Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever break the Xbox controller analog stick

Default Anyone ever break the Xbox controller analog stick

Just wondering if anyone has ever broken the left analog stick on an Xbox original contoller. Just wondering since many games use the analog stick, thus they get quite the workout.

Nope, had them since launch.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Well..once. It wasn't the one that came with my Xbox, though. I accedently left milk on it, and I went to my grandma's for a weekend without talking my Xbox..I didn't think the milk would do anything because I whipped it off. Well..it was really cold in my house when I got home, so I went to play my Xbox and the controller got stttttuck! I mean..the buttons. It didn't break but it's cracked now..I don't use that controller much anymore because it's pretty much broken. A lot of the buttons are screwed up too..

The only thing I've done is drop my controller a few times. However, the controller doesn't really work. I have to mash the A buttons on both my original controllers just to get them to work. I also have problems with the rumble feature on the controller that came with my system. Sometimes it never stops. I'm starting to question the quality of Xbox controllers because people told me theirs broke very easily. The only one the works well is my new S-Controller.

I know Playstation controllers work fine because I got mad at a friend of mine for beating me at NBA Live 98 so I threw the controller across the room and it popped open a little bit. Still works though. This happened over five years ago.
    Last edited by Cloud Strife; 01-14-2003 at 06:49 AM.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

not the left but actually the right thumbstick has broken .. well it still works but it doesnt click when u push it down but it still works ..
    Scared ? You will be.

Mine still works... but one of my left analogs on a controller has lost all resistance. I think the spring inside might be shot or something. It still functions 100% fine though
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

My controller has has analog problems. It causes me to have trouble playing Outlaw Golf. That is why I can't play it with anyone because the S controller only works for it.
    Now Playing

My little brother sat on my controller and jammed the analog stick into the controller

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I've dropped several controllers about 3 feet onto a solid concrete floor a couple times and all my controllers work great. I've had 2 of them since launch and 3 more i got shortly afterwards.

me and my friend have broken all 4 of his controllers now all the dam analog sticks break there the weakest controller around but the smaller one looks like the can take a bit more use without breaking all the time

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by thunder
    me and my friend have broken all 4 of his controllers now all the dam analog sticks break there the weakest controller around but the smaller one looks like the can take a bit more use without breaking all the time
    I hope you know that controllers are not meant to be beaten relentlessly...I use my controllers every day, sometimes all of them for system link with friends, and mine work perfectly.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

I hope you know that controllers are not meant to be beaten relentlessly...I use my controllers every day, sometimes all of them for system link with friends, and mine work perfectly.
    Well said.. I've put my controllers through a helluva lot of game time and they all still work well.

Thunder, breaking 4 controllers? I wonder what the hell you guys were doing... maybe a bit too rough on em? Cuz it ain't normal that you'd break 4...
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Never broke the sticks, but on two of the original controllers that I got at launch, and which I prefer over the controller s, the a button broke. it still functions, but a spring or something is broke because it gets stuck down many times. i play nfl and nba 2k3 a whole lot, and they use the a button heavily, but thats no excuse. i dont know if the s is better, or if newer original controllers are built better, but i need to do something about it. another problem i had is on my third controller, the vibration is very weak. but i dropped that one on concrete from about 6 feet in the air, so thats understandable.

the good news, the rumbling and one of the bad a buttons can be returned, because Gamesptop will not notice when i switch it with a new one. but one a button is virtually useless, so i'm almost sure that they will notice.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

both of mine broke
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by DIGITAL
    both of mine broke
    Whao..Digital ! Are you playing with hardcore action on it ? I have the original control but i change it to get the S-Controller. It's work perfect for me. But something i notice, in some games the sensibility of the buttons is low compare to others. When i played Buffy or Dead or Alive 3, i only need to press the button a little bit to get it enable the move i want to do. In Splinter Cell or Hunter, i need to force a button to get it work.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Shadow20002

Whao..Digital ! Are you playing with hardcore action on it ? I have the original control but i change it to get the S-Controller. It's work perfect for me. But something i notice, in some games the sensibility of the buttons is low compare to others. When i played Buffy or Dead or Alive 3, i only need to press the button a little bit to get it enable the move i want to do. In Splinter Cell or Hunter, i need to force a button to get it work.
    I had the same problems as you with the regular controller. It seemed to work the first few months, then I had to mash the button to get it to work.
    Now Playing

Originally posted by thunder
    wtf do you do with them,? throw them out the window when u get mad? i bet you and your friends are the types that beat the crap out of the controller when you lose CUZZ U FRIKKIN SUCK YOU LOSER MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i never broken mine i jus get this cracking sound when i turn my left analog 360 degrees. i think a roach got in and i smushed it or somthin lol. i dont know what thge hell it is. i think the xbox controller is the strongest controller out there. like i said you must beat you controller with a bat or somthin. :\ unless your dullwitted and slam your forhead into the controller.

'S' controller left analog started sticking off center after a week. The same thing eventually happens to SONY Dual Shock controllers. I never had this problem with the Duke, although the buttons became or always were unresponsive.

My brother breaks everything he touches. Literally. Strictly joysticks, he's broken both triggers on multiple DC controllers, shoulder buttons on my old SNES controllers, and the D-pad (yes, the D-pad -- snapped it in two, don't ask me how) on a original PS2 controller.

I broke two of them, they were both Madcatz controllers though. I replaced both of them with first party MS S Type controllers. No problems since.

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    I had the same problems as you with the regular controller. It seemed to work the first few months, then I had to mash the button to get it to work.
    The worst feeling is when you drop back to pass, hit the button for a receiver, and nothing happens. Then you sit there confused and you QB gets sacked.

Thread Information