Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new owner suggestions...

Default new owner suggestions...

I'm going to be getting an xbox this week...these are the games I'm thinking about getting... any reason why I shouldn't get them or should get something else instead? judging from the titles you can tell what sort of games I like...I don't know too much about the xbox other than I'm getting one for backyard wrestling, lol...I've had consoles since atari 2600 on up...so I know about consoles and all...but the xbox struck a chord with me somewhere...prolly since it's like a computer and I've been mainly playing computer games for the past 4 years. lol anyway...advice or whatever you can tell me would help a lot... thanks guys

mortal kombat deadly alliance
    metal gear 2: substance
    timesplitters 2
    ufc tapout 2
    state of emergency
    kung fu chaos knockout kings 2002
    "Keep your head up and your hatchet high..."

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Default Re: new owner suggestions...

Originally posted by spectre187
    I'm going to be getting an xbox this week...these are the games I'm thinking about getting... any reason why I shouldn't get them or should get something else instead? judging from the titles you can tell what sort of games I like...I don't know too much about the xbox other than I'm getting one for backyard wrestling, lol...I've had consoles since atari 2600 on up...so I know about consoles and all...but the xbox struck a chord with me somewhere...prolly since it's like a computer and I've been mainly playing computer games for the past 4 years. lol anyway...advice or whatever you can tell me would help a lot... thanks guys

mortal kombat deadly alliance
    metal gear 2: substance
    timesplitters 2
    ufc tapout 2
    state of emergency
    kung fu chaos knockout kings 2002
    Knock Kings 2002????????

Everyone is going to tell you to get Halo, so lets get that out of the way. MG2S is a good pick up. MKDA is a decent fighter although I like DOA3 better. My only objection is soe (but it IS only 20 bucks so its not that bad) and its a mixed bag with Kung Fu Chaos.

My fave xbox games:

Star Wars: KOTOR
    Halo
    Shenmue 2
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein (if you are going to get xbox live)
    Panzer Dragoon Orta

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

I'm getting used games because it's cheaper...
    halo is an overhyped game, i've played it on my friends...nothing special
    and i'm getting mk:da free with the used xbox
    i figured soe won't have much replay value, but I can't resist a riot...haha

I was thinking about shenmue 2... tell me more LOL
    and I never liked the new wolfenstein on computer...it ruined the game and feel completely...had nothing to do with the old wolfenstein games except in name...and I've got a computer for first person shooters...I'm getting timesplitters tho cuz i've heard good things about it being similar to perfect dark...
    thanks for the help that wasfast, lol

once you own and play halo you wont say its overhyped. Definitely get it, no matter what you think. Definitely get live as well, it makes a lot of games that much more enjoyable. My favorite live game is return to castle wolfenstein, so definitely pick that up. Mvp baseball 2003 is the best baseball game out there if you are interested.
    Hidden Content <----- Red Sox discussion forum, check it out!

I have wolfenstein on computer already so theres no need to get a lesser quality version on xbox...and like i said...halo is over-rated... thats just my opinion tho...and i can still play all xbox live games free online through gamespy..even system link games...no need to pay for xbox live when i'm already paying for the internet too...i should have mentioned not to mention halo, hahahaha... oh well... thanks for the advice...i might rent it just to try it out again...i dunno

Seems to me like you picked the wrong system. You dont like Halo and youre not going to get Xbox Live. I smell TROLL!

yeah, it does seem like you dont like xbox at all. Plus xbox live 2.0 will give you so many more reasons to buy xbl. The stats and friends and organization now are reason enough to pay 50 bucks a year for it. It really is worth every penny and more.
    Hidden Content <----- Red Sox discussion forum, check it out!

"i smell TROLL" ??? wtf does that mean...
    and obviously I like xbox if I'm going to buy one... LOL
    I just don't see why i should pay to play the games online when I don't have to...
    I like xbox but I don't like first person games on xbox since they are better on a pc...so sue me? lol

if you have Xbox LIVE! list:

Ghost Recon
    RTCW
    MechAssualt
    Halo
    Splinter Cell
    Midnight Club II or Burnout 2
    Pulse Racer ( I believe it got a 1.0 in OXM )
    I haven't played MKDA, but I own Tao Feng, so which ever you prefer

no LIVE! list:

Halo
    splinter Cell
    Midnight Club II or Burnout 2
    either fighting game
    NCAA Football 2004
    Pulse Racer ( I don't think you can handle it... )
    Star Wars: Knights
    Morrowind and Hunter the Reckoning ( both 19.99 @ EB Games )

&quot;i smell TROLL&quot; ??? wtf does that mean...
    and obviously I like xbox if I'm going to buy one... LOL
    I just don't see why i should pay to play the games online when I don't have to...
    I like xbox but I don't like first person games on xbox since they are better on a pc...so sue me? lol
    PC games are always better...no doubt there...anyone who says so differently is just a Halo fanboy ( Halo is coming out for PC with full multiplayer functions, new weapons-flamethrower, plasma launcher-and vehicles-banshee in multiplay, rocket launching Warthog-and new multiplay maps ), or they think that xbox is better because it is MADE for gaming. Anyone ever heard of a video card? Because i think that's for PC gaming, and they sure make a lot of them. PC will always be the best video game platform, and Xbox will always be the best console.

RTCW is so much better on PC, as is Ghost Recon. The xbox graphics on GR are terrible.

Also, Halo was supposed to be a PC release, but it got press-ganged into release on the xbox.

Half-Life 2 was supposed to be PC only, but looks like xbox crybabies get their way.

Doom III...another PC only title...hmm, now on xbox. Funny how this works, aint it?

Originally posted by xbocks

PC games are always better...no doubt there...anyone who says so differently is just a Halo fanboy ( Halo is coming out for PC with full multiplayer functions, new weapons-flamethrower, plasma launcher-and vehicles-banshee in multiplay, rocket launching Warthog-and new multiplay maps ), or they think that xbox is better because it is MADE for gaming. Anyone ever heard of a video card? Because i think that's for PC gaming, and they sure make a lot of them. PC will always be the best video game platform, and Xbox will always be the best console.

RTCW is so much better on PC, as is Ghost Recon. The xbox graphics on GR are terrible.

Also, Halo was supposed to be a PC release, but it got press-ganged into release on the xbox.

Half-Life 2 was supposed to be PC only, but looks like xbox crybabies get their way.

Doom III...another PC only title...hmm, now on xbox. Funny how this works, aint it?
    Halo for PC will be pushed back and won't have anywhere near the quality of the Xbox version. It could turn out to be a poor port seeing as Bungie isn't developing or even overseeing it's work. The vast majority of PCs aren't optimized for gaming, that's why the Xbox is superior. Video cards alone won't make your experience better. The top of the line cards will put your back $300-400 and upgrade constantly. Then you have to take in the price of RAM, CPU, motherboard, OS, and other upgrades and you end up spending a fortune. You could just not upgrade, but then you'll have difficulty running the latest grades on good graphic settings.

You make it seem like the Xbox community somehow "begged" their way into getting third-party developers which is simply not true. Developers turn to Xbox because it is a stable, fast platform and has the architecture closest to the PC. I don't see why your bothering to b!tch about how we're getting a lot of (what look to be) great games.

IMO, the new weapons/vehicles/options in mutliplayer will just make it unbalanced. Microsoft is only developing the first Halo to PC to gain a much larger consumer base, because Halo 2 will be a Xbox exclusive.

Wolfenstein is better on the Xbox. The PC version lacks our good DLC maps, graphics (unless you have an insane system), easy online gameplay, better FPS, and no cheats/glitches. It is also much more enjoyable on a controller and sitting on a couch. The only important thing Xbox lacks is the Tram multiplayer map which I enjoy a lot.
    Xbox Games: Halo, PGR, SSX Tricky, Wolfenstein, Counter-Strike, and Crimson Skies
    Most Wanted: MotoGP 2, SSX 3, Halo 2, PGR 2, and B.C.
    Hidden Content

doom 3 will be better on pc i guarantee as will all first person games...
    here is my computer specs and it is by far not the super gamers setup by todays top of the line standards...
    btw- all rtcw is, is quake 3 at its core... if you can't get that to look good you have ****ty pc...

1.4ghz intel processor
    512mb rd ram (rd is fast as ****)
    ati radeon 9000 pro 32mb

thats pretty much what does it for gaming...
    now they have over 2 ghz processors and a 4ghz is out or comming out soon if i remember correctly...

first person games will always be better on a pc... (gaming pc that is... not some crappy ass office pc)

so for the hardcore pc gaming community (where i come from) an xbox brings nothing to the table except for fighting games and the occasional unique game...hence the reason why my list is filled with ufc, boxing, and fighting games for the most part...

btw- how is tao feng...i was thinking about getting it but then i decided to get mk:da since it comes with the system i'm going to get...i like american fighting games so much better than the foreign ones like soul calibur (blah)... they are less cartoonish and brutal...

"Halo for PC will be pushed back and won't have anywhere near the quality of the Xbox version" That is probably true figuring it was dumbed down for the xbox release...
    oh and woflenstein on pc has a massive amount of downloadable maps mods ect... something that wont be able to be done with a measly 8gb hard drive... try a 120gb, now thats a real gamers hd there...massive maps and mods...

don't get me wrong...xbox is good for fighters and original games that won't make it to pc... but xbox is bad for ports...such as every first person shooter taken off the pc and brought to xbox... ie- halo (yes it was a port even tho it wasnt released for pc...it was bogarted by microsoft to be xbox only)

yes pc stuff costs more...but you get more out of it... look at the xbox specs and look at a top of tyhe line pc and look at price difference... sure you can upgrade and upgrade and not stay top of the line because of cost like you said... but what is xbox... a dumbed down pc... WITHOUT TOP OF THE LINE PARTS...not that it's bad... but pc's are better performace wise...

and u are right about xbox third party developers...devs go where the money is...if there is an audiance for something it will be made... so i agree with ya there...

my main point is that an xbox is good for non-pc style games...understand it's limitations and don't claim it to be better than a pc...compare a top end pc running return to wolf to an xbox running return to wolf... you'll see what i'm talking about and rtcw is seriously lacking downloadable content on x compared to the pc... and its not even that great of a game compared to battlefield 1942... xbox is good like a dodge viper and a pc is good like an f1 racer... they are both good within their own elements...

so for the hardcore pc gaming community (where i come from) an xbox brings nothing to the table except for fighting games and the occasional unique game...hence the reason why my list is filled with ufc, boxing, and fighting games for the most part...

&quot;Halo for PC will be pushed back and won't have anywhere near the quality of the Xbox version&quot; That is probably true figuring it was dumbed down for the xbox release...
    oh and woflenstein on pc has a massive amount of downloadable maps mods ect... something that wont be able to be done with a measly 8gb hard drive... try a 120gb, now thats a real gamers hd there...massive maps and mods...

don't get me wrong...xbox is good for fighters and original games that won't make it to pc... but xbox is bad for ports...such as every first person shooter taken off the pc and brought to xbox... ie- halo (yes it was a port even tho it wasnt released for pc...it was bogarted by microsoft to be xbox only)

my main point is that an xbox is good for non-pc style games...understand it's limitations and don't claim it to be better than a pc...compare a top end pc running return to wolf to an xbox running return to wolf... you'll see what i'm talking about and rtcw is seriously lacking downloadable content on x compared to the pc... and its not even that great of a game compared to battlefield 1942... xbox is good like a dodge viper and a pc is good like an f1 racer... they are both good within their own elements...

LoL. Just upgrade your pc. Xbox is good for fighters? Sorry to tell you but ps2 is better for fighters. And you say Xbox is good for original games. Ok... lets review the games you are thinking of getting.
    MKA- Multi console
    Mgs2:Substance- Multi console- ps2 port
    Timesplitters 2- Multi Console
    UFC tapout 2- Basically the same game as the DC version
    State of Emergency- What do you know, ps2 port
    Knockout Kings 2002- A 2 year old game, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND PS2 PORT!!
    which brings us to the only game you mention that is xbox only. Kung Fu Chaos- Like I said before, mixed bag. There are other exclusive games better then this.

So, I ask again. Why are you getting an Xbox? You claim the Xbox has great fighters and original games yet none of the games you mention display these things.BTW, PC gaming is not that much better why? Because of voice communication. Dont give me that crap that pc games have voice communication. I give it to pc for mouse and keyboard and the amount of games. But voice comm. is huge.

"Dont give me that crap that pc games have voice communication."
    so you don't want to face facts... good job...ignore facts to support your own agenda...just like a politician...

mk is multiconsole but it looks better on xbox
    substance is mutliconsole and a port... but if im getting an xbox why not get it...or should i buy a ps2 for that lol
    timesplitters 2 is one of the few fps not on pc
    tapout isnt the same as the dreamcast version, lol... i used to have a dreamcast but not anymore... i love mma as I myself am involved with the real thing
    state of emergency is a ps2 port with multiplayer
    ko kings again looks better on xbox...
    games might be on ps2 but are always better on xbox...

and i didn't claim the xbox has great fighters i said it has good fighters...compared to the pc...and it does have good original titles... but the end result is that the ports have extra content and look a little better...bash xbox all you want i don't care... it's going under anyway, even tho i think its a hell of a lot better than ps2...

and i'm mainly getting an xbox to play backyard wrestling... since the xbox version will be better...
    and so i can install a 120gb hard drive, rent and copy games to it... lol... gotta love the advantages of hard drives hahaha...installing a faster dvd drive might be nice too 5speedis slow... lol
    anyway im basically getting it for the better graphics of any console system and the piracy factor... plus i can always run a psone emu on it in the near future...but its so easy to mod these things since it's so like a pc its probably why software sales are so weak compared to other systems... but hey... i don't have to justify anything as it is my money... lol...go bash xbox some more... you enjoy doing that...haha

oh yea... way to quote reviews with "mixed bag" sheep...lol

doom 3 will be better on pc i guarantee as will all first person games...
    Right... Seeing as you've played Doom 3 and all, you'd know? Lie #1.

all rtcw is, is quake 3 at its core... if you can't get that to look good you have ****ty pc...
    It was built off of the Quake 3 engine, but that's about the only similarity. RtCW takes place during WWII. Quake 3 is a fast-paced futuristic shooter with modular levels. Lie #2.

first person games will always be better on a pc... (gaming pc that is... not some crappy ass office pc)
    Complete opinion.

My friend and I have switched to the Xbox from PC and I think we were pretty hardcore about it. The Xbox brings nothing? Well yeah if you remove Halo 2, Fable, B.C., PGR, Xbox Live, XSN, and all of the Xbox exclusive games. Also the comfort of sitting on a couch playing in wide-screen/HD bliss. Lie #3.

&quot;Halo for PC will be pushed back and won't have anywhere near the quality of the Xbox version&quot; That is probably true figuring it was dumbed down for the xbox release...
    Halo was never truly orginally created for PC or Mac. The storyboard was drawn, the plot was there, and they had the ideas, but they never really began hard-coding it for PC/Mac. So, if it was never completed how could have it been dumber down exactly? Lie #4.

Wolfenstein on PC has tons of mods and maps? What planet are you from? I was an active player of the game until the Xbox version came out. But there as only a single mod in development (WWII) and one released (the Wild West multiplayer mod). The only map I can remember off the top my head that's played on RtCW is Tram and even that isn't very popular. What are these "massive" maps you speak of? Their of very similar, if not exact, proportion on Xbox. Lie #5.

You've contraticted yourself. Halo is coming out for the PC. And like I already stated it the coding part of production never got anywhere, so the coding/design used was really meant for Xbox. Contradtion #1.

yes pc stuff costs more...but you get more out of it... look at the xbox specs and look at a top of tyhe line pc and look at price difference... sure you can upgrade and upgrade and not stay top of the line because of cost like you said... but what is xbox... a dumbed down pc... WITHOUT TOP OF THE LINE PARTS...not that it's bad... but pc's are better performace wise...
    Without top-of-the line parts? What exactly do people buy for their PC? Oh yeah a Windows OS, Intel CPU, and a nVidia graphics card. Oh wait all those things are in a Xbox!!! Lie #6. Also, all Xbox's are optimized for gaming performance. PC's are meant for a very wide spectrum of applications/uses, so their specs alone aren't easily comparable. Lie #7

The reason you can get "top-of-the-line" graphics you can get on PC is because of graphics settings. The developers chose to decrease loading times, increase FPS, and chose slightly less RAM-dependent textures/polygon-count. Of course you can chose to kill the FPS and increase loading times siginificantly if you want to on the PC. Developers figure the game will be able to run smoothly in the future on the PC. But since the Xbox's hardware isn't legally upgradeable adding graphics options would be useless. The Xbox version of RtCW and PC version are near identical in terms of the campaign (ours is larger), and multiplayer gameplay/maps. IMO, BF1942 is terrible. I won't even go there.

TOTALS:
    7 Lies
    1 Complete Contradiction
    And a lot of opinion and very little fact

Good day all!
    Xbox Games: Halo, PGR, SSX Tricky, Wolfenstein, Counter-Strike, and Crimson Skies
    Most Wanted: MotoGP 2, SSX 3, Halo 2, PGR 2, and B.C.
    Hidden Content

just buy the xbox and soon you to will use your computer for porn and emails. trust us we've been there done that.

^^^^^ hahahahahahaha that was great.

Sounds to me like you need to stick with your computer and keep receiving those porn emails
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Owned And Operated by Yours Truely

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Thread Information