Thread: Could this site have MORE ad banners???

Default Could this site have MORE ad banners???

Man I love this site!

BUT...... COME ON this is ridiculous. Every stinkin screenshot pops up more ad banners! I have never seen so many ad banners generated by a site.

Isn't this a little extreme?

i live in canada! better yet i live in PEI ahahah you'll never find it!!!

heres a little trick, just minnimze them, they wont pop up any more. and you can surf XBA all you want, add free!
    whoohoo! <(^_^<)
    Hail, O XBOX, virgins I sacrifice unto you
    "Hope you enjoy the victory WITH ONE FREAKING EYE"
    Hidden Content TheCCC

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Yeah, I hate pop ups, too...but, the quality of this site outweighs this inconvenience. Way to go XBoxAddict.com!!!!!

I agree, this is the best gaming site I have ever come across. I understand that it is ultimately a business, but even the most successful high profile sites Anandtech.com as example don't hammer the user with THAT many banners. Build the ads on the page somewhere itself or something.

:::awaits angry reply from the admin stating that they serve 5 zillion gigs of transfer each month which equates to $1,000.00 or more in fees....plus hosting:::::

While bandwidth is like gold on the web, I strongly doubt this site is pulling in any traffic which would require more than one or 2 banners to offset costs.

This site is part of an entire "xbox network", and if you visit any of the other sites, you'll see they have the same pop-ups, and the same quantity of them.

Frustrating indeed, but unfortunately is sometimes deemed a necessary evil.

You could always install a pop-up killer application, SACK.

Thanks for the info.

Im gonna make mine short & 2 sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Plain and simple, pop ups suck a$$, but everyone,.... this is how these guys have to make their paper to survive.
    Just something we all have to except for a website that's very much so worth it

Ninja Scroll,

I agree that to sustain a site of this quality ads are necessary but I totally disagree with their methods. Take a look at other websites that are a major success, checkout the site I mentioned above:

www.anandtech.com

That site makes a ton of cash without annoying popups because they blend ads into the normal site... a MUCH better solution.

As for me, I downloaded a pop-up killer. I love this site don't get me wrong, it IS one of the best designed sites I have seen... especially this forum (by far the best) BUT to generate a pop-up on EACH screenshot you look at??? Come on!!!! I watched the pop-up killer and after only about 5 minutes of checking out screenshots the killer already blocked over 60 ad banners... that is 60 annoyances IMO.

Also ad-popups make it REAL hard to websurf at work and quickly close a window when the big guy walks up hahahah.

SACK
    Last edited by SACK; 12-03-2001 at 06:03 PM.

you know.....when i come here using netscape i dont get pop ups it is only when i use explorer....but of course when i use netscape the home page doesnt load right

Talking LMFAO!!!

Originally posted by SACK
    Ninja Scroll,

I agree that to sustain a site of this quality ads are necessary but I totally disagree with their methods. Take a look at other websites that are a major success, checkout the site I mentioned above:

www.anandtech.com

That site makes a ton of cash without annoying popups because they blend ads into the normal site... a MUCH better solution.

As for me, I downloaded a pop-up killer. I love this site don't get me wrong, it IS one of the best designed sites I have seen... especially this forum (by far the best) BUT to generate a pop-up on EACH screenshot you look at??? Come on!!!! I watched the pop-up killer and after only about 5 minutes of checking out screenshots the killer already blocked over 60 ad banners... that is 60 annoyances IMO.

Also ad-popups make it REAL hard to websurf at work and quickly close a window when the big guy walks up hahahah.

SACK
    HEY SACK!
    Slim, I do da same ***** like you

Im at work hitting up this forum up alot of times at work too
    And hey, when da big man tries to peep me out with the quickness I minamis my screen and guess what

The da@mn pop up ads are on my basic screens
    what gives wit dat?!

At the same time im trying to be slick and the ads are trying to screw me over

I am Ninja Jubei, I dont deserve this! Im a hero to you all!!!

Talking LOL LOL

Thats awesome!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Uh...oh yeah...Ninja Scroll is my hero...Like, uh...oh yea....hmmm....right on?

Thread Information