Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MGS 2: Substance. No skating for PC/Xbox

Thumbs down MGS 2: Substance. No skating for PC/Xbox

As revealed months ago, one of the myriad bonuses found in Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance is a "Snakeboarding" section, where Solid Snake gets to grind, flip and jump around environments from the classic stealth title on a skateboard. Awesome.
    But while PS2 owners can access this from the options screen, PC and Xbox owners inexplicably lose out, with the skateboarding section - based on the Evolution Skateboarding engine - a PS2 exclusive. Gutted. When contacted, a spokesperson for Konami was unable to give a reason for this.

But while PS2 owners skim across the Big Shell, Xbox and PC gamers can still look forward to a brilliantly polished, entertaining title. Besides, it's far better to get your own skateboard then go break all your bones and cut yourself to ribbons. Chicks dig that kinda thing.

Aww this is crap

Who cares. The took it out because Evolution Skateboarding wasn't on Xbox. The game has horrible anyway.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    Who cares. The took it out because Evolution Skateboarding wasn't on Xbox. The game has horrible anyway.
    Well it would have been great to have all features in Substance but i guess not then.

It's one of the best games ever made. Personally, I think the thing that makes a game great is its story line and MGS2 has the best story line I've ever seen in a video game. It's practically a movie! I think Substance is wicked, it's one of my favorite video games of all time. Who cares if it has no skateboarding!
    Last edited by Liquid Gears; 01-10-2003 at 10:34 PM.

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
    It's one of the best games ever made. Personally, I think the thing that makes a game great is its story line and MGS2 has the best story line I've ever seen in a video game. It's practically a movie! I think Substance is wicked, it's one of my favorite video games of all time. Who cares if it has no skateboarding!
    I definately agree with you that MGS2 Substance has an excellent story. However, I give the edge in the story department to Hideo Kojima's other game Zone of the Enders. I can't tell you how many times I played throught the game to listen to the story. The game had and excellent opening and ending. The ending was very sad indeed. Zone of the Enders is one of the only reason I touch my Playstation 2.

I want to buy MGS2 Substance, but I own Metal Gear Solid 2 for Playstation 2. It's one of the few that gets me to play it.
    Last edited by Cloud Strife; 01-10-2003 at 10:42 PM.
    Now Playing

I definately agree with you that MGS2 Substance has an excellent story. However, I give the edge in the story department to Hideo Kojima's other game Zone of the Enders. I can't tell you how many times I played throught the game to listen to the story. The game had and excellent opening and ending. The ending was very sad indeed.
    That's the game that had the "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty" demo with it. I remember that, cause ones of my friends was telling me about it once. Also, cause it was advertised so much.

I've never played Zone of the Enders, wish I have That game looks wicked!! It reminds me of Virtua On and Gundam Wing

That's the game that had the "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty" demo with it. I remember that, cause ones of my friends was telling me about it once. Also, cause it was advertised so much.

I've never played Zone of the Enders, wish I have That game looks wicked!! It reminds me of Virtua On and Gundam Wing
    I wrote about it in your PM. The game was really great. I know you would like it. I'm going to write about ZOE on my website and the Three Great Games of the Week Page.

I do own Virtual On for Dreamcast.
    Now Playing

I wrote about it in your PM. The game was really great. I know you would like it. I'm going to write about ZOE on my website and the Three Great Games of the Week Page.

I do own Virtual On for Dreamcast.
    You own Virtual On??!!!! Holy sh*t!!! That is one of me & my brothers favorite arcade games of all time!!! Lucky Guy!

It was fun and all but, you dont really get to find everything out about the Patriots. Storylines like that really annoy me.

Originally posted by Arrix
    It was fun and all but, you dont really get to find everything out about the Patriots. Storylines like that really annoy me.
    You do know there's gonna be a Metal Gear Solid 3 right? Hmm.......I wonder why they did that to the story line?

And NO, that's is what makes the story line good. So quit your complaining.

You own Virtual On??!!!! Holy sh*t!!! That is one of me & my brothers favorite arcade games of all time!!! Lucky Guy!
    I own several arcade games.

I can't tell you how badly I want to go to an arcade right now. My last chance at the arcade was May 2002. All the Seniors at my old High School made a trip to Cedar Point, after I was done riding the rollercoasters, I spent my time in the arcade playing fighting games. I did play Virtual On while I was there.

Maybe I'll go to where the drom rooms are at my college and play Street Fighter 2 Turbo.
    Now Playing

my friend has virtual on for his computer. it came with it i think

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    my friend has virtual on for his computer. it came with it i think
    I have a few Sega games for my PC. I remember since Sega's games sold poorly on Saturn, they ported them to PC.
    Now Playing

I have a few Sega games for my PC. I remember since Sega's games sold poorly on Saturn, they ported them to PC.
    Maaaan

Is there any site I can get at least the demos for the Sega/PC games? Like Virtual On?

Maaaan

Is there any site I can get at least the demos for the Sega/PC games? Like Virtual On?
    I'm not too sure. I own a bunch of Sega PC titles.

Hey LG, I went through my videogame collection and I have about 70 games that were in the arcade also.
    Now Playing

I'm not too sure. I own a bunch of Sega PC titles.

Hey LG, I went through my videogame collection and I have about 70 games that were in the arcade also.
    Your so lucky man. I wish I was a smarter game buyer back in the day, so I could have all the sweet arcade games too.

Does anyone know where I can download PC games? Not the demos, the full versions.

Your so lucky man. I wish I was a smarter game buyer back in the day, so I could have all the sweet arcade games too.

Does anyone know where I can download PC games? Not the demos, the full versions.
    I don't know about downloading. I will admit though that I'm not a very smart videogame buyer. I've had over $5,000U.S. wasted on videogames and systems I didn't like. The main reason why I have all those Arcade game is because my area is filled with stores that carry Dreamcast, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, etc. games.
    Now Playing

I had it but sold it along with my Dreamcast. I hated that game tho, only playing it like twice. I also don't 2/3 Gundam games on PS2 (havnt played Fed. V ZX or whatever it is), but I love ZOE. They are very different games in my opinion. Virtua On didnt really have a story, and the gundam games just werent fun, but ZOE got it all right. I love paying that game for hours and hours. THe feeling of looking at the clock when it says 3 a.m. and thinking that it felt like 10 p.m. five mintues ago is the coolest thing ever, it just means the game is good enough to completly suck you in.

I don't know about you guys, but I think Zone Of The Enders should come to the XBox. Or Zone Of The Enders 2 if they make another one.

Originally posted by Viper87227

I had it but sold it along with my Dreamcast. I hated that game tho, only playing it like twice. I also don't 2/3 Gundam games on PS2 (havnt played Fed. V ZX or whatever it is), but I love ZOE. They are very different games in my opinion. Virtua On didnt really have a story, and the gundam games just werent fun, but ZOE got it all right. I love paying that game for hours and hours. THe feeling of looking at the clock when it says 3 a.m. and thinking that it felt like 10 p.m. five mintues ago is the coolest thing ever, it just means the game is good enough to completly suck you in.
    I will agree with you on that. However, I do like Virtual On. The story isn't important in that game to me. Also, Tech Romancer was a great Mech game with a good sotry on DC. Zone of the Enders is my favorite Playstation 2 game. I've beaten it several times but its the game I can't stop playing. I purchased it for $15 brand new also. The only games that come close on Playstation 2 to me is: Devil May Cry, Ratchet & Clank, and Guilty Gear X.

And Liquid Gears, there is a sequel to Zone of the Enders coming out in March. I did hear the possibilty of an Xbox version but it has the same chances as Suikoden III does of making it to Xbox.
    Now Playing

Thread Information