Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azurik

Thumbs up Azurik

anyone here playing this great bame?....I am stuck and need help..
    ty
    Paul

Im playing it, Im not very far yet.. Only like 2 hours... hehe Two hours to find one single power... I only have water so far
    Is sex dirty? Only when it's being done right.

Picked it up Friday and my son and I have logged a couple hours. I've collected water and fire powers and am wandering around the earth realm now.

I'm very pleased with the game and don't have much in the way of criticism at this point. Something I discovered is that if you "drive" Azurik like you do the Warthog in Halo the camera becomes more of a directional control than a "view".
    lee

This is a great game,... I got it yesterday,.. and played it all night long,.. till the sun came up,...

LOL,.. I drive Az like a warthog too,... the camera is awesome to me,...

I do also, its nice to see where your going.
    Is sex dirty? Only when it's being done right.

I use the Camera like That during exploration,.. and bring it a bit behind Azurik,.. so I'm looking forward, while I'm trveling around the landscape,..

Then I hit the right trigger when I begin to fight,...

I like the controlls a lot,...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Taz...man, you just mentioned the exact technique that I use...excellent. Great beer minds think alike

I have read this game plays alot like zelda, is that true? I enjoyed Zelda alot but i dont no if i want that type of game anymore

Originally posted by Maximus
    Taz...man, you just mentioned the exact technique that I use...excellent. Great beer minds think alike
    Indeed they do,.. I found the controlls very intuitive after about five minutes,...

all the negativity that I see on the forums around the net,... is unfounded in my opinion,.. but to each his own,...

This game has taken over most of my gaming time lately,... I find myself pondering over situations from the previous gaming session, and going over the puzzles in my head, only to get back into the game,.. and find that I have solved the the problem that was torturing me, only hours before,...

I have spread the word to a few of my gaming friends,.. and they too will be inticed by Azurik's realm of Perathia.

I just wish I could find a Beer stand or two to replenish my health from time to time while playing the game,.. especially after a tough hard fight,...

Originally posted by redrum237
    I have read this game plays alot like zelda, is that true? I enjoyed Zelda alot but i dont no if i want that type of game anymore
    I wouldn't say that,...

but I will say,.. that it reminds me of the first time I ever played Zelda,... the exploration,.. the puzzle solving,... Zelda was very unique back in the day,...

This game will give you that same felling,...

Very good game,.. The Sleeper hit of the year in my opinion.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Yeah, I really like Azurik, too...it really does occupy a lot of your gaming time...it's one of those games that makes you think...very challenging and the levels are absolutely HUGE! There is a lot of exploration like there is in Zelda, however, there is a hell of a lot more fighting. I also think the graphics kick the crap out of Zelda, in my opinion.

The best way to describe this game from a "feeling" standpoint is that it is frusteratingly fun! lol

Azurik not a strategy game

Originally posted by MadDawg276
    Azurik not a strategy game
    wha?

Azurik is an action/adventure game that requires a lot of puzzle solving and strategies

I would agree that it's really not a strategy game, tactical perhaps. All successful gaming require some strategies to play but some, Age of Empires for example, require extensive strategies than run through large portions of a given campaign.
    lee

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Default I have Azurik too

I have been playing Azurik for over 40 hours and this game is still going I love this game. I was in a jam but I got out. I have a walkthrough if anybody wants it. All you have to do is e-mail me and I will give it to them.

GRAVEDIGGER

Default AZURIK?!?!

I might be new here and i'm not trying to diss anyone already, but seriously...Azurik? What's so great about this game, i have played it over and over on demo disk NO 3#, and basicly i cant stomach this game. Dont get me wrong, the game looks great but the sound is flat and boring, and when you have to do things like find a switch in the middle of a friggin mist, then you realize just how real the XBOX grahics can be!

But on the other hand, i would like to know why you guys like this game because i have tried not to get annoyed by it so many times and to no avail! So could someone please give me a brief opinion summary of why you personally bought this game.

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken
    Last edited by GRAVEDIGGER; 02-24-2002 at 09:25 PM.

Default Azurik Rocks!!

Hey Gravedigger, I played the Demo and absolutely hated it. I bought the game used and love it. The only reason I can think of, of why I hated the demo was because you already have all the powers. I love finding the powers and seeing how big the game really is. Plus, no load times and it's fun but puzzling. I can tell you that I don't normally like games like this. I traded in Oddworld for this game and I haven't had any regrets.
    Last edited by WynnFire; 03-03-2002 at 07:37 PM.

in my opinion Azurik is fun. But with out the guide i think it would be pretty close to impossible. Kinda like Halo on legendary...heh. But i havent played this game lately but i think ill start playing it now that wrestling seasons over...woohoo. Any way i definately you either steal or buy the guide if you have or are getting the game.
    The Fro Was Here

Actually, I dont really like the game. I have it on a demo and its kinda stupid.

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

i thought that the game was great.. not the best action adventure i'd ever played, but great none the less. I, too, played the OXM demo and thought it was absolute crap... and that it does the game no justice. if you want to talk to one of the developers and producers of the game.. you can do so via this section at xboxclubhouse.

http://www.xboxclubhouse.com/forumdi...php?forumid=58

xbox own$ j00.
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

Thread Information