Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Survivor game

Default 9/11 Survivor game

anyone seen this yet? it's a game based around 9/11. it will undoubtedly upset a lot of people. but then again, WWII and vietnam upset a lot of people too and there are plenty of games about those around.

http://www.kinematic.org/
    Live games: Mechassault, Unreal Championship, Counterstrike, Rainbow Six 3, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Unreal II, Ghost Recon & Island Thunder, Wolfenstein, XIII, Crimson Skies, Soldier of Fortune II, Outlaw Volleyball.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Pretty cool...I hope we get to blow away Al-Queda.

LOL....My thoughts exactly.

this is retarded, but if they were to make an add on for ghost recon to hunt down Al-Queda and bin laden they'll be onto something. max while you're here, my email notifictaions not working at all, everything is checked and in order. please find out whats going on for me. Thanks

FuNkY mOnK

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    max while you're here, my email notifictaions not working at all, everything is checked and in order. please find out whats going on for me. Thanks

FuNkY mOnK
    Is the e-mail address you provided correct?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX

Is the e-mail address you provided correct?
    sorry to screw up this thread. yes my email is correct,email notification is checked, and is set to yes in my profile. everything is system go go go, but i get no go.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

sorry to screw up this thread. yes my email is correct,email notification is checked, and is set to yes in my profile. everything is system go go go, but i get no go.
    I'm not sure what's up. I recommend sending Kraft-XBA a PM

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I'm not sure what's up. I recommend sending Kraft-XBA a PM
    Thanks

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

I think they should give it a few years before they make a 9/11 game. It just seems a little too early to me to be making any games like this.

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
    I think they should give it a few years before they make a 9/11 game. It just seems a little too early to me to be making any games like this.
    Exactly...so at least I'm happy that when I went into this thread, there was someone saw this as an asinine concept. How the hell are they going to do this? I'm sick just looking at the screenshots. If this does go to a publisher, I'll be dam sure to make sure this doesn't last.....businessman/women walking through the burning floors to try and get out and they show someone jumping....fukin jumping? Hell, that could have been one of the 5 family friends from down there that I knew - all dead...no clue which ones jumped or didn't, because they were all buried....

fuk....I dunno, call me an American (which I am), call me a New Yorker ( damn proud!) but you can't call me anyone that would let this happen...it's the most tragic event we had in our country that occurred just a year and a half ago (doed it even seem that long?) and it's now...freakin now....bah....now I'm pi$$ed

As another person stated in this thread, it is no different than any of the war games out there. Heck, if an army vet were to play through Battle Field 1942 or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, I am darn sure they would be incredibly upset about it. Infact I bet they would be extremely angry about it. Morso than anyone who was affected by 9/11. Not only were more poeples lives lost in Wars, but they were lost in the fight for freedom, to re-enact their deaths directly, or indirectly is a great disrespect not only to the person and the poeple he knew but to our very own freedom.

Yet, I am sure as you all know, around 99% of the poeple who frequent these forums play war games that do exactly that, and they enjoy it.

So, when a game comes along like this, you have to view it from all perspectives. Personally, all though I know 9/11 was a horrible event, I have nothing against any game being made about it.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Merimac - so you're telling me that after checking out those screens for the game that it really should be made a game....I can see if it was maybe a retaliation afterwards, but is there a need to have it so that people are jumping for their lives and you get a 3rd person view?

H-I-T-E-R........NO L! hiter101's Avatar

wow this is so disrespectfull the reason that most people play video games is that they wont have the courage nor the oppotunity to be in a real war and want to know wat it feels to be a hero or a vet or wat its like shooting someone.

the people that fought in WWII chose to fought in it and knew the dangers that had it comin. but the people that suffered at 9/11 didnt choose to die jumping out of a 100 somewat story skyscraper because of the american so called non moral beliefs as where u can do wateva the hell u want.

this is another scheme of large corprate marketing just because the world knows about 9/11 they think they can sell this game i for sure will not get it.

and for the record im not the biggest patriot i disagree with alot of wat the US goverment does i just think that this is over exposure of a tradgec event that should of have never takin place.
    Heaven Won't Take Me And Hell Is Afraide I'll Take Over

Hidden Content

"He LIved By His Word And He Died For His Word" Rip DZ

Hidden Content

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    As another person stated in this thread, it is no different than any of the war games out there. Heck, if an army vet were to play through Battle Field 1942 or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, I am darn sure they would be incredibly upset about it. Infact I bet they would be extremely angry about it. Morso than anyone who was affected by 9/11. Not only were more poeples lives lost in Wars, but they were lost in the fight for freedom, to re-enact their deaths directly, or indirectly is a great disrespect not only to the person and the poeple he knew but to our very own freedom.

Yet, I am sure as you all know, around 99% of the poeple who frequent these forums play war games that do exactly that, and they enjoy it.

So, when a game comes along like this, you have to view it from all perspectives. Personally, all though I know 9/11 was a horrible event, I have nothing against any game being made about it.
    see theres a difference though

in war, the soldiers know of the possible outcome. they know what they're going into. they know they might have to kill someone. and they also know they might get killed.

the victims(and survivors) of 9/11 didn't know any of this. they were just going about their normal day and BOOM...their lives changed(or sadly ended).

War and a vicious attack are two completely different things.

worst idea for a game...ever.....EVER....
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by hiter101

the people that fought in WWII chose to fought in it and knew the dangers that had it comin.
    Do you honestly beleive war only affects those directly involved in it? What about the friends and family of the soldiers who lost their lives in WWII, and every other war? What about all the Jews who were tortured and executed in Nazi concentration camps? The game is no better or worse than all the War games out there.

Originally posted by Nameless00

Do you honestly beleive war only affects those directly involved in it? What about the friends and family of the soldiers who lost their lives in WWII, and every other war? What about all the Jews who were tortured and executed in Nazi concentration camps? The game is no better or worse than all the War games out there.
    Exactly. And since when were all of the poeple in World Wars 1 and 2 voluntary soldiers? Maybe the first year or two were fought by professional soldiers but then the draft took place, not only in the US but in all of the allied countries. That is right, poeple were forced to fight and risk thier lives. They got a "Too bad" if they didn't want to.

-edit-
    Also, I never said that I thought a game based around a tragic event was a good idea, all I said is that this is nothing new and I am not going to make a big deal out of it.
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 07-27-2003 at 11:12 PM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

I agree with you casper.......however, what about games like Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City?

"Hi, do you like violence / Do you wanna see me stick nine inch nails through each one of my eye lids?"

H-I-T-E-R........NO L! hiter101's Avatar

Originally posted by Nameless00

alright i understand wher eu are comin from but u dont see a game where a jew is tryin to escape an oven from a concentration camp now do u?

and the relatives of wwII and I soldiers knew that there was a risk involved in being a soldier but the familys of these people knew nothing its just a reguialr day and boom some guy wearing a turban from afghanistan that hasnt seen any technological advances since the wheel kills ur loved onesor hurts them in unimaginable mental ways
    Heaven Won't Take Me And Hell Is Afraide I'll Take Over

Hidden Content

"He LIved By His Word And He Died For His Word" Rip DZ

Hidden Content

Alright, this is probably one of the most offensive things in my life. 9/11 was a tragic event; I would never, ever want to play a video game about it. There is a difference between a game based upon war and a game based around a terrorist attack. It would be different if you were comparing a game based around concentration camps and a game based around 9/11.

I have nothing wrong with a game based around Operation Enduring Freedom, similar to that of a WWII game; it is based around a military operation. A war, an armed conflict where both sides know exactly what is going to happen.

The fact that some of you have nothing wrong with this disgusts me. Looking at these screen shots disgusts me, it brings back the feelings of what happened on September 11.

I'm going to go down what happened in my area on September 11. For those of you that don't know, I live on a military base. I went to school on September 11, not thinking of it any different than any other day. I hear about the first tower being stuck on the radio during gym, figuring that it was a small passenger plane that went off course; I don't think much of it. 2nd hour, I go to my Art class. I walk in and I see what actually happened, smoke billowing from the World Trade Center. I'm shocked, absolutely dumbfounded not really knowing what to think. Then, the rumors start, most of them later confirmed. See, the security level on the base goes from Real World Threatcon Alpha to Delta, Alpha being the least and Delta being the most. As the hours progressed, we rapidly went to from Alpha to Delta, something that I have never witnessed before. The fact that you are living in the area where the heaviest security measures must be enforced to ensure your safety is frightening. Millions of thoughts rushing through my head, students being pulled out of school left and right, the fear of my father leaving for God knows how long...it was hell. Serious hell for that day and several after. Full vehicle searches were done to get on base, backing the line of cars up for hours. It was frightening, the fear of the unknown.

Yeah, I wasn't directly affected by the planes themselves, but I was effected. My father did leave, for 4 months (shorter than what we expected) to undisclosed location, where we received the occasional email and telephone conversation. So that whole time period really screwed with my emotions and it's not something I want to be reminded of. I feel even worse for those in New York and the surrounding areas.

I'm usually all for people producing whatever they choose, whatever satisfies them. But this has stepped over the line, this is disgusting and I would be immensely happy if this production was stopped.

Thread Information