Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your Xbox setup?

Default What's your Xbox setup?

My Xbox setup is...

- 27" Zenith Flatron TV, Xbox plugged in the S-Video port.
    - Sony Dolby Digital Amplifier.
    - Advanced AV pack, with optical out of the Xbox into the amp (via Dolby Digital).
    - Woofer box beside the couch.

The sound quiality is simply amazing here...video quality is great, but could be better (HDTV)...LOL

Tell us your Xbox setup, good or bad. (-;

Well I can't tell you the exact way it's setup..but what I can tell you is that I have a 48" TV w/ Dolby Digital Surround sound and the XBox is hooked up to an extra 32" Flatscreen TV :P
    And that's all I have to say about that.

XBox4Life

Default My XBox setup:

I don't have an XBox yet but here is my system:

A TV+REMOTE (with buttons too!)
    Speakers.

Don't be jealous because I have a better system than you all! :o

it was a good day until you made me so GREEN (get it?) with envy.

I haven't had a console since the PS1 and I only bought that while I was in college and didn't have a computer. Sold it the day after I got my pc built.

The xbox is the first console that really sparked an interest in me and so I bought it and couldn't be happier. The one thing that really makes this system glow is a kickass way to show it off though. After a long summer of building my home theatre I can finally relax while playing the xbox in pure digital form. I must say that I am floored by the detail of this thing. Worth every penny and I hope others continue to support it.

My setup:

NEC LT150 DLP projector capable of HD 1080i if any games ever support it.
    110" 16x9 screen
    Pioneer 660watt DTS ES receiver
    200 watt powered sub ( can't go louder than that in my apt complex. darn neighbors)
    2 bass shakers mounted to the couch. Mmmmm vibrations
    Top it off with a pitch black room and black velvet courtains for aesthetics.

Problem is that I don't want to leave the house. Maybe that isn't a bad thing.

I have a Toshiba 32in. TV, Sony 500watt reciever and 15 in sub, with 5.1 surround Sony speakers. Running through SVHS input.

Also run in my office through a Toshiba 27in

current:
    - 9 year old 20" RCA TV (connected through AV)
    - ... TV stand.

soon:
    - brand new 27" JVC (xbox connected through component)
    - ... same TV stand.

Wink ...sad but true

My Xbox is currently sitting on a shelf in Walmarts Layaway Department.... I have to wait one more week then I will have enough to pay it off and take my Green Eyed Lady home... unfortunatly I will not have enough money for any games yet,,,, but I think I will visit Blockbuster and rent a game or two to tide me over.
    Eventually I will be rocking with my Xbox hooked up to my Kenwood minisystem and on my 27" Sharp Television... I cannot wait.

Laters All,

PhReeK out
    PhReeK out!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Stephen...

Not to pick on you too bad, but, I already created a post like this a month and a half ago...we had several people discuss their set ups...but, that's okay...because it's probably a good idea to re-visit this since most of us have our XBoxes

I have a 36" Toshiba TV with S-Video inputs
    Advanced A/V Pack rockin' the video and audio - incredible picture and sound

In the works:

Bose surround sound system I can't wait!!

-Maximus

Cool

27" Panasonic TV

Advance AV Pack using sVideo and Optical Cable

Yamaha YHT-23 Theater system - 5.1 Dolby digtial and DTS enabled, 400 watts, sub is active servo

Sound is great. Picture is good but I yearn for HDTV.
    Last edited by Bundy; 11-26-2001 at 09:00 PM.

Lynxfx -- your room sounds really similar to mine.

I've got the same projector but with a 120" screen.
    My walls and ceiling are painted black and the floor has black carpet.

I used to have pictures on the web but *&^%$ Charter is blocking port 80 on my server. <grrrrr>

Hugh_Jass and Lynxfx all I can say is your guys are whores!!!

Not really but I am jealous.

That is one phat setup.

27" Pure Flat Toshiba TV
    500W Sony 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound System
    Advanced AV Pack Using S-Video
    If you don't have a Toshiba TV get one, their high quality and the prices are pretty good.
    Gaming is about the games...

My set up is pretty nice. Got a 27" Sony Wega hooked up with component input and optical sound running to 500 watt sony receiver. I have two stading sony floor speakers, huge center channel and 2 rear sony bookshelf speakers, and the powered sub under the desk
    Ill get it all in the end

Hugh_Jass,

Yeah I just got the pj about 2 months ago. I'm still putting the finishing touches on the room though. I live in an apartment complex so I didn't have much to work with but at least it is the third floor and it has cathedral ceilings. This projector sure is nice though isn't it? And to think, I was only going to use this for movies. Instead I got life sized characters from DOA3 in my house.

Game On!!!

PS, when it is time for you to replace your bulb check out dell's business site. They are always having a 20% off sale and they carry the lt150 lamp. Prices now are around $270 shipped and I hope they continue to drop by the time I need one.

my setup is pretty crappy. i have an RCA 25'' with s video support. im pushin to get my mom to let me get a 3 peice stero to inhance the quality a little. i have a really old couch. it is the most comfortable thing i have ever sat on!
    i am an artist.

Hidden Content

Default my setup

my dad is building a patio so a month before getting my xbox i was naturally bored out of my mind so I took some left over scraps of wood and I made a small table painted black and a green X where my xbox would soon sit. its pretty small but gets the job done. I have a crappy tv and will have to wait a while to get a new one on account of spending all my money on xbox games and of course smokes to pass the time till XBOX.
    "who said i wanted to kill you, i just want to cut a Z in the middle of your forehead heheheh"

Dr_Gonzo?! From Unreal Tournament? WT145...?
    And that's all I have to say about that.

I play UT if thats what you mean. But dr.gonzo is from hunter s. thompsons book Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas also the best movie ever made.
    "who said i wanted to kill you, i just want to cut a Z in the middle of your forehead heheheh"

batman46st

my setup a 32" rca tv a four speaer radio attached to my xbox n tv two lil speakers are at the corner of my roof n the two big one are on the side of the stand its pretty kickass playing halo nfl fever munches oddesy soon doa3 raw is war nba2k2 nfl 2k2 and nhl 200 on that badboy oh yeah n batman vengence im badly waiting for that game im sorta a batman fan....

Thread Information