Thread: Splinter Cell confirmed to go on all platforms

Default Splinter Cell confirmed to go on all platforms

Sorry to say but its old news.

Needless to say, it will look owrse on all of them except PC.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Then maybe I'll buy it for Gamecube. My GC needs more adult games.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Naw, dude. I'd stil buy it for Xbox. I have both and the Xbox has better graphics and better controls. IMO
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Those PS2 screen shots are pretty bad IMO.

The GC version will look good though.
    Xbox Games I Own...

Halo, Capcom vs. SnK EO , Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Crazy Taxi 3, Buffy, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Hitman 2

Games I'm playing most...
    Unreal Championship - LIVE is addictive
    Quake 3 Arena - (pc) play about 5 mins less per day than UC
    Hitman 2

Add me to your frends list if you play Unreal on LIVE, I sold Ghost Recon cause it was simply a hype machine to match SOCOM, instead I opted for something for more ORIGINAL...the first online fighting game EVER in the USA!

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

id hate to see that opn other consoles

Well Ubi Soft made a smart move going multiplatform. Now they get more money by selling Splinter Cell on other consoles too, but we have to see if they sell good on GC or PS2 though.

I think it is dumb for them to do so.... I mean come on GBA, P2 neiter will make this game look as good and thas half the fun of the game. The screen shots look like crap for the PS2 they have that foggy effect. I think softe ware co. need to start focusing on a specific platform to make use of the platforms capabilities. I meanif they are going multi platform with this will SC2 look any good, hell they will prob release that for all plats at once and we will be looking at an ea game.

AGAIN SFTWR COS NEED TO CONSINTRATE ON A SPECIFIC PLATFORM SO GAMES START USING FULL CAP FOR SYSTEMS I AM TIRED OF MULTI PLATFORM GAMES.

Yes I do like some but I want more games using my boxes capabilities instead of PS2 capabilities..... 5.1 isnt enough I want more..... graphics, use the hd for more than saving, do better 5.1, I want more games to prove that we are using the next gen consoles.
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

I don't think Ubi Soft will go down the EA road. Splinter Cell 2 (if there is one) will undoubtedly be developed for the xbox first. They will probably make it is agood as possible for all systems. I mean, they developed a whole new shadow system for the game to work on the PS2. These guys aren't slackers.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

the ad for splinter cell still says Only on Xbox, what's up with that?

They didn't have much of a choice. They may make more money for the Xbox and PC versions, but going multiplatform is obviously the best choice for the Ubi Soft business (even though the PS2 version looks awful and the GC version looks just OK.)
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

did you look at the screen shots for P2? I guess to me it looks like crap. but that is me. I understand they want to make more money but SC was one of the only 3 party games to really use the xbox capabilities. Are we going to lose that?.....

but the game boy advance now come on, plus the levels that are downloadable do they get them all right away or do they not get them?
    Last edited by scarecrow kfj; 01-08-2003 at 01:25 PM.
    Taliesin of "Omega Squad"

Games owned; GR, GRIT, Outlaw Volleyball, 2K3, Fever 2002, Matrix, Commandos, Halo, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, Fuzion Frezy, PGR, Tiger Woods 2003, Tetris Worlds, Crimson Skies

Waiting for; Links 2004, Rainbow 6, Counter Strike, Ninja Gaiden,

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I really dont care...ps2 is rightfully getting our sloppy seconds, which is how every multiplatform game should be...why should we have to suffer because of their second rate console?

It's a smart way to make money. GC well be just as good as the X-Box. But like the dev team said it was a game made just for the X-Box. The reason it is coming to PC is because X-Box hardware is like PC hardware. But I'll stick to the XB because the PC demo sucks. The controls are very frustrating the only thing that helps is the fact that aiming is easier with a mouse.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

i've said it before, it shall be said once again, "Splinter Cell was announced as a Multi-Console game from the beginning."

Thread Information