Thread: I killed Malak with grenades

Default I killed Malak with grenades

Okay...the lightsaber helped a bit, too. However, when Malak sucks the force out of the suspended Jedi I just couldn't keep up with him until I used grenades.

First off, whenever he stops to pull the force out of a Jedi pod there is a brief pause in the action. Hit him with an adhesvie grenade and you've got a few leisurely rounds to:
    1) heal (using the start button method)
    2) activate your verpine shields
    3) throw your lightsaber at Malak
    4) hit him with loads of grenades

This is done all from the safety of distance. And best of all, Malak won't lift a finger to stop you! He won't throw his lightsaber until AFTER he's released from the adhesive grenade. He won't defend himself at all! It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I hope this helps someone who is having problems killing Malak. I didn't have the skills to suck the force out of the pods myself, so I couldn't use that strategy.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Default How I beat Malak.

I hadn't thought of going that route on my first encounter w/ Malak. But it wouldn't of mattered, I'd left all my good equip. w/ my other characters, and he was just cutting me to ribbons.

So, reluctantly, I reloaded my game at the temple, slapped all my dopest gear on my main character, and forged ahead for a second time (which was really fine, the Star Forge level has lots of heavy duty battles ).

My second run in w/ Malak went much more cleanly. There were many times he hit for a big, fat, red '0' pts. damage! I barely had to heal, and I fought him toe-to-toe to the end.

It felt great to crush his pansy ass so thoroughly.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Nice tip. That'll help me a lot when I go light side. Dark side was really easy with my kill field or whatever it's called.

Star Forge level made me kind of angry though. While there were a lot of battles, I hate seeing enemies spawn. IMO, it should have been more like Halo where they come from somwhere, not just generated at the end of the hallway.
    RIP Dave

Stop posting spoilers in the title, please.

Member on the run

Well, I finally beat this game on the light side, and I have to do it on the dark side, but damn, did those thermal detonators come in handy against Malak!

Originally posted by Arven

I agree people should be more careful, but all this one really says is:

I killed Malak (big surprise you'd have to do that)

I used grenades (Well, I didn't but would it be a spoiler to say I used my light saber?)

Actually even though the title should have included the *spoiler* tag, I would have stopped reading right there if I was still working on my game.
    RIP Dave

huh...I didn't think malick was that hard. I hit him 2 times with my lightsaber and it was over.....no need for a medical pack, or grenades.

I thought malak was waaay too easy. I took him first try on the light side. First thing I did was kill all the jedi myself so he couldn't take their health. Next I would just do a few lightsaber throws, run for a bit to charge my force back up, then some more lightsaber throws. Painfully easy.

Originally posted by Arven

I really don't see any spoiler in the title....unless someone actually thought you didn't have to eventually fight Malak

Get a Life(US Navy)

Default Re: I killed Malak with grenades

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    Okay...the lightsaber helped a bit, too. However, when Malak sucks the force out of the suspended Jedi I just couldn't keep up with him until I used grenades.

First off, whenever he stops to pull the force out of a Jedi pod there is a brief pause in the action. Hit him with an adhesvie grenade and you've got a few leisurely rounds to:
    1) heal (using the start button method)
    2) activate your verpine shields
    3) throw your lightsaber at Malak
    4) hit him with loads of grenades

This is done all from the safety of distance. And best of all, Malak won't lift a finger to stop you! He won't throw his lightsaber until AFTER he's released from the adhesive grenade. He won't defend himself at all! It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I hope this helps someone who is having problems killing Malak. I didn't have the skills to suck the force out of the pods myself, so I couldn't use that strategy.

Well where is the fun in that.
    Life,Liberty,and the Pursuit of all who threaten it.

Thread Information