Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xbox was a lot of lie's, I am sick of it.

Default Xbox was a lot of lie's, I am sick of it.

I cannot say I am bummed about buying Xbox, but Microsoft lied through their teeth about the system, and I am not very happy about it myself.

I bought it #1 for RAW that had a ton of features that never happened, so I was like okay that was lie #1. The game speaks for itself, I don't need to say anymore.

Then another lie I fell for was we will expect the power to be used, and for ports to use Xbox's superior power. That was bull, most are the same or barely better for Xbox, and Microsoft never made any company do jack to use the extra power.

Another thing that made me want Xbox bad was the CD burning feature. The feature I spent more time ripping CD's into than actually using it. They might as well have left it out as far as I am concerned, and it was something I looked forward too when bought the lie.

Then we have the last lie. Xbox is built to be a system of the future. It might be 10 years until we learn to use the technology in Xbox, so it has a very long life span bs they told everyone. Well the future got really short, because I read Xbox 2 is going to arrive in possibly 2005.

All this bullcrap has made me not want to invest 1 more red cent in my Xbox. Why in the hell did I buy it in the first place? AWSOME WRESTLING GAME!!!!! Never happened. EXTRA POWER!!!!!! Never used. CD RIPPING!!!!!! Rarely used, and in games I hate. SYSTEM OF THE FUTURE!!!!!! Allready in works to be replaced.

You cant expect to compete with a company like Sony on lies, and it's odvious Microsoft was bullied in the video game industry by Sony. The companies were more afraid of ****ing off Sony than pleasing Microsoft.

So all you Xbox fans, don't expect what you originally bought until PS3 comes out. When Sony puts out their new system and demands companies use the hardrive, cd ripper and all that junk, they will. Thats the company they listen too, because that's the company that makes them money.

I lived and learned myself. No way in hell would I buy an Xbox2. As soon as Sony puts out PS3, and starts calling the shots again, what will be the point of an Xbox system with equal power system wise, but no balls marketing wise? Good news is for Xbox fans is they got a deep wallet, and they will need it. PS3 is gonna be everything Xbox was supposed to be, because Sony will force companies to make it just that.

To let a video game system bother and anger you so much is really sad.

Renegade of funk

Hi Dave, it seems like you have some serious issues here with your Xbox. If you dislike it so much, you can always go and trade it in for a Gamecube. No one here is forcing you to keep it. You don't have to, it's ok big guy, not everyone has to like the Xbox. It's a free world.
    But I would like to point out a few things. First off, you screwed up when you placed all your faith in Raw. I know, I was miffed to when that game came out, I was about a 10 on the hype-o-meter for it. But maybe you should have checked it out before hand, like renting it. Maybe you should have not placed so much faith in that one game. Maybe you're that much of a wrestling fan, but that was not such a logical move. What about Halo? Splinter Cell? There are plenty of games out there that deserve some attention, even if you are such a wrestling fan. BTW, there will be a Raw2, and things are looking pretty good for it.
    So not every game supports the soundtrack mode. I was expecting more than what I have seen, but the xbox has very little time on the market. Pretty soon, game makers will know exactly what we want. Just be patient. Things will get better. But then again, if you don't want to wait.... Just get a new game console.
    It's not that big of a deal.

Wow Dave, I guess it sucks to be you
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

I don't know about you all, but I'm more than happy with my Box. And yeah, every game publisher doesn't use all the fetures that Xbox has to offer, so they are still some of the best games out, regardless. "Ps3 will be all that xbox was supposed to be" yeah but Xbox Next, or what ever, will be 10x PS3, what's your point? Xbox is in it's first gen. PS will be in it's 3rd. The first X is better than the 2nd PS, and so on. And the hard drive, every console that comes out will have one from now on, if not they are screwing themselves, that was another big seller for me.

It seems to me your too busy bi t ch'n about all the stuff you heard, didn't anyone ever tell you not to believe EVERYTHING you hear, and you're missing out on all the good things that the X has to offer. It may take a while but the publishers will come around, just chill.

Default Re: Xbox was a lot of lie's, I am sick of it.

Originally posted by Dave
    I cannot say I am bummed about buying Xbox, but Microsoft lied through their teeth about the system, and I am not very happy about it myself.

I bought it #1 for RAW that had a ton of features that never happened, so I was like okay that was lie #1. The game speaks for itself, I don't need to say anymore.

Then another lie I fell for was we will expect the power to be used, and for ports to use Xbox's superior power. That was bull, most are the same or barely better for Xbox, and Microsoft never made any company do jack to use the extra power.

Another thing that made me want Xbox bad was the CD burning feature. The feature I spent more time ripping CD's into than actually using it. They might as well have left it out as far as I am concerned, and it was something I looked forward too when bought the lie.

Then we have the last lie. Xbox is built to be a system of the future. It might be 10 years until we learn to use the technology in Xbox, so it has a very long life span bs they told everyone. Well the future got really short, because I read Xbox 2 is going to arrive in possibly 2005.

All this bullcrap has made me not want to invest 1 more red cent in my Xbox. Why in the hell did I buy it in the first place? AWSOME WRESTLING GAME!!!!! Never happened. EXTRA POWER!!!!!! Never used. CD RIPPING!!!!!! Rarely used, and in games I hate. SYSTEM OF THE FUTURE!!!!!! Allready in works to be replaced.

You cant expect to compete with a company like Sony on lies, and it's odvious Microsoft was bullied in the video game industry by Sony. The companies were more afraid of ****ing off Sony than pleasing Microsoft.

So all you Xbox fans, don't expect what you originally bought until PS3 comes out. When Sony puts out their new system and demands companies use the hardrive, cd ripper and all that junk, they will. Thats the company they listen too, because that's the company that makes them money.

I lived and learned myself. No way in hell would I buy an Xbox2. As soon as Sony puts out PS3, and starts calling the shots again, what will be the point of an Xbox system with equal power system wise, but no balls marketing wise? Good news is for Xbox fans is they got a deep wallet, and they will need it. PS3 is gonna be everything Xbox was supposed to be, because Sony will force companies to make it just that.
    As for Raw I agree it's a terrible game but Microsoft Game Studios didn't make it. Microsoft can't "make" any company develop a game that uses the Xbox's full potential. Do they put a gun to a companies head? Just be glad you don't have a PS2 where the "power" is maxed out already.

As for CD ripping if your bored with it or to busy to use it then that's a shame but most people thaink it's a great feature.

Haven't you realized that with technology new products come out frequently. If they didn't then you would be complaining about your Atari.

Bottom line is it sounds like your mostly upset because Raw was a lousy video game. If I have a Panasonic VCR and a Memorex tape gets jammed in it. Why would I get upset with Panasonic? Same with your being mad at MS because of Raw.

And it's amazing how you know that the PS3 is going to be better than the next version of the Xbox. Please post a link where you found those specs.

WHOA HEY
    maybe this is your answer? LOL.

Would you REALLY want Microsoft to not upgrade the XBOX for 10 years? TEN YEARS!?!?!?

I'd like to see them release new hardware every two years. By 2005 this little 733MHz CPU is going to seem like an antique. It's already 75% slower than modern CPUs available today.

Furthermore, it's up to the developers to exploit the power and features of the XBOX. Microsoft did their part by delivering the capability. Microsoft changed the paradigm. It takes time for the industry to catch up.

BAH forget about CPU specs, just get some more green lights on the next box. Perhaps have the buttons on the controller glow?? Have big glowing green X on the top, and no fan!

As for PS3 i've heard they are going to continue the blue light thing, so Microsoft better get ready!!!

Seriously, though i agree with 1 point in the original post, and thats games companies not having the balls to make something special for the big green box, and always sticking by Sony. Gates should start inviting them around to his home, and bribe the lot of em!

First of all, could you do us all a BIG favor? Quit whining about how much you hate Raw? I think we've all heard enough from you about that. Secondly, Have you played Halo? At all? Or Morrowind? Those games take some advantage of the Xbox's power in my opinion. And option number 3: Grow up.

Wow the next generation of consoles will be better than the current one? Damn, I never thought of that. I'm throwing my xbox out the window right now. sheesh.
    RIP Dave

[quote]I cannot say I am bummed about buying Xbox, but Microsoft lied through their teeth about the system, and I am not very happy about it myself.[quote]

Well, alot of us are, so I guess your just different.

[quote]I bought it #1 for RAW that had a ton of features that never happened, so I was like okay that was lie #1. The game speaks for itself, I don't need to say anymore.[quote]

MS doesn't make the games, the developers do. Before you buy a game, read up on it's features and check some screenshots, then you would have realized that the game was going to suck...but yeah, this is about 30 times you've said this...so whatever.

The devolopers still have to do this. If Microsoft was going to force everyone to use the power, I can see alot of them not signing up for it. However, why not check out some of the Xclusive games that do (Halo, DOA3, DOAX Volleyball, MechAssault), or even those that aren't Xclusive (i.e. Splinter Cell)

Another simple problem that has a simple solution. Before assuming something, why not do research on it and realize that the mp3's have to burnt onto CD-RW's.

Being that they have to keep up and compete with Sony to keep the interest and sales up, this was a smart move. But where the hell did you hear "10 years until we learn to use the technology in Xbox" Stay off the crizak.

Now I get it...dude, you're on the wrong site, go to that SonyFanboy.com site and post this, cuz that's where it belongs

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Microsoft does not choose what goes into the games, the developers do, idiot.:o

HA ha ps3 is a pie in the sky dream. Who is going to go out and buy all these extra things, with the xbox it all comes built in.:o

I may be wrong on this but I recall Sony claiming that the PS2 was going to have Toy Story level graphics? Still waiting on that. Maybe the PS3, but probably not.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
    I may be wrong on this but I recall Sony claiming that the PS2 was going to have Toy Story level graphics? Still waiting on that. Maybe the PS3, but probably not.
    Toy Story level graphics? That's a good one . I'm gonna laugh at that all day. Neither Xbox2(or whatever they name it, SeXBox, etc) or PS3 will have Toy Story level graphics unless some HUGE boom of technology comes out in a couple of months.

Good news is for Xbox fans is they got a deep wallet, and they will need it. PS3 is gonna be everything Xbox was supposed to be
    hahaha, that one is funny. Well you pick up your ps3 which you proclaim will do everything the xbox is supposed to do... and I'll grab an xbox 2 which will do everything a ps4 can.

I'm sorry if you were a victim of hype and marketing, but it is your own fault for not researching something you were planning on buying. Before I got my xbox I knew every game that supported custom music tracks, exactly how much hd space I had, what file format it saved to and what not. Read into the actual system, not the hype, before you buy something.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

People need to stop saying this system will be better than that one...and just play the one you have now and be glad you have it for crying out loud...

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I got a console just because i want to change a little bit for my gaming world and tired of PC.
    Back into the world of gaming.

bust a nut

xbox is more powerfull than any other consoles, thats the fact. and for the games, well, u just picked the wrong kind of games to play, and for me, all wrestling games sucks. what other games genre do u play? we'll help u pick the right games, or u can rent them. microsoft didnt lie to me, im very satisfied with what they did for xbox.

Thread Information