other game that makes you feel like you are really in a giant 10 story vertical tank. With 23 missions, 5-6 difficulty levels, and about 20 mechs to man, gameplay is quite long. And what I like is that the interior look and dials and displays and overall feel is quite different in each and every mech. Not just the same thing with more firepower and what not. But oh, the firepower. It is awesome.

I really feel every xbox owner should have a shot at this game at least for a week. If you can stand the thought of giving up 4 other games or a whole other system, then it might be for you. But if you are gonna mope afterwards because you gave up that stuff, then don't. Afterall, it is only one game.

Also, if you can't play it on at least a 27 inch TV, you might pass. The view screen of the battlefield is only about 1/3 of the screen size. I will say this though, once you complete mission 23 and achieve rank of LT. Col. you unlock unobstructed view and the entire screen is the battlefield. What a difference. That alone is worth fighting for.

Are there things about the game I would change. Sure. But I can say that about every game. My two biggest complaints are simply that there is no controller vibration and the trees. For 200 clams that puppy should shake off the table and the trees look like paper doll cutouts. But those aside, there is no other game even close to this experience. And yes, I would buy it again knowing what I know now.

Plus, in a month after I beat the heck out of it, I know I can swap or sell it for at least 3 games.

Get it if you can.

This game is hard as hell, even on rookie, but I love it!

I have Steel Battalion and it is amazing. There are too many things that require the joystick that comes with the game. Besides, most of what makes SB so good is the 2 joysticks, 40 buttons and 3 foot peddles

Fear is the Mind Killer spike spiegel's Avatar

The second one is going to be online isnt it?

The next one is called "Steel Battalion Online"

Fear is the Mind Killer spike spiegel's Avatar

Do I have to buy this one to get the controller, if it is going to be used with the next one that is...

my copy (in MINT condition) is for sale, by the way. In case you missed it in the trading section.

I'm sure you can use this controoler for the next version. And how do you know it will be called "Steel Battalion Online" ???

Renegade of funk

I'm interested, but I missed out the first time. Maybe it'll turn up on Ebay, or used somehwere in some game store. I'd drop the cash for it. Does the control console fold up or anything? I'm not sure where I'd store such a beast.

Thread Information