Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IGN gives Tao Feng an 8.7:

Default IGN gives Tao Feng an 8.7:

i think thats a pretty good score heres some comments from the review
    Presentation
    The story is great, the voice acting superb. But only two costumes per character and the unlockable extras suck. 8.0
    Graphics
    A stunning fighter with a great visual look, amazing character models, and some devastating grabs and Chi attacks. The framerate problems are the only real issue here. 9.0
    Sound
    The narration through Quest Mode is fantastic and the characters are all well-voiced. The score is top notch as well. But no customizable soundtracks? 9.0
    Gameplay
    Easy to learn, tough to master. An incredible challenging AI. The game is fun, but the combo-heavy gameplay comes off as a bit unfair and the camera can be a nightmare. 8.0
    Lasting Appeal
    The Quest Mode is a tough challenge and this is certainly a fighter you'll enjoy playing with your buddies. But this one may be forgotten the moment the next good fighter is released. 8.0
    OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 8.7
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

I was really stoked about this title, but I think I'm finally just going to sit tight with DOA for a while longer.

*goes in corner and waits for Soul Calibur 2*
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre
    I was really stoked about this title, but I think I'm finally just going to sit tight with DOA for a while longer.
    *goes in corner and waits for Soul Calibur 2*
    this movie might change your mind http://www.kidyoyo.com/users15/tekkendork/tao2c.avi
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

looks like I was right

I may decide to rent this one first, most of what I've read on the game have been negative reviews, although the movies I've seen of it seem good. It would be nice to have another good 3d fighter besides DOA3 (at least until Soul Caliber 2 comes out )

Played the demo. Was not impressed.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Anyway, i will rent it first. In the review, they are talking about unlockable extras...what are they ? Characters, modes, new CHI moves, new costumes or else ?
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by studepaber
    I may decide to rent this one first, most of what I've read on the game have been negative reviews, although the movies I've seen of it seem good. It would be nice to have another good 3d fighter besides DOA3 (at least until Soul Caliber 2 comes out )
    this ign review has been the first review I've seen on the game. I haven't been able to find any reviews on this game. Where are you finding them?

Originally posted by carlbme
    Played the demo. Was not impressed.
    where did you find a demo of this game

Originally posted by DIGITAL
    where did you find a demo of this game
    I hope he wasn't thinking about Kakuto Chojin. Why does MS come out with asian names? TWO!?! it confuses the world

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I dont care what some other dude has to say about a game...Im going to get it anyway and decide if I like it...I dont care if anybody else does.

It looked pretty good from what I saw. Thank god there is no time limit. Graphics blew away DOA3 for sure. The only thing that didn't seem to be there was the visual damage on the characters. The movie cuts out about halfway for me. Did anyone see the whole thing? If so was their any visual damage? IE: Bruises, broken bones, cuts?
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

i think we need more fighters on the xbox than doa 3....didn't much care for mortal kombat...with it's stupid fatality moves..and switching fighting style on the fly....Tao feng (stupid name for a fighter) looks like a winner....but i am going to reserve jugdement until i play it.....Soul calibur 2 is going to save all of the fighting fans out there
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    this ign review has been the first review I've seen on the game. I haven't been able to find any reviews on this game. Where are you finding them?
    I thought I saw that the Xbox Nation magazine give it a 3/10, it's gotta be better than that though, seriously.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

i swear..half these people confuse this game with Kakuto Chojin

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    i swear..half these people confuse this game with Kakuto Chojin
    I did for a while. Both of them were 'that fighting game with the funny name'. I did finally train myself to remember that Tao Feng is the 'good one' that I was really looking forward to. Sort of a realistic Mortal Kombat.

bad news people.
    gamespy.com NOT SPOT, but gamespy.com, gave the game 38.0%

Now... I usually find their reviews pretty good, but 39% compared to the other 80% reviews is pretty strange.

well..after waiting an hour for the site to load..i did skim the reviews.

not good at all.
    while i hope the were overly harsh by giving it a 38%.... that is still low enuff to make u deffinately reconsider.

something i did find interesting tho...they gave halo an 85. same score as they gave hunter. and get this..they gave deathrow a 86%.

so deathrow is better then halo ?

go figure.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    well..after waiting an hour for the site to load..i did skim the reviews.

not good at all.
    while i hope the were overly harsh by giving it a 38%.... that is still low enuff to make u deffinately reconsider.

something i did find interesting tho...they gave halo an 85. same score as they gave hunter. and get this..they gave deathrow a 86%.

so deathrow is better then halo ?

go figure.
    halo wasn't that good. A 90% would have been a better score though.

hmm..well according to them..wreckless is a better game then halo.

on the replayability side alone......
    i don't see how that could be.

Thread Information