Thread: Killzone finally revealed.....?

Eek Killzone finally revealed.....?

I guess this is the "highly anticipated" fps for the ps2 that has been of talk the last year or so. Of coarse, Killzone, or what even it will be named, has little to do with the Xbox itself, this game has been in Halo's shadow for quite some time and I thought you peeps might be interested. The article also had some screen shots. Killzone. Even thought it's for the ps2, these screens look damn good.
    FUSA

Looks like it could be fun, if I had a PS2 I'd want to play it!

BTW, thnx for the info but for future reference this sorta news should be in the off-topic forum.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

BTW, thnx for the info but for future reference this sorta news should be in the off-topic forum.
    I was debating wether to put it here or in off topic. Off topic usually doesnt concern games, at least here it has a little to do wit the Xbox
    FUSA

A couple of the shots looked good, but 1 of them (#4) looked like ass.

With those type of graphics and the supposed 'vast amount of multiplayer options', I doubt that's possible with just the PS2 Hardware by itself. Maybe it's one of those games that works with the harddrive? The game looks interesting, but it will take some movies and screens before I decide if this game is a Halo killer or not.
    Hidden Content

My-sig-is-too-big...My sig...is TOO BIG!

There is no such thing as a "Halo Killer"....There is only Halo 2. And besides, I think that the PS2 sucks for FPS games, mostly because of the controller.

if killzone kills halo...then halo 2 will kill killzone. lol. say that 5 times fast...

RadRider

Graphically it looks reasonable, but not spectacular. It's very reminiscent of Ghost Recon on Xbox..
    Also it will be using the hard drive, something I think limits the game's appeal. It's like Perfect Dark on the N64, you had to buy the expansion pack in order to experience the whole game; only with Killzone you have to purchase a $150 USD hard drive to experience all the game has to offer.

Perfect Dark still is the best console FPS I've played. Once PD2 comes out on Xbox, I'll be set, provided it includes all the multiplayer options of the first game, more polish and just more everything.

I'm getting it
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

hmmm....something really big coming on PS2 and it's about FPS shooters.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Very nice, if I had a PS2 and it was fun I'd definitely pick it up.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

It does look pretty nice, but the ps2 controller is horrendous for playing first-person shooters. The xbox controller has much better analog sticks.

I dont think its the size of the PS2 analog sticks that bother me, its the fact that they're mushroom shaped and you tend to lose grip.

Thread Information