Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One smokin' XBox....

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default One smokin' XBox....

Well, dudes...

This is not a joke...my XBox just fried. I think the fan went out...I have no idea...all I know is that I have my windows wide open to let the smoke out of the room.

I'm seriously bummed.... It's dead.

Damn it!!!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

not

good

at

all

what are u gonna do next max?

I guess buy a new one...

I'm not joking, dude...the thing was smoking....I was playing XBox Live and a little Moto GP...I rented the game to unlock all of the tracks and build up a custom bike...and I took it on-line and raced three tracks...kicked some ass and all of the sudden the thing started smoking..... Unbelievable man....

damn..........

Have extended warranty from where you bought it by chance?
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

No....I bought a one year warranty...and I bought the XBox on Nov 15th, 2001. It's expired...damn it.....

damn...talk about burning rubber max.

well..glad to hear you were doing something useful when your xboxdied.

let us all know...especially the DDC...when u get back up and running.

I'm going to the store right now......spending money I don't have

Well...okay, I have the money...but, I wasn't exactly planning this....

**{insert every word in the black book.....HUNDREDS OF TIMES}***

word2bigbird max.

if you wanna release some of that frustration..i sho could use some unreal tutoring. give me a call.

After careful analysis of this situation my brother has came to the conclusion that your Xbox's motherboard probably fried. Sorry to hear about the loss though. Can't wait to play with you again! I haven't been online with you for ages.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

that sucks. did you have a memory card? cause that sucks if you lost all your saves

oh, that sucks!. too bad Maxy

That blows maxi!!

You should send it in saying you need the dvd drive swapped out like they were doing for free. Maybe they will do a little double fix for ya?
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Hey Max, If you havn't bought a new one yet, I found a guy who repairs XBOX's for a flat $40. That includes return shipping.

He's working on one of mine at the moment.

Console Repair

Just an option dude,BTW, good to hear from you...........even though it was non-stellar news.

Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
    Hey Max, If you havn't bought a new one yet, I found a guy who repairs XBOX's for a flat $40. That includes return shipping.

He's working on one of mine at the moment.

Console Repair

Just an option dude,BTW, good to hear from you...........even though it was non-stellar news.
    Can you let us know if he does a good job?

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    After careful analysis of this situation my brother has came to the conclusion that your Xbox's motherboard probably fried. Sorry to hear about the loss though. Can't wait to play with you again! I haven't been online with you for ages.
    Please, oh intelligent one, tell us what exactly would burn on the motherboard, I would like to hear this.

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    A room full of smoke from a fried Xbox motherboard? Yeah, right...
    I think it's more of the powersupply somehow cooked itself. Of course, no way to really tell until you crack it open and look inside. Careful analysis of the situation consisting of information that just tells you that a lot of smoke came from the system and it doesn't work anymore doesnt mean the motherboard fried :P
    Electrical burn is a horrible smell to try an get rid of too.

Originally posted by casper
    Please, oh intelligent one, tell us what exactly would burn on the motherboard, I would like to hear this.
    Overloading capacitors for one. I've seen that happen on many motherboards. That usually only happens to people that build their own pc's and accidently bridge a traceroute on the motherboard to exposed metal. ie, it rarely just happens out of the blue. Another cause, although not directly related to the mobo is if the cooling on the cpu failed. Check out the video on Tomshardware sometime that showed what happens to a cpu just seconds after losing the heatsink and fan. The intel chips (at the time) would lock and be done but the AMD chips (again at the time) would go up in smoke literally 1-2 seconds after losing cooling. It was amazing.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

you havnt bought it yet have you? before you buy another one........try and return it for a new xbox.

put on the frown and turn into a crying baby. if that dont work be all like IM GOING TO THE EFFING TRIPLE B FOOOOOOS!

make a huge scene. make the employees feel stupid and ask for a manager. you will get yourself a new xbox.

if that do nt work.......well just go somewhere else and buy it LOL

bust a nut

damn, that sucks.

max, one question, did u play ur xbox all day or left it on for several days??

u must've prolyl wore it out, but look on the bright side, u should be lucky that ms has dropped the price, and u get to have another troller and 2 free games.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

listen max.

YOU GOTTA QUIT MAKING THE BOX DRINK BEER!!!!!

i mean.....we all know you can hold your own....but dude, let your xbox work its way up to the point of no return.....dont push da stuff on him....just a heads up

you probably made his liver go bad or sompin....wtg dude.....WAY TO EFFING GO!!!!

Thread Information