Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Azurik Help Needed (SPOILERS)

Default Azurik Help Needed (SPOILERS)

I've come across a number of challenges with Azurik that have me stumped. I suspect I'm missing something really obvious and once I get that one thing the rest will fall into place.

1) I've come across two chambers that contain very large mounted crystals. In front of each crystal are torches. One set of torches had blue flames. One set had orange flames. I don't seem to be able to interact with the torches at all. When I give the crystals a whack they make a pleasant tone and turn dark but nothing helpful seems to occur.

2) There is one level with large claws traveling down tracks. It looks like I should be able to jump into the claw but I always fail.

3) Near the entrance to the claw level there is a chamber with a lot of debris. The oracle talks about a fire (?) guardian in the desert or some such thing. When I look up I can see what appears to be a fragment with white sparks dancing around it. With all the rock and debris in the room it looks like I should be able to climb up to where that fragment is but I can't seem to reach it.

4) Maximus asked about the folding ladder in the river level. I still can't figure out how to lower that thing. With all the trees you'd think you could climb up there but the trees don't appear to be scalable. There are vines on some of the trees but those don't allow me to climb, either.

5) In the level with the claws on tracks (where I'm supposed to start the conveyor belt) there is a semi-circle of pillars that surround a small podium with something that looks like a palm tree on top. I have no idea what to do with that. I tried Xing it and whacking it but it doesn't do anything.

6) What is the best way to kill those giant mechanical headless gorillas? The only way I've been able to do it is to go into god mode and start whacking. Obviously, there must be a better way.

7) I came to what looks like an old temple. The access point was via one of the drill holes in the big room with all the keys. There is a big wall of flames in front of a glyph. I only have first level fire and water. It doesn't seem to be affected by anything. I tried climbing the vines. I found an obsidian in the basin. It looks like there should be a fountain here but I don't see a way to activate it.

8) In the lava level I'm having trouble getting to the doors. I've activated some of the pipes and there is a lake of lava with covered geyers. The geysers blow their covers into the air where they hover for a bit and then crash down on top of the geysers again. I can leap from the lava pipe to one of these covers. When I try to leap from this cover to the next cover I die upon impact. I tried this in god mode and I can make it to the doors but once I'm there I can't reach any of the items because they are on the second level and I don't see a way to get up there. I suspect I need the air power but I don't know where to get it.

Those are the questions off the top of my head. I'm sure I forgot some. Any help would be appreciated.

Nobody can help me?
    C'mon.

Taz? Max?

Help, hell I need to catch up!

There are times when having a loving and supportive family that forces one to get needed sleep can be a real bother
    lee

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Re: Azurik Help Needed (SPOILERS)

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    I've come across a number of challenges with Azurik that have me stumped. I suspect I'm missing something really obvious and once I get that one thing the rest will fall into place.

1) I've come across two chambers that contain very large mounted crystals. In front of each crystal are torches. One set of torches had blue flames. One set had orange flames. I don't seem to be able to interact with the torches at all. When I give the crystals a whack they make a pleasant tone and turn dark but nothing helpful seems to occur.

2) There is one level with large claws traveling down tracks. It looks like I should be able to jump into the claw but I always fail.

3) Near the entrance to the claw level there is a chamber with a lot of debris. The oracle talks about a fire (?) guardian in the desert or some such thing. When I look up I can see what appears to be a fragment with white sparks dancing around it. With all the rock and debris in the room it looks like I should be able to climb up to where that fragment is but I can't seem to reach it.

4) Maximus asked about the folding ladder in the river level. I still can't figure out how to lower that thing. With all the trees you'd think you could climb up there but the trees don't appear to be scalable. There are vines on some of the trees but those don't allow me to climb, either.

5) In the level with the claws on tracks (where I'm supposed to start the conveyor belt) there is a semi-circle of pillars that surround a small podium with something that looks like a palm tree on top. I have no idea what to do with that. I tried Xing it and whacking it but it doesn't do anything.

6) What is the best way to kill those giant mechanical headless gorillas? The only way I've been able to do it is to go into god mode and start whacking. Obviously, there must be a better way.

7) I came to what looks like an old temple. The access point was via one of the drill holes in the big room with all the keys. There is a big wall of flames in front of a glyph. I only have first level fire and water. It doesn't seem to be affected by anything. I tried climbing the vines. I found an obsidian in the basin. It looks like there should be a fountain here but I don't see a way to activate it.

8) In the lava level I'm having trouble getting to the doors. I've activated some of the pipes and there is a lake of lava with covered geyers. The geysers blow their covers into the air where they hover for a bit and then crash down on top of the geysers again. I can leap from the lava pipe to one of these covers. When I try to leap from this cover to the next cover I die upon impact. I tried this in god mode and I can make it to the doors but once I'm there I can't reach any of the items because they are on the second level and I don't see a way to get up there. I suspect I need the air power but I don't know where to get it.

Those are the questions off the top of my head. I'm sure I forgot some. Any help would be appreciated.
    Okay, Hugh...I'm not sure exactly what you mean by all of this, but, I will do the best I can. In regards to those large "mechanical gorillas", I don't even bother...lol...they are extremely tough...I've done it, but it's not worth the agony! lol.

Hey, but, I found a new level in the water level! Maybe you are ahead of me or something....but, maybe you just started working a different path...I have no idea what you mean by the "claw level"...It doesn't sound familiar. But, if you go into the water level, head towards the left instead of going straight into the water. You need to jump on the platforms which are above water and keep jumping across until you get to a large ice cube. Select your fire power and melt that mama jama. You will go onto a bridge or pathway that is above the water (but also in the water - meaning, it's not levitating above the water)...it's about the equivalance of 3 feet...run to the left and jump in the water...you keep swimming until you come to a big opening under water in which you will find a tube...swim into the tube..this is where you get Earth Power.

Now, about the fire wall in the underground lair where all the keys are, Taz pointed out to me that there are two "dots" in the image that is inside the fire...this means that you have to have the 2nd level of water power. I'm not quite there yet, either...but, apparently, there are three levels of powers...meaning 1st water power, 2nd water power (which is more advanced, if you will), and 3rd water power (the most powerful). I'm guessing that a fire wall with three dots will require that you have the 3rd water power, respectively.

Now, about the ladder in the River level...I actually still haven't figured it out...and I haven't let that bug me to death since I am trying a different area...I'm figuring that this puzzle will start becoming more clear as the game proceeds. I do have a question about the River level, though...there is a hole in there that has a bunch of rotating spikes (I believe it was red and you look down and there are spikes rotating inside)...have you figured out what that is all about?

Let's figure this mama jama out...I'll keep you posted.

Hugh,.. tell me what elemental powers you have, and I will try and steer you in the right direction,.. you will not be able to progress to certain parts of the realms until you have a ceratin ability,..

I have 2 complete Disks and all level 2 powers except fire,.. which is level 3 now,..

I can answer and help you along,.. but I do need to know what elemental powers you have,..

-Tazilla

I can kinda answer some of these for you,..

1. ignore these for right now,.. but remember where they are,..

2. yes you can jump into the claw, but it will toss you out if you do not have air power.

3. you can't jump on anything in that room to get you high enough to grab what you see up there,.. it will be accessible later in the game.

4. you can not reach this ladder from anywhere that you can see from the ground,.. you have to get the comveyors going,.. then later you can reach it,...

5. it does nothing that I know of except sit there and look like it should do something,.. maybe it will come clear later on in the game

6. the best way to smash the Golems (mech apes) is to use elecric Axion "Water+Air+Fire" if you can not combine those elements yet,.. use water,.. and it takes about 16 hits with level one water. 24 hits will knock em flat with just the plain Axion,..

7. you need level two fire for that room,..

8. yes you need air power,.. and I believe you get it in the Stormy Sea,... always go back to town, and talk to the oracle,.. he'll guide you to your next objective,...

I don't recall ever seeing a stormy sea. Hmmm...

Okay. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to find my way back to town.

As for powers, I've got red and blue. I think that means water and fire, right?

I made it back to town. I melted a block of idce that was covering a geyser. I rode the geyser up into a chamber where an iceberg was floating back and forth. I noticed that I can stand on one side of the iceberg and make it tip but I haven't figured out what to do with this knowledge. Am I supposed to do something here? Can I make the iceberg go over the falls?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Hugh, I'm not sure what's up with the Ice berg yet....I haven't needed to go there for quite a while.

But, since you have level one fire power, go to the beginning of the water level...starting from the bridge from the town. You do not need to launch across the water (to the level that has the floating ice berg). Just go to the beginning.

When you are going down the sandy hill, proceed to your left. There will be a about three stones that you can jump and climb up to (this is how you got to the geyser that launched you to the water world). On the platforms, you will see in the distance an ice block that you can melt. Melt away that mama jama and jump over to the other side of it, now that's it's melted away.

Once you are there, proceed to the right until you cannot walk any further...then, swim out to see and swim to the bottom of the ocean. As you proceed, you will see a crack in the ground...pretty wide crack, obviously large enough to swim into. Down there, you will see a water pipe...swim into that mama jama...on this level you will have to hit several blue switches...this is a really cool level...I'm on this right now and you have to figure out how to get the Earth power, I believe. This is where you get level 1 Earth power!

So, remember, if you see a blue switch that is round and approximately 3 feet in height (according to scale), simply hit the X button and it will switch. You need to find several of these on this level. Pay attention when it's day or night time...this is critical. To know that it is night, all you have to see are the glows of large lights that are sticking out from the water. During the day time, the tide either goes down or these platforms will literally pop up from the water so you can jump on them that will lead you to a new switch to turn.

Are you confused or am I pretty clear on this? Let me know

If I remember right, is the power which you get in the Stormy Sea area. Maximus gave a pretty good description of how to get there. If you're standing on the beach below town you'll see a large structure that looks like a couple of horns (reminds me of the serpent icon from Conan) out at sea and off to the right - that's where you want to be.

I did a little exploring last night and got to the fire realm. Didn't really make any progress but could call it a mapping mission
    lee

duh,air power that is.
    lee

yes,.. you receive Air power in the Stormy Sea,..

Still looking for a beer stand,..
    Max,.. have you found one yet?

Still looking for a beer stand,..
    Thought I caught a glimpse of one in the fire realm ... too hot ... must find cold beer ...
    lee

I started the conveyor belt. However, when I got on it; there was a magnetic stream and it transfered me directly down the grinding thingy and I couldnt get out. Another thing, I cant get back to the saving point so I could save the game. I have to leave the Xbox on till someone help me out.... Please help me quick. I thank you in advance!

I've got the air power now. I assume I'm supposed to use it to reach the disc fragment. However, when I attempt to use the air power it doesn't seem to do much. I try to fly over to the ...er... blooming flower things... and I just fall into the water. I tried climbing up onto the open petals. When the flowers close the petals fling me into the air but I can't seem to maneuver to the fragment. I also can't deploy my wings while I'm in the air (strange).

Am I supposed to be able to fly with these wings?

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    I've got the air power now. I assume I'm supposed to use it to reach the disc fragment. However, when I attempt to use the air power it doesn't seem to do much. I try to fly over to the ...er... blooming flower things... and I just fall into the water. I tried climbing up onto the open petals. When the flowers close the petals fling me into the air but I can't seem to maneuver to the fragment. I also can't deploy my wings while I'm in the air (strange).

Am I supposed to be able to fly with these wings?
    learn to use the air power,.. jump once,.. at the peak of your jump hit the jump button again,.. it gives you a little more distance,... activate all the switches in the huts,.. and float in the water above the last platform on the day/night bridges,.. wait for them to rise up,.. then you should be able to get the disk piece.

Originally posted by EthanQT
    I started the conveyor belt. However, when I got on it; there was a magnetic stream and it transfered me directly down the grinding thingy and I couldnt get out. Another thing, I cant get back to the saving point so I could save the game. I have to leave the Xbox on till someone help me out.... Please help me quick. I thank you in advance!
    try standing on top pf the rocks on the conveyor,.. but you really don't need to be on that one anymore anyway,...

Wink

What about mine ? Im still waiting...please help!

Look up Ethan

Talking

LOL We posted at the same time! Thanks!

Thread Information