Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broken xbox

Default broken xbox

I got my xbox yesterday from gamestop.com it worked great and I love it! but...

today i wake up and i go to turn it on and i get nothing... it wont even turn on at all...
    although i hear it make a faint sound wehn i press the button, sort of like the hard drive starting or something i dunno exactly...but its very faint...

any ideas...im so mad i shelled out all this money and gamestop screwed me...i think anyway... is this common or am I forgeting something and looking like an idiot? HELP ME! lol
    thanks
    "Keep your head up and your hatchet high..."

THE REAL BOSS

What color is the light in the front of the xbox green or orange?

If it's orange check your cables in the back because they aren't plugged in all the way.

In that case i would disconnect everything and reconnect everything then try it again.
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

it was green when it would turn on
    now it won't light up or turn on

Member on the run

Originally posted by spectre187
    it was green when it would turn on
    now it won't light up or turn on
    Hate to sound like an ass, but is it plugged in? Or is the circuit breaker that is associated with that plug flipped?

yep everything else is working on the power strip and i even tried it in another room/another tv/another outlet ect...

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

Just take it back to gamestop. You've only had it a day. Exchange it for another Xbox.

problem is i paid for overnight shipping from gamestop.com kind of defeats the purpose now. not to mention i'll have to wait for them to ship me another and i'm willing to bet they'll ship me a replacement through the cheapest shipping they can and they'll give me some shoddy non-working one again...i just emailed them about a return tho...if it was the gamestop store that wouldn't be a problem... but its not... its online so this involves shipping and everything...but oh well... gamestop needs to check things more carefully...

RadRider

Is there a store nearby? You could probably return it to a store regardless if you bought it online or not, unless you've already asked them about it.
    Quite frankly, I'll never buy anything from GameStop. First about them selling used games and listing them as new, now them selling Xboxes that don't work. EB definitely has better quality management.

it says on the website the stores can't take them back
    how crappy is that?

RadRider

Very crappy. I'd still call the store and complain. It's the same chain, they must be able to do something.
    Very bad business. I definitely won't consider gamestop again.

im ****ed offright now, if i call the store i'll ***** out whoever answers...then when they say something back i'll go down to the store and beat their ass...be on camera...get arrested, and throwin in jail... i don't want to put myself in a situation I can't control. lol... im very ****ed off that i saved to get this **** for 2 months and it doesn'tm work ahhhhh

Man I know what that is like! I'm on my third Xbox right now, and I have a feeling this one is failing me too. Unfortunately, I'm a cheap retard who will never learn to buy a friggin warranty.

that really sucks...
    oh and i looked at the bottom of my unit...
    this unit was supposedly inspected by some gamestop refurbishing team... what a joke!

Wow! So did you buy a supposedly new Xbox? Or did it say some where (and it should) that you were buying a used Xbox. Go and check, it probably says somewhere that you were buying a used Xbox...but if it doesn't...give gamespot hell for me. They can't do that.

yea it was a used one

do u hear a faint shocking sound? if u do, the thing u plug the power cord into might be loose check if it is wiggling if it is u need to open ur xbox and sader it to fix it. it worked for me

*cough*lawsuit*cough*

I've bought all my used systems (Gamecube, PoS2) from Electronics Botiuqe and the worked just fine, never bought anything other than a very overpriced game from Gamestop / Funcoland / etc.

not a fanboy

hmm, I always get great service from gamestop.

well this is what happens when you buy refurbished or preowned things... I mean why would you spend $149.99 on a refurbished/preowned xbox when you could save for another week or two weeks and snag a new one for $179.99 ... Cmon now.. Im not trying to **** you off or nothing spectre.. but You get what you pay for
    Hidden Content

Games I Own ~ Halo, Morrowind, Unreal Championship, Wolfenstien, Madden 2004 (Thank you EA)

Games I Want ~ Fable, Ninja Gaiden, THUG, True Crime

very true...
    oh well...
    and yes i tried wiggling it and everything and thats exactly the problem...prolly power supply...
    fed ex is picking it up free tho
    and hopefully i'll have it by wed I'm hoping... since they are going to ship it back overnight since thats what shipping i paid for...
    hopefully the one i get will work too, and im very impatient so this is ****ing me off, lol... gamestop is actually cheaper than eb... but never will i deal with gamestop again...ever...

Thread Information