Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2: Best graphics ever!

Default Halo 2: Best graphics ever!

I just got my new issue of OXM in the mail, and they have some new screenshots of halo 2. I must say that it puts doom 3 to shame. They are actually utilizing xbox features such as Bump mapping and the like. I only wish that it would come out this year.

i know what u mean, i read the issue ur taling about and the graphics are definately far superior to that of D3.

Also if u compare the preview videos of the two games its fairly easy to see the difference;

Halo 2 = revolutionary graphics
    Doom 3= good graphics!
    "Hes got 24 hours its more than most of us get - all most of us get is mind that bus - what bus - splat!"

Originally posted by Arrakis44

Halo 2 = revolutionary graphics
    Doom 3= good graphics!
    I'm not to sure on that..I don't know which one has better graphisc..but I don't think Halo 2's graphics are better than Doom3's..

are u frikin kidding me??? have u even played the D3 alpha leak??

play that and then talk about graphics friend

Originally posted by Diddy
    are u frikin kidding me??? have u even played the D3 alpha leak??

play that and then talk about graphics friend
    Alpha... does that mean they're anywhere close to being done with the game? Doom 3 has way more graphical potential than Halo2. Think about it:

Halo2 will be running on:

CPU: 733 MHz

Total Memory: The RAM in the Xbox will be supplied by Micron, it will be 64 MB running at 200MHz DDR (Double-Data-Rate) [an advanced GeForce 3 with loads of other hardware buffin it up]

and DOOM 3 will be running on [if you have a super nice computer]:

CPU: Intel P4 3.06GHz

Graphics: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro -OR- an overclocked GeForce FX

It'll look really sharp and I'm pretty damn sure Id had that in mind. Seeing as how all we've seen so far are videos, we'll just have to wait.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for the best for Halo2. It has plenty of room for improvement.

I bet DOOM III graphics will be better than Halo 2 graphics. It'll be made for a PC with much higher specs than xbox.

and BTW the graphics for DOOM III alpha were amazing. How could you say they weren't. The pipes moved right in front of me. Sure it was like 2 fps... but they were moving!
    |\| | C |<

"You have to be kidding me!"
    As Spartan VI said, the Doom 3 Alpha is just that, and Alpha playable version of a game. They still had Pre-Beta, Beta, Pre-Gold and Gold stages to go through. The Alpha version is the earliest playable version there is. Id had just started using the advanced techniques. They only had simple textures and models at that time. The potential for Doom 3's graphics is mind boggling. Whether it is running on the Xbox or a high-end computer. Nonetheless, yes, Halo 2 does look great but it is way, WAY too early to say which one looks better. Both are still far from the Gold stage (final production stage). I am putting my money on Doom 3 looking better than Halo 2 though.

Yes, I have played the Doom 3 Alpha.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Compare these two, they both look awesome and really cant compete with each other. But they still have a long time before release, plenty of room for improvement.

Halo2
    http://images.hype.se/albums/halo2truthandreconciliation/aaa.jpg

http://www.xbox-alive.de/entwurf/spi...2/soldier2.jpg
    We've all seen the Halo2 trailer screens.

DOOM 3

This one is huge and will just expand the thread, so take the link. It's an ingame screen, possibly the "alpha".

This one is pretty huge, too.

Look at the detail!
    Last edited by Spartan-XBA; 04-30-2003 at 06:44 PM.

Halo 2 looks good, but DOOM III without a doubt looks better.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

On that note HALO 2 will be way better level design wise and overall playabilty. I have strange feeling D3 will be alotta narrow hallways and small rooms much like the Alpha. It will be great a piece of interactive eye candy no doubt, hell I'm giddy as a school girl to play it but graphics aside I think HALO 2 will kick its behind.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Halo 2 does not have the best graphics, thats for sure...but what is not for sure is what game has the best graphics...

Originally posted by Toonz
    On that note HALO 2 will be way better level design wise and overall playabilty. I have strange feeling D3 will be alotta narrow hallways and small rooms much like the Alpha. It will be great a piece of interactive eye candy no doubt, hell I'm giddy as a school girl to play it but graphics aside I think HALO 2 will kick its behind.
    No doubt about that, pretty sure Halo2 will have THE gameplay, but we're only talkin about graphics. I'll revive the 1st thread I ever made...

I saw Master Chief Holding two guns and read that left trigger is second weapon and right is first weapon. Looks unbelivable, but i wonder how you are going to thrown grenades.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

Originally posted by kenji
    I saw Master Chief Holding two guns and read that left trigger is second weapon and right is first weapon. Looks unbelivable, but i wonder how you are going to thrown grenades.
    You figure out a way to throw grenades with two guns in your hands, then tell us howya did it! Kinda like juggling and eating an apple pie at the same time.

When he's not holding two guns, you can use the old left trigger for 'nades.
    Last edited by Spartan-XBA; 04-30-2003 at 07:53 PM.

bust a nut

we'll just have to wait and see, then we'll decide

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Figure out a way to throw grenades with two guns in your hands, then tell us howya did it!

When he's not holding two guns, you can use the old left trigger for 'nades.

The second weapon takes over for grenades. Said so in the mag.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

The second weapon takes over for grenades. Said so in the mag.
    Isn't that what I said? Or are you just elaborating?

Originally posted by Toonz
    That is so subjective it isn't even comprehensible to some people apparently.

Doom 3's level design is made to have long narrow halways and the such becuase it is a *dun dun* SURVIVAL HORROR! Thats right, the level design for Doom 3 is amazing becuase it is what it is suppose to be. The same can be said for Halo. Halo is meant to be a diverse battle ground with everything from halways to open fields, so it too has great level design. The same can be said for gameplay.

You cannot compare these two games gameplay wise as they are not in the same genre. Maybe the same point of view but not the same genre, not even close.

The graphics can be debated though because they are going to be along the same lines. Both are trying to get the most realistic look ever.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Isn't that what I said? Or are you just elaborating?

Well you didnt say that the second gun takes over for grenades...unless i was reading it wrong.

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

That is so subjective it isn't even comprehensible to some people apparently.

Doom 3's level design is made to have long narrow halways and the such becuase it is a *dun dun* SURVIVAL HORROR! Thats right, the level design for Doom 3 is amazing becuase it is what it is suppose to be. The same can be said for Halo. Halo is meant to be a diverse battle ground with everything from halways to open fields, so it too has great level design. The same can be said for gameplay.

You cannot compare these two games gameplay wise as they are not in the same genre. Maybe the same point of view but not the same genre, not even close.

The graphics can be debated though because they are going to be along the same lines. Both are trying to get the most realistic look ever.
    Heh, so much for my old Doom3 vs Halo2 n00b thread.

Thread Information