Poll: Are you still happy with your X-box?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laughf of the century

Default laughf of the century

Sources in the commercial dept of Micro$oft say, that Micro$oft suffers a loss of 100 USD on every X-box sold.

So X-box owners please be aware of the fact that in the near future Micro$oft will most certainly stop the support of the X-box and leave you people standing in the rain!
    Last edited by Bozzie; 03-27-2003 at 07:01 AM.

Erm ALL console makers make losses on each unit of the console sold

They make thier money from software sales since they gain royalties from those so I think you're being a trifle naive to think that microsoft will pull the plug on the XBOX just because of that information you've dug up.

Default Re: laughf of the century

Originally posted by Bozzie
    Sources in the commercial dept of Micro$oft say, that Micro$oft suffers a loss of 100 USD on every X-box sold.

So X-box owners please be aware of the fact that in the near future Micro$oft will most certainly stop the support of the X-box and leave you people standing in the rain!

Did you seriously take the time to register and join the forums just to say that? Cuz the way you said it, you sound like a PS2 or Gamecube fanboy trying to incite a reaction among us. You wouldn't be the first troll to come around...

Its been public knowledge since b4 any of the next-gen consoles were released that all 3 would lose money from hardware. The console makers get their $$ from software sales. It ain't just MS kid, Sony and Nintendo also make their $$ through software sales. Welcome to 2003... where the hell have you been?
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Member on the run

See, that's how impressive an arguement you put up there was.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

And to think, Microsoft could purchase the entire Sony Corporation 20 times over (yes, that not only includes the money they make from the PS2, but also their television, stereos, DVD players, VCRs, and all other electronic appliances as well as their music contractuals).

I strongly doubt MS will pull the plug on XBox. I'm willing to bet my sack on it, too

bust a nut

lol venomiza, where are u getting those funny pics?

im with maxy, i bet my sack full of money on it (20$ is all i have)

I was thinking.... sure MS loses $100 for every xbox made, but if you think about it... through every DVD kit they sell... they'll make back $20 (assuming it costs $10 for production charges)

so that only leaves $80.

And btw... I don't think MS is going to quit on the xbox sicne it seems like theyre trying to push themselves into another sector of business... the video game business. They can't depend on the software sector that much longer since a lot of people are turing to linux, and fewer and fewer people are buying new computers.

Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

It's not entirely true that every console loses money. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo is the only company that makes a tiny profit from each system sold. I saw that in one of IGNCube's Mailbags. Doesn't make a difference for Sony or Microsoft though, as they have many other business ventures to keep them afloat.

Green = Good
    Red = Sucks
    I own all of the following games
    Halo, Crimson Sea, MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Morrowind, Blinx, Dead or Alive 3, NFL Fever 2002, NFL Fever 2003, Rallisport Challenge, Jet Set Radio Future, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Whacked!, Splinter Cell, Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO, Phantasy Star Online (preorder)
    NightCaster, Blood Wake, Fuzion Frenzy, Hitman 2, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Dave Mirra BMX 2, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Totaled!
    Wish List: (Until Summer)
    Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive: XTreme Beach Volleyball, Sea Dogs 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Midtown Madness 3, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Hidden Content Former Xbox Live Beta Tester.

He's a noob that thinks its cool to spell Microsoft like "Micro$oft". I think we should all listen to him because he's proved that he really knows his stuff
    MS..er excuse me, M$ has enough money where losing money on every console sold isn't going to hurt them. What's $100 when you're a freakin billionaire with like the largest company with the most money in the world? Bill Gates wipes his ass with $100 bills :P
    Also Mr. I hate M$...What operating system are you using?
    Last edited by Cyclone; 03-30-2003 at 05:57 PM.

Renegade of funk

The first part of what you said is old news.

The second is pure crap.

Microsoft isn't going to go out of business. Not today, and not tomorrow, or anytime in the near future.

Well, I can't say much more than what has allready been said except MORON!!!!!!!

"laughf of the century" Hehehe, yes. Im getting the laughf of the century from you and your sorry As$ Ps2/GCN fanboyism lol

Default laughf of the century

Ofcourse you are all right....nou doubt about that.
    M$ can buy Sony 20 times I read in some of the replies.
    Not!!!! because geek Bill would have done so if he could.
    You suckers keep on playing wit your Intel boards which didn't make it in the regular pc industry because of a software (bios) bug.
    So the only thing one can do is play a game or two.
    Or bypass the bios and run someting like Linux, the OS for the 21st century.

Message to you all: kiss my ass and dream on!

You're still here...?

**Gracey looks up "pest removal" in the phone book**

Alien

Originally posted by Variation

Pathetic idiot!

Pathetic idiot!
    Aw, c'mon... be sensible. Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor!!

Member on the run

No? Damn, what a shock! Go away kid...you're botherin' everyone else on this board. I do enjoy watching you get your ass verbally handed to you though!

Thread Information